What's new

Towers of Time and Krypt economy — hotfix incoming very soon! IT BETTER BE GOOD.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I get your frustration, but that's anecdotal. I spent maybe 20 min in the Krypt and got 3 brutalities and a ton of gear and skins.
I spent longer and did not get one item I gave two shits about, so it's definitely not the same for everyone, and that's not ok. All I want is Brutalities, skins and gear parts. I got endless konsumables I'll never use and artwork I'll never look at.

I love how they went on and on about not having loot boxes, but the entire Krypt is a loot box.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Apparently, I'm hearing the Heart chests are not random. Can anybody confirm this?
Yep, heart and soul chests are not random and there is one for every character.

I spent longer and did not get one item I gave two shits about, so it's definitely not the same for everyone, and that's not ok. All I want is Brutalities, skins and gear parts. I got endless konsumables I'll never use and artwork I'll never look at.

I love how they went on and on about not having loot boxes, but the entire Krypt is a loot box.
Yeah, I agree, it's complete crap that it's randomized I hate that it's based on luck more than anything.

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
Yep, heart and soul chests are not random and there is one for every character.

Yeah, I agree, it's complete crap that it's randomized I hate that it's based on luck more than anything.
at the same time it keeps you playing longer till all chests are open I
I'M SO TORN
Keeping it known is easy but too quick and once you have what you need you ignore the krypt forever
On the other hand randomizing keeps you exploring but is very Grindy!

Last edited:

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
To keep it ALL THEY WAY LIVE I've been so discouraged to play any single player modes because of all the problems y'all are facing, I dont want my progress to get deleted. So ive just been waiting until the patch to really dive in deep into these modes.

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
My biggest problem is the Krypt. And it's two problems actually. Well, three if you count the permanent online bullshit.

They can tweak the reward drop rates as much as they want, but until it is static and mapped, completely devoid of randomness, it will keep being a big fat gigant lootbox. The ones they repeatedly promised wouldn't be in the game.

My other problem is that not only is it random, but it also doesn't even have everything in it. Half the stuff in this game is locked behind those stupid towers when it should be in the Krypt.

It makes me so mad, and none of this things will be fixed, they probably won't even be addressed. But this is what we should demand. The towers can go fuck themselves, the Krypt is the real problem.

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
My biggest problem is the Krypt. And it's two problems actually. Well, three if you count the permanent online bullshit.

They can tweak the reward drop rates as much as they want, but until it is static and mapped, completely devoid of randomness, it will keep being a big fat gigant lootbox. The ones they repeatedly promised wouldn't be in the game.

My other problem is that not only is it random, but it also doesn't even have everything in it. Half the stuff in this game is locked behind those stupid towers when it should be in the Krypt.

It makes me so mad, and none of this things will be fixed, they probably won't even be addressed. But this is what we should demand. The towers can go fuck themselves, the Krypt is the real problem.
And usually chests contain modifiers and other item crap that is useless. I can’t unlock my boy Liu Kang’s story mode and classic costumes. Fuck this

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
And usually chests contain modifiers and other item crap that is useless. I can’t unlock my boy Liu Kang’s story mode and classic costumes. Fuck this
And it wouldn't be a problem if every chest wasnt just a lootbox.
They have to change this. We should fucking hold them to their word. It makes me so mad.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
I hate that the second batch of character towers is like, PERFORM 75 BRUTALITIES AND 100 FATALITIES... to unlock a Brutality!

What? 175 wins with a single character, just to get one Brutality (and a skin). Who thought that was a good idea?!

I’m looking at you, Derek... :mad:

UPDATE: Just went back and it’s 75 and 75. Did this change? Or did my memory fail me? Either way, it’s still way too many for the reward.

Last edited:
I hate that the second batch of character towers is like, PERFORM 75 BRUTALITIES AND 100 FATALITIES... to unlock a Brutality!

What? 175 wins with a single character, just to get one Brutality (and a skin). Who thought that was a good idea?!

Fatality animations take about 15 seconds from start to end screen. So in order to unlock that tower, you need to spend 25 minutes of real world time, watching the same two fatalities.

You get one heart for performing a fatality. To open one 250 heart chest, you have to spend 1 hour, two minutes and 30 seconds of watching the same fatalities.

Put that in perspective. This is supposed to be fun ?

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ

Man, I would have expected to have at least unlocked half of all the skins for a given character by then, at the very least.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
Randomized krypt sounds fun idk
It would be more fun if the chests weren't so expensive to open.

However, unfortunately, the cost of the chests are preposterous

It really does seem like they didn't test this stuff. If they had an employee grind to unlock some of this shit, it would have immediately occurred to him/her how absurd some of it is.