What's new

Tremor Specials Concept Art

Beast3

Theres No Escape
Okay, so there is a lot of hype going on about people wanting to port Tremor to the console versions of MK. He would have to be a viable character, with his own moves, not Smoke+Jax moves copied and pasted. I figured I would draw up some concept art on some specials I think would fit well with him if he were to be turned into a DLC character. Feel free to post your thoughts on this.
Tremor Drawing.jpg
Above Drawing by K.O.E_18
TremorSpecialConceptArt.jpeg

Specials In order as they appear on Concept Art:
1) Rock Wall - a parry type move that comes out about as fast as Liu Kang's parry. The way it works, as shown in the illustration, is that a rock sheet will shoot up out of the ground acting as a shield to Tremor. If the wall is struck by the opponent, it results in a stagger with minimal (2% damage) that allows for a follow up from Tremor. During stagger, the opponent is "in pain" holding his/her hand due to striking a solid wall.
2) Quake - Ground pound type move very similar to Jax. Recovers a little slower than ground pound in Vita version. Animation is a mound of rock/earth jutting out of the ground which trampolines the opponent high in the air, then sinking back down into the ground again.
3) Rock Blast - Slow moving projectile move with decent damage. Animation is Tremor stomping , which causes a boulder to launch out of the ground. When the boulder is in mid-air in front of Tremor, he punches it, sending it flying towards his opponent.
4) Mudslide - Skarlet like slide move used mainly for quick movement. Follow ups optional (but haven't given that possibility thought yet). Animation is a mound of dirt forming under Tremor's feet, carrying him towards his opponent. *Think of it as Tremor 'surfing' on dirt*
5) Stalagmite - Possible X-Ray or *Hits overhead/ Causes small ground bounce on air hit/ can act as AA with decent sized hitbox* Tremor throws his arms behind his back that together form a massive club of rock. He then swings his arms over his head for a smash attack on his opponent.
Eddy Wang's version - "(bow to earth) Stalagmite: here i think tremor should pull down a rock from the ground sending the opponent close to him, once there an Endured Rock punch shoud be delivered to the opponent stomach (X-Ray vision) forcing the opponent to bow and then rock overhead move comes out and hits showing the skull being Fucked up in X-ray Vision"

Tell me what you guys think!

M2Dave

Zoning Master
2) Quake - Ground pound type move very similar to Jax. Comes out a little slower than Jax's ground pound. Animation is a mound of rock/earth jutting out of the ground which trampolines the opponent high in the air, then sinking back down into the ground again.
No.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Well that and it would give him around the same amount of specials that other characters have. Don't characters have like 3-4 specials usually? Also it should come out as fast as smoke's b2 and be overhead. lol Nice earthbending move in his projectile.

Beast3

Theres No Escape
Well, 3-4 yes, but some have a couple more :p Couldn't help myself with the projectile, I just think it would look badass and completely different from everyone else's.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Same speed? Faster? Care to explain please?
You and I may have different visions for the character, but I think he should be a zoning character. I think the speed of the ground pound is fine the way it currently is in the Vita. The reason the move appears to be so quick is because of its recovery frames. If you give him Jax's ground pound without the ability to cancel, the move becomes 100% useless at any level of play.

Basically, I would give Tremor excellent zoning. In return, he receives a large hitbox and poor defense. Kind of like Freddy (and Kenshi to a lesser extent).

Beast3

Theres No Escape
You and I may have different visions for the character, but I think he should be a zoning character. I think the speed of the ground pound is fine the way it currently is in the Vita. The reason the move appears to be so quick is because of its recovery frames. If you give him Jax's ground pound without the ability to cancel, the move becomes 100% useless at any level of play.

Basically, I would give Tremor excellent zoning. In return, he receives a large hitbox and poor defense. Kind of like Freddy (and Kenshi to a lesser extent).
Okay I see where you're coming from now. The Vita GP just looked so fast to me that I thought it'd be way too much to give to a character. Now that you explained its the recovery frames though I don't see the high speed as a bad thing. (Also, never said it wouldn't be cancelable :p )

XxSYNDROISxX

For the Shokan since Mk3

I could see him as either but if we were going by MKSF then yes i would see him as a heavy zoner with some rush down capablites maybe they could use this a referance

NKZero

Noob

You love dem zoners :).

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Okay I see where you're coming from now. The Vita GP just looked so fast to me that I thought it'd be way too much to give to a character. Now that you explained its the recovery frames though I don't see the high speed as a bad thing. (Also, never said it wouldn't be cancelable :p )
Yeah. The move (as it is in the Vita) would most likely need more recovery frames to avoid rapid GP spam.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Specials In order as they appear on Concept Art:
1) Rock Wall - a parry type move that comes out about as fast as Liu Kang's parry. The way it works, as shown in the illustration, is that a rock sheet will shoot up out of the ground acting as a shield to Tremor. If the wall is struck by the opponent, it results in a stagger with minimal (2% damage) that allows for a follow up from Tremor. During stagger, the opponent is "in pain" holding his/her hand due to striking a solid wall.
2) Quake - Ground pound type move very similar to Jax. Comes out a little slower than Jax's ground pound. Animation is a mound of rock/earth jutting out of the ground which trampolines the opponent high in the air, then sinking back down into the ground again.
3) Rock Blast - Slow moving projectile move with decent damage. Animation is Tremor stomping , which causes a boulder to launch out of the ground. When the boulder is in mid-air in front of Tremor, he punches it, sending it flying towards his opponent.
4) Mudslide - Skarlet like slide move used mainly for quick movement. Follow ups optional (but haven't given that possibility thought yet). Animation is a mound of dirt forming under Tremor's feet, carrying him towards his opponent. *Think of it as Tremor 'surfing' on dirt*
5) Stalagmite - *Hits overhead/ Causes small ground bounce on air hit/ can act as AA with decent sized hitbox* Tremor throws his arms behind his back that together form a massive club of rock. He then swings his arms over his head for a smash attack on his opponent.

Tell me what you guys think!
Good, i think you could go a bit further ^^

1) Mud Parry: Tremor turn his entire body into mud and everyone who touches it get stuck while tremor forms out from a part of the mud and counter back. EX Version should pop up

2) Rock Wall: This is where i think your rock wall should be, but not to act as shield, but to have 3 distances (short, medium, far) and take them from the ground. En version should come out faster and do a bit more damage.

4) not sure i agree but i have nothing to say ^^

5)(bow to earth) Stalagmite: here i think tremor should pull down a rock from the ground sending the opponent close to him, once there an Endured Rock punch shoud be delivered to the opponent stomach (X-Ray vision) forcing the opponent to bow and then your rock overhead move comes out and hits showing the skull being Fucked up in X-ray Vision

Beast3

Theres No Escape

1) Mud Parry: Tremor turn his entire body into mud and everyone who touches it get stuck while tremor forms out from a part of the mud and counter back. EX Version should pop up

2) Rock Wall: This is where i think your rock wall should be, but not to act as shield, but to have 3 distances (short, medium, far) and take them from the ground. En version should come out faster and do a bit more damage.

5)(bow to earth) Stalagmite: here i think tremor should pull down a rock from the ground sending the opponent close to him, once there an Endured Rock punch shoud be delivered to the opponent stomach (X-Ray vision) forcing the opponent to bow and then your rock overhead move comes out and hits showing the skull being Fucked up in X-ray Vision
Damn, these are good too. #4....yeah, I know it wouldn't really fit per say, but I just threw it in there to possibly give him some mobility options :)
Loving the #5 X-ray idea. Ill edit that into the OP, credit to you of course.

XxSYNDROISxX

For the Shokan since Mk3

I like 1 but it should be vold against sweeps

XxSYNDROISxX

For the Shokan since Mk3
Yup, like any other parry in the game ^^
but i like where this is going i hope we get this but for some reason Ed Boon has a huge hatred for Tremor i just wish he would come and say why he has a problem with this character i mean if Tremor has this much of a following id bank on it and smile all the way to the bank but sometimes people just have to have things done there way i mean look at when he had that voting crap for dlc but then after freddy he goes and says " oh we had these Dlc fighters planned from the start" sometime i just shake my head:(

Beast3

Theres No Escape
but i like where this is going i hope we get this but for some reason Ed Boon has a huge hatred for Tremor i just wish he would come and say why he has a problem with this character i mean if Tremor has this much of a following id bank on it and smile all the way to the bank but sometimes people just have to have things done there way i mean look at when he had that voting crap for dlc but then after freddy he goes and says " oh we had these Dlc fighters planned from the start" sometime i just shake my head:(
Honestly, if its already blowing up this much and people really want him it'd be a stupid business decision NOT to give us Tremor.

exyle

Noob
The way it works, as shown in the illustration, is that a rock sheet will shoot up out of the ground acting as a shield to Tremor. If the wall is struck by the opponent, it results in a stagger with minimal (2% damage) that allows for a follow up from Tremor.
A parry move that allows full combo punish? haha S++ tier!
Animations and ideas are good though.

Beast3

Theres No Escape
A parry move that allows full combo punish? haha S++ tier!
Animations and ideas are good though.
Lol, push back/stagger could be fixed on hit so that only a minimal damage combo can be followed up with, so that people don't abuse it or bitch about it too much ^^

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?

Why would I want a ninja-Freddy? I hate Freddy. Freddy could've been Tremor :p ;)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2