What's new

Top 5 Under-rated/Slept-on Variations

Jaiyson

100% Jamaican
Mortal Kombat X has introduced something new to fans. - THE VARIATION SYSTEM - . There has been a wide variety of characters played at a competitive level BUT it seems that majority of players plays the same variation for each character. SO I wanna discuss with all of you about the TOP 5 under rated variation that has great potential but not represented as they should on a competitive level :

My TOP 5s are:

Takeda (Ronin)

Mileena ( Ethereal) - Saltface has been putting this variation on the competitive stage as of late.

Raiden (Master of Storms)

Kung Jin (Ancestral)

Ermac ( Spectral)

I know that these variation might not be as damaging as the others but I feel that they are really slept-on. What are your top 5 picks?

If you know any high level players for these variation, please feel free to share a link of their game play. It's very refreshing seeing these variation played.

The only one I agree with is ethereal, the others are slept on because they suck or the other variations are better in every way.

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
I kinda think Hat Trick is slept on. The guys in the lao forums are putting in work for it and there's definately stuff.
Not to mention base Lao is already powerful so his variations tend to make him excell at a certain area.

Hruza Da Bruza

Must Mash Harder!!!!!
5 most IMO:
1: Jacqui Briggs (I think all 3 are good)
2: Ancestral Kung Jin
3: Cutthroat Kano
4: Vicious Ferra/Torr (Lackey as well)
5: Warlock Quan Chi (I feel it's over shadowed by the other 2 variations and needs more love)

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
Ethereal Mileena. If you face someone who really knows what they are doing in this variation it can become quite irritating.

Undergroundepict

I am like the blue rose
No paticular order:

Shaolin Kung Jin
Mournful Kitana
Kenjutsu Kenshi
Raidens non-Thunder God Variations
Pumped Up Jax

It's getting kind of hard to put lists like this together. A lot of the variations that people were sleeping on earlier like Flame Fist, Demolition, and A-List, among others, are out of the bag now.

There is a reason why Ronin Takeda, Spectral Ermac, and Ferra/Torr stay asleep. You can't sleep on a bad variation.

HanSolo

Noob
Lol spectral and ancestral are arguably 2 of the worst variations in the game. Both are cool, I especially like ancestral but I mean cmon.

TamedLizard

Buff George
Bone Shaper Shinnok.

:DOGE

Seriously though -

Ethereal Mileena
Hat Trick Lao
Mournful Kitana
Ninjutsu Scorpion
Unbreakable Sub

Honorable mentions to SD JC, Shaolin KJ, and Marksman Erron.