What's new

Question Top 5 relentless (scrub) killers variations

E

Eldriken

My go-to for angering scrubs:

Jason - all three variations

Kotal - Sun/War God

ppl falling into clones and stuff

we had an unexperienced player here who would literally shield himself with the ice clone and fire ice balls all day and was actually winning against players far more advanced than him, that used to be golden, lol.

Tanya Dragon Naginata is definitely up there, first off, she doesn't likes D1, d1 mashers are the first ones to die against DN, because she can pogo punish d1s on any frame trap, so it eliminates them out of the equation and they start to NJP more trying to guess when she is going to pogo jump, which opens for some pretty damaging combos on every panic commitment trying to anticipate her.

Scorpion there isn't much to talk about him, his neutral is so strong that, you won't be having ppl doing randomness on you, he also punishes anything so easy without having to worry with input storage, NJPs, d1, commitment, you name it, he can even TP cancel someone trying to approach with strings and then kill them from behind, i still think his TP cancel is the best backdash in the game, it switches sides at cost of 2 bars of stamina.

Liu B1 kills mashers, fireballs and a great uppercut, anything good to fight at distance, and whiff punish random strings who can't keep up with his walkspeed to get in reach, and when he lands B12~ex flame on, the game its on lol, just forget to block low for a bit and you will be in tears.

I used to destroy ppl with goro back then, punchwalk was so dumb lol, but not only that, his chest lung is one of my favorite moves, since it helps to switch sides specially when goro is cornered, and that is where the real fun starts.
I agree with everything except liu kang. He cant really get much off of anti airs so jump/crossover spammers dont have to really worry.
Better character would be kung lao

Any character that can exploit a pathological lack of patience is a scrub killer.

In this regard, GM Sub Zero is the fucking undisputed king.

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
1. GM- Ice clone. Scrubs have no how to combat ice clone at all. They jump into it all day, run into it, anything, it blows them up.

2. Assassin and Royal storm- While mournful also does well, scrubs hate kitana with a burning passion. She shuts down jumping completely, and against scrubs who love to jump she is their kryptonite.

3. DF Liu Kang- Prepatch every run jailing run cancel character except Jacqui destroyed disrespectful players, but now its only really Liu Kang. D'vorah is still good obviously but I think to a lesser degree. Anyway, because of his various plus strings which leave him anywhere from +5 to +10 iirc, he blows up scrubs easily. Cancel anything into f213 and you get a combo in the corner guaranteed, and his zoning is amazing as well which leads to constant jumping which means easy d2 anti air to send them back where they came from. His only things he struggles to blow up are uppercuts and crossups, but even then unless you're against GM sub or Jax its normally not too big a problem.

4. Sektor- Similarly to kitana and df, his ability to make the other player angry is pretty high, as he can just auto pilot rockets or just keep putting up missiles in front of the opponent, and scrubs always seem to jump on them or run into them.

5. Ninjitsu- Like other people said, his neutral is great. F2 rarely gets punished if incorrectly spaced, allowing usually a back dash, and he has some of the best anti airs in the game. His restand is great for blowing up disrespectful players, and the overhead in f2 is also something that hits scrubs a lot. If they begin to block it, f2xxtakedown fucks them up instead, and when in doubt you can always just throw. Scrubs hate throws.

Wigy

There it is...
Funny that half the easy autopilot characters like sektor gm and ninjistu seem to be good against scrubs.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Slasher. Bad players don't block low. Bad players don't understand how the spacing on B1 works. Bad players wat 30+% for doing dumb shit every time.

Vigilante24

Beware my power, Red Lantern's Light
Any variation of Johnny cage is a scrub killer. Scrubs dont know to never block low, keep mashing after d4 on hit, and ive even had some that were mashing after the nut punch restand. Its like it was an infinite! :DOGE

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
As citizen of scrubtown, the top two characters that have caused me issues have been Shinnok and Jung Jin with Jason and GM Subzero cheering them on.

Repeatedly sweeping the low, mid, and air with Hellsparks takes no talent to do, but requires some degree of comfort with the game to overcome. In terms of skill to implement vs skill to overcome, it is probably the least balanced move in the game. Once you do get around HS it's not like the character standing behind them sucks and you still have to deal with him. Pros may not feel like the move is that big of a deal, but when you are new to the game, or otherwise fit a more casual demographic, the move sucks.

Kung Jin's NJP is a nightmare to deal with. I fought one guy a couple months ago that had no idea how to play the game. I don't think I've fought anyone so determined to punish safe strings with strings that left him like -200 or something similarly ridiculous. After badly beating him for a couple of matches I figured I'd let him have one character switch. He may not have known how to play the game at all, but he did have very good reactions and I spent 15 min losing to reaction NJP after NJP and never figuring out what to do about it. Baiting one or two isn't enough and KJ can close zoning gaps super quick. It's still the #1 I have no good answer for and I feel pretty helpless against it.

Jason and SZ aren't as big a deal these days, but initially they were. Also anyone that has a lot of Overhead-Low or Low-Overhead options is inherently difficult to deal with if you aren't super sure what is going on. It's one thing to tell people they may need to block high or block low. It's quite another to expect casuals to start memorizing overhead-low string patterns for the whole cast just so they have the option to block on wake up. Hey buddy! Want to hold this overhead-low-overhead Cassie string of mine? Thanks.