What's new

Top priority fixes for UMK11

...they did already make early jump kicks negative on block. Jump kicks are still very good, but if you are unable to anti-air, you can just block and take your turn. If you're on point, you get an anti-air or flawless block punish.
Yeah that was a great change. Jump kicks used to be like +9 even if shallowed. But yeah I still think they’re a little too strong up close because people do just block like 90% of the time rather than go for an AA, and that lets you empty jump or j2 into plus frames or a block string without really having to earn that situation. Just hold up > opponent will very likely be scared to do anything but block > follow up with whatever strikes your fancy.

Yeah it’s not totally broken or anything, just a bit too strong imo.

And it’s not that I want the opposite situation where anti-airs are cake and you can never jump over the opponent, but I want it balanced slightly so that isn’t as free.

Last edited:

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I think you were saying Dragon could have uppercutted Rewind to stop his point blank jumping, which is where I think a d2 is iffy (well, for most characters), and you can get full combo punished if you’re interrupted or if you miss. IMO jumping shouldn’t be quite as strong as it is at this range.

Again, maybe the ninjakilla tech solves it - I’ll have to give that a shot.
He could totally Jab AA, Uppercut, jump back AA and even neutral jump his jump in or even dash forward and avoid it.

Ppl these day find it's better to cry to certain options rather than lab, auto-face in MK11 it's not like the past games, which is a good thing, so there are multiple ways to get out of similar situations.

Wigy

There it is...
Antiairs are jank. Shouldnt have to do some sundance of crouching into flawless block.

Unless your d2 covers a lot of horizontal range and is quick they’re very unreliable. S1/2 antairs also not great. Its the michael jordan jump arc in this game. Frost its fine but christ my other characters its painful.

Lots of people say antiairs are fine go lab yet i watch so many tournaments of everyone holding jump ins so no. This is a bill. They’ve been saying this for ages and even back when reo posted the stats that like 80-90% of jump ins were failed to be antiaired or they just didnt try. This is pros playing characters with the best antairs.

Cba arguing with anyone so just call it my opinion.

Also buff trash useless moves and fix fucking hitboxes.

Last edited:

The Ultimate

aka CommandThrower
I think there's one thing that could be changed that wouldn't require a lot of balance work, and that is changing some ability specials from 2 slot moves to 1 slot moves, and vice versa.

I say this as a Baraka player who wants Blood Lunge to become a 1 slot move.

The last 5 people I played in demigod seem to think jumping is the best tool in the game, Lmao. One jax player was 57/9 and jumped like a fucking looney toon and I just had to hold that. Yeah, there’s a problem when jumping is better in your “neutral/footsies” game than in Killer Instinct (because at least there are dp’s in that game).

Hara-Killer

Reverse Salt
make all kustom moves 1 slot

make break way like breaker from MK 9

make meterless combos possible (r few that can why not all ? PS: NOoo KB or FB on it )

put Reptile , Havik and Reiko in next KP 3

or make MK 12 removing those hot crap and for 2021 already :laughing:

Basically make moves that clearly weren't made with strong competitive play in mind the opposite. Reduce fatal blow pushback to absolute zero because ain't nobody flawless blocking them. Wifi filters or option to deny all connecting like Tekken. Stop nerfing scorpion

Jbog

Noob
Breakaway needs to have push back like the old breaker system then it would be fine. Getting blown up for someone breaking away is a retarded mechanic

Jbog

Noob
Need to adjust some dial o string input windows 244 johnny cage combo for example inconsistent combos like that are a poor design and make command grab input a db or df the the dbf is just annoyjng