What's new

*TOURNEY SEASON 3 - TEAM BATTLES* TYM League (PSN)

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
@STB Sgt Reed 3-0 He used Nightwolf 3 times, I used Johnny once and Skarlet twice

Starting to get better with SKarlet, just need to utilize her strings better.
With Skarlet, you were doing decent at playing keep away, but don't telegraph your teleports as much. You were using them at really obvious times and that got me the victory in one of the games as her teleport is slow recovery and easy to punish.

Very smart using a lot of tentacle vs NW as he can't reflect it, but be careful on your timing of them... vary up the rhythm so it isn't as easy to jump/block. And don't be afraid to throw some other projectiles every so often. I want to say you have time to do tentacle or teleport even if NW reflects a slow ball, but don't quote me on that.

I liked that you were staggering 12 with her since 124 is flawless block punishable. Throw in some more F43 and vary it with F4 and parry.

Use parry a lot more as well.

Just what I can think of off the top of my head. Good luck with her!

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
With Skarlet, you were doing decent at playing keep away, but don't telegraph your teleports as much. You were using them at really obvious times and that got me the victory in one of the games as her teleport is slow recovery and easy to punish.

Very smart using a lot of tentacle vs NW as he can't reflect it, but be careful on your timing of them... vary up the rhythm so it isn't as easy to jump/block. And don't be afraid to throw some other projectiles every so often. I want to say you have time to do tentacle or teleport even if NW reflects a slow ball, but don't quote me on that.

I liked that you were staggering 12 with her since 124 is flawless block punishable. Throw in some more F43 and vary it with F4 and parry.

Use parry a lot more as well.

Just what I can think of off the top of my head. Good luck with her!
Thanks for the advice. I just picked her up like 2 days ago so I'm just starting to learn things like that.

I'll most likely end up using Blood Drive in the long run.

Last edited:

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Thanks for the advice. I just picked her up like 2 days ago so I'm just starting to learn things like that.

I'll most likely end up using Blood Drive in the long run.
Don't do it! lol

I thought I was gonna use that one too but the parry is too important to her game. It makes people respect her staggers and be wary of flawless blocking her.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
I'm going to post the tourney bracket for this week pretty soon. I'm not including anyone that wasn't on the sheet for last week for obvious reasons like waiting for DQ. Also, if you missed any matches last week you still have 48 hours to play them and they go towards your points but will NOT change your seeding. Thanks and good luck in the tourney!

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
Okay, it's a new week, can i hop into the league? I'll be at a tournament the weekend so hopefully get this fight in by friday.
You certainly may, but we are having the league tourney this week. I can add you of course, just keep in mind it runs all through Sunday if you advance towards the end. If not, I can definitely add you for when we get back if you'd like to wait until after. :)

t3kwytch3r

Stone-Kold-Zoner
You certainly may, but we are having the league tourney this week. I can add you of course, just keep in mind it runs all through Sunday if you advance towards the end. If not, I can definitely add you for when we get back if you'd like to wait until after. :)
Since i definitely won't be able to compete sunday, i'll wait for after! Thanks :)

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
TOURNEY BRACKET

League Tourney Schedule

Okay guys, so here's the thing... this is the format we are doing and trying to stay in line with for the week. That being said, you can DEFINITELY and SHOULD play any of your matchups early if you can. This will have the tourney progress more smoothly and prevent a lot of waiting if schedules don't align for anyone. Any issues, please contact myself @Vslayer @DoDaMuSiC or @cashthesehands.

(including loser bracket)
Round 1 - Mon & Tues
Round 2 - Wed & Thurs
Round 3/Quarterfinals - Fri
Semifinals - Sat

Loser Finals - Grand Finals

Jugghead

Noob
TOURNEY BRACKET

League Tourney Schedule

Okay guys, so here's the thing... this is the format we are doing and trying to stay in line with for the week. That being said, you can DEFINITELY and SHOULD play any of your matchups early if you can. This will have the tourney progress more smoothly and prevent a lot of waiting if schedules don't align for anyone. Any issues, please contact myself @Vslayer @DoDaMuSiC or @cashthesehands.

(including loser bracket)
Round 1 - Mon & Tues
Round 2 - Wed & Thurs
Round 3/Quarterfinals - Fri
Semifinals - Sat

Loser Finals - Grand Finals
I haven't been keeping up on this, so sorry for the late response again. I won't be able to participate in the tourney or any future seasons.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
I haven't been keeping up on this, so sorry for the late response again. I won't be able to participate in the tourney or any future seasons.
@Dreamcatcher I'm away until september 1st, so you can count me out of the tourney from the start.
Dang that's a one-two punch of sadness right there. Okay, I will go ahead and remove you. Everyone else please be aware this will change seeding.

I'm about to hit "start tournament" so after this there's no going back... last chance to be added or for any other changes...