What's new

Top 8 is Set for Injustice: Gods Among Us at UFGTX!

E

Eldriken

every thread got to turn into region talks and MMH talks???????......... come on guys, that crap getting very repetitive and boring now. Let's talk about how to counter MMH, or hype for an upcoming tournament, and etc.
An MMH counter you say?

Pick Doomsday!

LOL at how people still keep saying how "balanced" this game is and how everyone can compete. As time goes on the same characters are getting more and more dominant and the other characters that were doing good right after the patch arent doing that good. And before you bring up Catwoman maybe you should start to think that Catwoman isnt as bad as 16 Bit says...

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
LOL at how people still keep saying how "balanced" this game is and how everyone can compete. As time goes on the same characters are getting more and more dominant and the other characters that were doing good right after the patch arent doing that good. And before you bring up Catwoman maybe you should start to think that Catwoman isnt as bad as 16 Bit says...
So your saying Catwoman is top tier? And Doomsday?

coolwhip

Noob
I think my biggest TYM pet-peeve is people trying to come up with big picture narrative off of one tournament, especially since each tournament gives you a different narrative.

Regardless of whether Injustice is actually balanced or not, how does this particular top 8 prove anything, one way or the other? You have 8 different characters in top 8, two of which being Catwoman and Doomsday. You say "maybe Catwoman isn't as bad as 16 bit says" (let's ignore the fact that his word probably holds more weight than yours since he mains her). Okay, let's say she is. How good is she exactly? Top 10? You can't actually believe that. And yet, she still made top 8.

trufenix

bye felicia
No one has ever said anyone can compete, but if you don't think a game where over 50% of the cast can compete is well balanced, I don't know what you're asking for.

I think my biggest TYM pet-peeve is people trying to come up with big picture narrative off of one tournament, especially since each tournament gives you a different narrative.

Regardless of whether Injustice is actually balanced or not, how does this particular top 8 prove anything, one way or the other? You have 8 different characters in top 8, two of which being Catwoman and Doomsday. You say "maybe Catwoman isn't as bad as 16 bit says" (let's ignore the fact that his word probably holds more weight than yours since he mains her). Okay, let's say she is. How good is she exactly? Top 10? You can't actually believe that. And yet, she still made top 8.
Nope. Not just one tournament lol. The past couple of months a small group of characters MMH, Aqua and Batgirl have been extremely dominant. Other Characters like Harley Quinn havent been placing either because she cant compete against the top tiers. Im not even going to argue with yu about the catwoman comment because everyone knows youre the biggest kiss ass to 16 Bit on the forums and according to you hes always right...

Because you're saying this game is imbalanced, and implying that this top 8 proves it. If a non top tier character made it, how does it prove it?
Again i never said anything at all about THIS tournament lol. Im talking about how over the past month or two the same charcters are winning more and more while other chracters that used to make top 8s like Harley have fallen off. Of course a mid tier character will make top 8 every now and then if given the right bracket lol. And please Catwoman is the only mid-tier character in this top 8. Doomsday is top tier

coolwhip

Noob
Nope. Not just one tournament lol. The past couple of months a small group of characters MMH, Aqua and Batgirl have been extremely dominant. Other Characters like Harley Quinn havent been placing either because she cant compete against the top tiers. Im not even going to argue with yu about the catwoman comment because everyone knows youre the biggest kiss ass to 16 Bit on the forums and according to you hes always right...
Uh... I said let's agree, for argument's sake, that she's not shit tier, it still wouldn't back your argument one bit since she's not top tier (by your own admission), and yet she still made it to top 8. How does that have anything to do with kissing 16 Bit's ass?

My only other argument about that was that if a top player mains a character and grinds its match-ups day and night, he probably knows more about said character than most. It just so happened that 16 Bit was the top player in question here, but it generally applies to anyone else.

coolwhip

Noob
Again i never said anything at all about THIS tournament lol. Im talking about how over the past month or two the same charcters are winning more and more while other chracters that used to make top 8s like Harley have fallen off. Of course a mid tier character will make top 8 every now and then if given the right bracket lol. And please Catwoman is the only mid-tier character in this top 8. Doomsday is top tier
Is Doomsday top 10 according to you? If you say yes, that's highly debatable. If you say no, then you're conceding that you can both be outside the top 10 AND top tier, which should tell you a lot about this game's balance. Nobody's saying some characters aren't better than others, and nobody's saying some characters aren't shitty. We're just saying there are A LOT of top characters, which is all you should realistically ask for. Jeez.

Is Doomsday top 10 according to you? If you say yes, that's highly debatable. If you say no, then you're conceding that you can both be outside the top 10 AND top tier, which should tell you a lot about this game's balance. Nobody's saying some characters aren't better than others, and nobody's saying some characters aren't shitty. We're just saying there are A LOT of top characters, which is all you should realistically ask for. Jeez.
I have no doubt in my mind that Doomsday is top 10. I probably think he is around 6th or 7th. If you disagree thats fine your entitled to your own opinion and ill leave it at that.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Welcome to the "Imminent new NRS game" transition process.