What's new

Breakthrough - Cutthroat True 50/50 after opponent successfully blocks an overhead

MrInsaynne

PG Coach Steve
Now, as we know, 50/50s are exactly that. Sometimes they guess right, sometimes wrong. So I found a way to get another immediate chance at a 50/50 considering the opponent guesses correctly on your overhead. Requires 1 meter for extra frame advantage. But take a look at the video (remains unlisted out of laziness).

EDIT: STILL WORKS IN CURRENT MKX BETA BY THE WAY

I dont remember if i tested this against females or not, as I made this about a week or 2 ago. Leave your thoughts below!

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Yoo that's pretty mental. Especially considering how much damage it would do if it hits! Nice find! :D

Inb4 more than a fiddy fiddy

Last edited:

Vigilante24

Beware my power, Red Lantern's Light
Broke...

Dude how plus is that cancel? Imma need to start doing this now. Does it work midscreen as well?

MrInsaynne

PG Coach Steve
What happens if they block the last two hits ducking? (or will their body even duck during the string? Does it jail them into standing?) What about midscreen?
Hmm, i'd have to test if they get jailed into standing completely (i believe they do, but it doesnt hurt to confirm)
Midscreen the J1 jails but i believe they're out of range for the overhead. I know in the beta it works 100% but again its been a while since i tested and i forget things lolol

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Hmm, i'd have to test if they get jailed into standing completely (i believe they do, but it doesnt hurt to confirm)
Midscreen the J1 jails but i believe they're out of range for the overhead. I know in the beta it works 100% but again its been a while since i tested and i forget things lolol
Ewwwwwwww the B1 would work midscreen too with the range buff? D i s g u s t i n g. Cutthroat could be stupid with all these buffs, I warned people! :p

Malarkey

"What's that? Something like underground?"
This is really great stuff! It will definitely catch some people off guard. However it doesn't jail if they block the last hit crouching, the Ji1 will whiff for full combo. But if we see that they aren't ducking it'll catch. Good stuff.

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
Now, as we know, 50/50s are exactly that. Sometimes they guess right, sometimes wrong. So I found a way to get another immediate chance at a 50/50 considering the opponent guesses correctly on your overhead. Requires 1 meter for extra frame advantage. But take a look at the video (remains unlisted out of laziness).

EDIT: STILL WORKS IN CURRENT MKX BETA BY THE WAY

I dont remember if i tested this against females or not, as I made this about a week or 2 ago. Leave your thoughts below!

Blocking and then getting hit by the next inescapable 50/50 is like just handing over a threefiddy to the lake monster.....

*Turns around*
"Goddamnit, now don't go around giving the lake monster a 3fiddy woman!*

Tweedy

Noob
I'm so hungry to see this variation used in tournament haha. Coach Steve, do you still prefer Cybernetic?