What's new

Top 5 downplaying lines from your MK scene

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Great topic. GGA is the house of downplaying.

"The zoning does nothing!" - Soonk
"I can't do ANYTHING" - Soonk
"This damage is all I have..." - HAN after reseting you to death
"Frothy says Smoke isn't tournament viable" - Young Wafflez
"I wish I had good tools, all I have to work with is sticks and stones" - Dizzy

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Soonk is just a master of downplaying. Downplay pours out of his mouth while he plays.

"I wish I had a 6 frame move" - then proceeds to spam IAGB
"I can't get this bitch off me!" - anytime Kitana does anything
"There is nothing I can do to get out of the corner"
"you can't play footsies with your character"
"you're just jumping. All everyone does now is jump" - while playing a character that is spewing an AA projectile non stop

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Perfect Legend: "Kung Lao is not top 10".

But as far as downplaying goes, no scene has something on VSM.

We need an honest VSM player to step up and post some of the ridiculous things CD Jr., Katie Smith, and Maxter have said in the past.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Perfect Legend: "Kung Lao is not top 10".

But as far as downplaying goes, no scene has something on VSM.

We need an honest VSM player to step up and post some of the ridiculous things CD Jr., Katie Smith, and Maxter have said in the past.
"Cyrax needs buffs" - Maxter starting a 30 minute conversation with me about Cyrax's various weaknesses in September 2011.

McNasty

Moist.
"his high hitbox really hurts him in _____ match up"- me, this one is my broken record about smoke.

"I have no armor to make a comeback" -me(smoke) vs kevin7(jax)

"he has really inconsistant AA normals"- me at evo talking about reptile with wafflez and soonk only to have medina walk over and call bullshit on me lol goddamn did I feel scrubby.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Sonya isn't even that good Kitana beats her - Wonder_Chef
Chef is such a downplayer for Sonya it's ridiculous.. lol.

How do I even....what is....wait....why is this even.... - SatsuiYesHadou in response to an ultra turtle Kitana
Ultra Turtle my ass! lol..
Ultra Gimmicky is what you should have said..

WHY ARE YOU TECHING ALL MY COMMAND GRABS?! STOP MASHING - Krayzie in reference to getting his command grab teched twice.
in reference to you teching a command grab WHILE YOU WERE LOOKING AND TALKING TO ME! lol...

M2Dave

Zoning Master
"Cyrax needs buffs" - Maxter starting a 30 minute conversation with me about Cyrax's various weaknesses in September 2011.
CD Jr. also said Sheeva was better than Rain. LOL.

Riu48 also said Sonya was not top 10. LOL.

Man, VSM players are funny.

@ Fools laughing at Freddy vs. Cage being 5:5. Shut up noobs. You do not know the match up.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
This Freddy vs. Cage downplaying has got to stop. The MU Police will admonish the Freddy players in person at CoCo this weekend.

SquirtMcGirt

Purple balls covering the screen
Not really. If it was that simple all Cage MU would be 5-5. It's especially not true of this MU. Freddy is not free when Cage gets in. He has above average tools to get out.

if you have meter, and he has two tools, one of which (ex sweet dreams) is worthless anywhere but the corner and can be baited. Ex tele dies to throw, just takes good reads. All this cage down playing is what needs to stop xD

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
if you have meter, and he has two tools, one of which (ex sweet dreams) is worthless anywhere but the corner and can be baited. Ex tele dies to throw, just takes good reads. All this cage down playing is what needs to stop xD

d+1~teleport is one of the best meterless escape tools in the entire game. You guys just don't use it.

Ok so he has to stop his pressure if he reads EX tele to throw you. Wow. There is SOME risk you take. Come on now.