What's new

Tournament viable 2bars 71% Easy

The_SNKE

BLT | RM
How's your Lao comin' along? I'm hopin' on Mk for a while tomorrow, you should show me him and body my free ass Freddy aha.
Haha, not too bad. I haven't played too much since SCR but I'm still really digging him. I feel like if I ever drop Smoke it'll be for Lao haha. Definitely down to play, hopefully I'll see you on tomorrow! :)

Wildabeast

The Bat in the Hat
Cause meter don't give no fucks bout +1! Now that I think about it though can he let go of 2 during hitstun?

I wonder what delayed grinding hat is on block, I don't think Somberness has been asked about it's properties in open play but surely it'd have at least enough blockstun to guarantee something for Lao.

Somberness - ?
Yep, he can even let go of it while being comboed turning it into a 1 meter breaker.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
i've been saying this for a while now, Grindhat has so much potential. and i was right :D

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Yea, If you pull it off, then you pull it off and it takes mad damage. Of course if the opponent has a breaker by the time you land the :ex hat and breaks as right after the grab, then you will have used two bars and not for full potential.

I posted :ex grind hat corner combos in my guide. After any combo near the corner, just don't finish with a grab, do the :ex hat, the damage you could have got from a 2 :ex straight hat combo will be made up for when you land the grab.

1) stay laying down
2) duck (especially for the half of the cast with low hitboxes because then it's not even a mixup)
3) wakeup attack
4) armor
5) breaker
6) xray

off the top of my head these are things that would ruin your day. I cant think of a character who doesnt have a way out of this. maybe cybersub if you d3 otg, but then i'm not sure if you have enough time to throw before the grinding hat launches.

Lao doesnt really need gimmicks like this. I'm not saying it's bad necessarily, just unnecessary and i dont think it'll work against a human.

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
one day a great man will bring groundbreaking tech to the KL forums. but for now we must make do with more combos.

I don't understand. No, this isn't guaranteed. Not all characters are cyrax. This is very cool and very useful. Most set ups in this game can be gotten out of one way or another. To say this is not viable is basically saying ending combos in forceballs isnt viable because it can.be avoided.

coolwhip

Noob
I don't understand. No, this isn't guaranteed. Not all characters are cyrax. This is very cool and very useful. Most set ups in this game can be gotten out of one way or another. To say this is not viable is basically saying ending combos in forceballs isnt viable because it can.be avoided.
But when you end a combo with a forceball, you're only sacrificing minimal damage (a slide). In the case of this combo, you're sacrificing a good 25% or so (not to mention positional dominance, as your opponent is out of the corner if you don't nail it) on something that is very hard to pull off. Hence many stating it's not tournament viable. It is cool as hell though.

But when you end a combo with a forceball, you're only sacrificing minimal damage (a slide). In the case of this combo, you're sacrificing a good 25% or so (not to mention positional dominance, as your opponent is out of the corner if you don't nail it) on something that is very hard to pull off. Hence many stating it's not tournament viable. It is cool as hell though.
I understand what you are saying but I guess I mean more along the lines of how glue said it, just not going for the 24 at the endof combos and throw down an ex hat.

Lazoruz

Closer to the coffin, but still kicking..!
the fear of the ex hat will keep them in check, plus u can always jump over them for free into jip, and still get the grab to continue the combo
The problem I see Scar is teleport characters (ie..Raiden, Scorpion, Ermac ec.) can escape after a well timed fuzzy block. Although I agree it would take some practice trying to get out of, but you let the cat out of the bag so to speak ;)

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
I haven't tried it out, but I'm pretty damn sure this is right side corner only, right?

You can only get the thing where you hit backwards in the right corner.