What's new

TOP 10 Most Challenging ARCADE Games

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Street Fighter 1. Pulling off Shoryuken in that game was like an Alpha-male version of EWGF.

On the flipside though sometimes the hitbox detection on it went full retard and could cause a OHKO lol

1) Marble Madness
2) Arkanoid
3) Ghosts 'n Goblins
4) Defender

I thought Defender was tough too. If you're bothered by the list, a few votes against it will change it.

We might also want to consider the time it took to get real good at the game you've selected....just to help your decision making.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You guys have Aero Fighters!? Kiss that cabinet man. I would give my left nut for one lol
Yeah we have Aero Fighters. My current high for that game is exactly 286,000 on 1 credit. I need to start playing it again, I want to get at least 500,000.

We also have Aero Fighters 2, but I want to accomplish my goals for Aero Fighters 1 before I try the 2nd one.

I always got my ass kicked in Popeye. You had to have a pretty good plan in that game. I thought. Then again I was probably pretty young last time I played. Game could be a joke.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Ghouls and Ghosts/Ghosts n' Goblins was one of the hardest arcade series I've ever played.

There was literally no mercy in that game. Absolutely brutal.

Justice

Noob
DDR? And, I got a good 5 min out of Dragon's Lair per credit. There was another game like it.........pretty rare.....similar audio.
Space Ace. Same studio.

Sooo many games...

Ghouls and Ghosts
That Star Wars game mentioned earlier (we had a cab that actually moved in my town :))
R-Type still brings the rage
Paperboy
Bubble Bobble (some of those puzzles were just whack)
Gunsmoke
Xenophobe
Cyberball
There was a Star Trek game that you sat in too that was brutal
I struggled with some of the Contra series too
Blades of Steel (those goalies were more psycic than Ermac :mad:)
That's all I can remember for now..

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
Never played R-Type. Always wanted to. I'll add it if people agree. sideways shooter right?
Its tough but not Ikaruga tough. If you have a 360 I think you can download the demo from the 'arcade' section. Its absolutely brutal and only gets harder. Stunning visuals for a shooter too.

1) Ghosts 'n Goblins
2)

Guess we're starting over. GnG was mentioned enough to make it #1 now. Plus, you had to go through the game twice I think. I leave the others out for now until I listen some more.

What do you guys think about Spy Hunter or Bump 'n Jump? Or Choplifter? I struggled with Time Pilot when I was a kid too. Crazy controls. I don't know, any game with a track ball was tough for me too. Also, how difficult were those skiing game simulators? Never played one.

Gh0sty

ばかみたいに無料
What do you guys think about Spy Hunter or Bump 'n Jump? Or Choplifter? I struggled with Time Pilot when I was a kid too. Crazy controls. I don't know, any game with a track ball was tough for me too. Also, how difficult were those skiing game simulators? Never played one.
Spy hunter was originally titled "Allowance Thief".

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363225204.699104.jpg

KILLA_xGHOST

1)GHOSTS 'n GOBLINS
2) ROBOTRON
3) Marble Madness
4) Arkanoid

Going back to what i thought was real tough. Say something.