What's new

Match-Up Discussion - Tremor Tremor Match-Up Discussion Thread

The Highlander

There can be only one
I really struggled against F/T in the var. where he's by himself. I could zone him fairly effectively but once he got in his d1 shut me down: 6 frames, insane range, -3 on block (so still 9 frames even after blocked), it avoids f1, is +10 on hit allowing for a 50/50, and leads to a tick throw If i respect it... I tried back dashing but the range meant it kept catching me. Is this just something Tremor has to deal with?

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Now, while the MK community seems almost determined to collectively undersell Tremor as a whole mountain of capability - which I don't mind at all because fuck kneejerk nerfs - it seems like now, on the eve of Summer Jam and post-EVO major season, would be the best time to discuss and take account of Tremor's most difficult opponents and how to go about getting around their troublesome capabilities.
Any and all advice and recommendations are welcome in the name of strengthening Stoner Mountain.

So far, my biggest hurdle - although it could be arguably due to the netcode and requires a LOT more lab work - has been Liu Kang. His rushdown shatters all of my armored counter possibilities, his zoning can easily match mine in the right hands/at the right range...it's a fucking greasy horror show.

D

Deleted member 9158

Apparently I need to pick up loo-loo then. I get my shit slapped by tremors all the time

Atomic Era

Grundy want pants too.
I have to agree with Liu being Tremor's worst match up. I've had matches against Lius where I've all but won it only for them to get one knock down. He eats through any armored options you have, you can't try and keep him out for a breather because his zoning options are faster than yours and his flying kick goes over BF4. It's really, really bad.

Antlergroin

Sub-Zero main - Tremor and Scorpion scrub.
I have a lot of trouble fighting Kitana. She keeps me out for days with her fans with no chance to trade with projectiles and when she gets in, f1 just doesn't cut it when trying to get combos going. Help pls

SEV

Noob
Liu's probably his worst MU at the moment but that will most likely change on Monday if NRS gets rid of Liu's FBDC.

I use Crystalline and Kitana hasn't been a bust for me just yet, but it is difficult. Get a read on when she is going to iAF, then you can counter with the low projectile. That should trade, and you'll get a knock down. If you're using Aftershock, this can give you time to throw out a boulder to try and cover your approach or with Crystalline you can also armor up or get the interactible up.

Aftershock's counter zoning is all aerial based so against characters with iAFB's, Aftershock's best tool is pretty much useless, so you may as well go Crystalline. I haven't really found a match up so far though where I prefer Aftershock, actually.

Last edited:

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Yea, I get wrecked by Liu Kang. I can't get anything worthwhile in crystal going except down 1 punishes with Ex blast. I'm thinking about trying out Metallic on him. Perhaps goldie's faster and safer zoning can shut him down. Probably could block an armored kick too if you cancelled it. I like the possibilities, I see no way to punish his pressure perhaps at least I can stop him from getting in with the kick.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
So what do you guys think of the tremor vs liu kang ? It seems like when flae fist liu touches you he doesnt let go

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
So what do you guys think of the tremor vs liu kang ? It seems like when flae fist liu touches you he doesnt let go
yea its not a enjoyable mu atm.
i dunno even which variation the best pick for it yet, aftershock helps with the zoning part of it but i think crystalline better when your in.
kang cant parry shatters so if he doesnt anything but ex flame fist after windmill punches ex low shatter with get him. windmill punched break flex(dd1) so thats doesnt have as much i dont give a fuck use as other mus. not really tried played it with metallic.

much prefer playing against ff than df though

Haou Shoukou Ken

I am for wine & the company of questionable women
liu Kang MU is fine, I only play crystalline but it seems more than manageable at least in that variation.
Ill get you guys some videos soon.

1man3letters

so vs gm sub.
seems tremor has too hold clone cancels as he cant punish them and its a not in his favor risk to even try shatter the clone.
guessing games seem all in subbys favor.
reversal shatter - sub f42 will punish after klone is broken
reversal rolling kutter - sub can jump over for full punish (same with reversal ground plus)
tremor jump 3 does make it over the klone but a backdash/armor from sub and your screwed
reversal overhead rock will get gimped aswell for a full combo
even ex stone punch cancel wont get anything done

in the corner, tremors d4 will reach through the clone because of the disjointed hitbox so least that something.
tremor cant punish well spaced out b2s also

variation wise, in aftershock, air ground shake will break the clone, crysatllines flex wont get frozen by clone.
variation wise with sub, unbreakable parry will counter flex and tremor cant punish cyros hammer.

1man3letters

was looking at vs warlock mu and found out quans portal kick can gimp up the overhead rock.
sometimes it comes back down on the leg quan sticks out of portal, (even when f or b held)
sometimes it doesnt come down at all. really strange :confused:

Against zoners like shinnok, kenshi, kitana and the like I pick metallic and use the full screen along with overhead rock To approach, it's harder against kenshi, Jacqui FA I usually just pick crystal cuz you'll never get a chance to throw a rock at her

Easier said than done but that variation is anti zoning imo

Or more so just a better answer to zoning

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
was looking at vs warlock mu and found out quans portal kick can gimp up the overhead rock.
sometimes it comes back down on the leg quan sticks out of portal, (even when f or b held)
Yea I feel like that kick wrecks all of Tremor's long range options except Aftershocks ground pound. I can't really decide between Aftershock or Crystal on this one. I like Aftershock against the other two variations.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
There's prolly a weird tag in the game system associated with that move if it's changing where the rock falls. Should probably make a vid and tag colt on that one.

1man3letters

just a mu specific thing ive known about for a while but havnt seen anyone mention so thought id share
vs both cages if nutpunch trades with overhead rock drop, cage/cassie gets a combo rather than tremor being able to block the next normal.
with overhead lava drop link is much tighter but still possible, ex overhead rock drop midscreen is only really situation they cant get the combo

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector
Tough match ups for me include Cassie cage, kitana, LK, ermac, KL, and on occasion characters with brutal d4's. (Lookin at you johnny cage, you low profiling asshole.) Any suggestions for these? The LK particularly is a nightmare.

Alakai

Noob
Anyone have any insight into the JC match up? Which variations are you guys picking against a-list and stunt double?

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Anyone have any insight into the JC match up? Which variations are you guys picking against a-list and stunt double?
Crystalline appears to have the best solution to f+3 and d+4 because of the long-range armor on EX low stone punch. Low stone punches also low profile A-List projectiles at certain ranges.

The armor on d,d+1 allows you to absorb one hit and punish all of Cage's wake up attacks in A-List. You can easily block the second hit of EX nut punch and punish. You can punish EX shadow kick and EX flip kick with f+1,2 xx down stone punch, but you have to be fast. The armor also allows you to zone better.

While looking at various ways of snuffing or escaping setups, this occurred on accident. Though I was able to replicate it several times over with Tremor and a smaller number of characters, I was left to wonder if this a known problem? I also wish they would fix the hit box of BF2 so the smaller characters could not simply run under it.

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector
Yea I feel like that kick wrecks all of Tremor's long range options except Aftershocks ground pound. I can't really decide between Aftershock or Crystal on this one. I like Aftershock against the other two variations.
I've come to find out Tremor does really well vs quan. Against Summoner I prefer to use crystalline over aftershock. Getting your flex on as much as possible makes it really annoying for quan trying to open you up, ex low shatter can really get you out of some sketchy on block situations, and Having a damaging safe low option also really allows you to take advantage of a knock down. Another thing I've had great success with is exdb2 cancels mid screen or closer. It allows you to plow right through air, ground skulls, and even runes, often times leading to a punish, or at the least pressure.. They that one obviously isn't variation specific.

J-KOB

OLD J-KOB
Hey mates,
last weekend I had session with my friend and I was testing Tremore against him. He used Shinnok for the first time so I had to get used to it fast. To be hones I lost many games with tremor simply because I didnt had tool to pressure him like I'm used to for example if playing against Ermac. I solved the loss with counterpicking to Kotal War god and won but I want to play good with Tremor especially in Cristalline. Can you give me any useful advices in this matchup ? Kindly regards :)