What's new

Tech - Flame Fists Trident Rush is ok in MKX

ando1184

Noob
Question: what is the point of MB flame fist? I tried to use the cancel into my bnb and it activates slower and does the same damage output from what I've witnessed. Anyone got anything on this?

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
Oh right on, didn't know you were plus canceling into flame fist aura.

Edit: I don't know if it's +7 though: I can't seem to make B1 jail and that's a 6 frame SU; I know that would be a two frame link but I can't seem to make it happen once and I have the timing down to combo after flame fist aura cancels already. You sure it's +7? Looks +5'ish to me.
I just treat it as a string. The link is really tight, but you can even get 113 out after canceling sf on hit after f44.

@xarakamaka has some really good combos

Xev

Noob
You guys need to lab better. Windmill punches info shaolin flame is -7. There is gaps all over the place. You can parry yes but that'sall you get as a mixup really. Nothing is safe.
You sure on the -7? Unless I messed it up I think it's around -10, I'm able to punish it with Reptile's f4 (though very tight timing), and at a minimum it's at least -9 since reptile dash seems to always work on reversal from WP to flame. Possible I messed up but pretty sure that's right.

SEV

Noob
I just treat it as a string. The link is really tight, but you can even get 113 out after canceling sf on hit after f44.

@xarakamaka has some really good combos
We were talking about cancel advantage on block, not hit.

Edit: Got B1 and F1 SU's mixed up, whoops.

Still a good find though: a just frame B1 can blow up armored reversals(except against maybe Cassie and Reptile), and B12 is less negative than F123 and easier to hit confirm from than F12. Just harder execution after the cancel.

Last edited:

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
We were talking about cancel advantage on block, not hit. If the cancel is +7 on block, then B1 with 6 frame SU should be able to jail.
Oh yeah, I know what you mean. I was abusing the hell out of that against Jax. It might be character specific.

Last edited:

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
Thank you but I downloaded the patch this morning and am playing it for the first time. Can you explain what you mean?
Thanks fact that I found it so whatever it is since no one else found some this similar makes this right,no offence my friend but this is my opinion.I just did not like the answer!

I don't have all the options figured yet so I thought I would ask other kang players.

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
I hate this so much... did the Reptile and Liu Kang players just whine louder, while the civilized Goro and F/T players got crap?

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
I hate this so much... did the Reptile and Liu Kang players just whine louder, while the civilized Goro and F/T players got crap?
I don't really remember the Liu Kang community really whining. Also I'm sure netherrealm will get to those other characters. Just like kitana players bitched when kenshi got all those buffs and they hadn't gotten theirs yet, Ferra/ Torr and Goro will get their significant buffs soon I think.

f44 sf cant be normaled out of but can be armoured after . its probably plus 8 or 9 .

b34 sf is plus 8 or 9

111 sf is plus 5

112 sf is either plus 9 or 10

and obviously f213 which is plus 15 .

everyother string appears to be negative sorry if im out by one frame but hope this helps
im bumping this cos i updated it a bit . more plus than i thought on some . 112 sf seems really strong . you can 112 sf into b12 and beat kl ex spin reversal . strong string in this variation for plus

You guys think windmill chip is bad? Be thankful Raidens chip got nerfed because the charged strings did a whopping 2.5% chip lol

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
I don't really remember the Liu Kang community really whining. Also I'm sure netherrealm will get to those other characters. Just like kitana players bitched when kenshi got all those buffs and they hadn't gotten theirs yet, Ferra/ Torr and Goro will get their significant buffs soon I think.
If it ain't before Evo, don't give a damn.

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
im bumping this cos i updated it a bit . more plus than i thought on some . 112 sf seems really strong . you can 112 sf into b12 and beat kl ex spin reversal . strong string in this variation for plus
Yeah I learned from last night 112 and b12 are really great strings. B12 eats armor like nothing and conditions the opponent to keep blocking and continue to eat more chips.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
If it ain't before Evo, don't give a damn.
I'm sure they are doing the best they can. We can't demand that they instantly come up with fixes for every character, these things take time. Why they made changes to liu kang before F/T idk but I guess they had the idea of what they wanted to implement for him before they did for F/T.

gibster13

A fan of fans
I thought u could go more into his zoning if that's okay :) It is insane and perhaps can compete with Quan chi.

Both his fire balls are extremely quick and can be low,mid or instant air. These all do 7% this means he wins a lot of trades in zoning wars( quan a skulls do 6% and mournful do 5%).

But why not do shaolin flame (dd1) and instead if 7% do 10.50%!!! This is insane and not to mention the cancel if dd1 into fireball is ridiculously quick so it won't effect your timing of zoning. These will also do 6% on chip.

Instant air fireballs are a huge part of Liu Kang so master them.

I am watching FF a bit, but it seems like his cancels are not very good? I gotta know if you do WP xx DR if you can jump out of that. If not then I guess it is decent if it is only an armor gap. Seems like you can jump / back dash the flame fist cancel after WP.

SEV

Noob
I am watching FF a bit, but it seems like his cancels are not very good? I gotta know if you do WP xx DR if you can jump out of that. If not then I guess it is decent if it is only an armor gap. Seems like you can jump / back dash the flame fist cancel after WP.
I think someone said you can jump out some where earlier but I know you can punish a cancel from WP into FF with just regular buttons.

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
I don't think the cancel itself is the greatest thing in the world, but I do think the EN Windmill Punch cancel is a lot better and should be preferred. There are many characters who can only interrupt if they're crouching and at one specific part, and if they do it's towards the end of the string anyways so there is a lot of meter gained and a lot of chip done that for some characters (D'vorrah, Sonya, Scorpion), they get a pretty piss poor trade since you will have done almost as much chip as their reversal armor did. I'm a big fan of EN Windmill Punch cancel.

The regular one is the one that's quite a bit weaker but at least there are a solid variety of things you can do at the end. Armor can beat a lot of it, but it is what it is, the chip is often worth the small hit you might take.