What's new

Top 10 games to commemorate the outgoing console generation

ProudDisciple

Average at Best
So does anyone want to get back into Halo 3? It'd be nice to play it again until MK10 comes out. I'll play anything, team doubles, team slayer, big team battle, team objective, snipers, grifball, custom games, w/e.

Impractical Joker
Derptile
Enuma Elish
Cossner
CamChattic
skahwt
ProudDisciple
Hades
AK Smarrgasm
Grave_Intent
K7L33THA
Protagonist_1
axeman87
Phosferrax
Tokiwartoothxdk
Weird, my alerts just showed this to me. Anyway go ahead and add ProudDisciple on XBL I would be down for some customs!

Hades

Noob
So does anyone want to get back into Halo 3? It'd be nice to play it again until MK10 comes out. I'll play anything, team doubles, team slayer, big team battle, team objective, snipers, grifball, custom games, w/e.

Impractical Joker
Derptile
Enuma Elish
Cossner
CamChattic
skahwt
ProudDisciple
Hades
AK Smarrgasm
Grave_Intent
K7L33THA
Protagonist_1
axeman87
Phosferrax
Tokiwartoothxdk
Halo 3 customs, man honestly what an amazing idea i haven't played halo 3 in years but i'll always remember the countless customs i played on it! infection, swat, slayer, rockets oh and mongoose tracks! Holy shit man you got me real excited to put this game in the my xbox even just to play the campaign. Such good memories with friends and i'd love to go back and play some more halo 3.

If you really are serious add me on xbl Hades NZL. Either way i'm going to play halo 3 now and reminisce on some good old times.

ProudDisciple

Average at Best
Halo 3 customs, man honestly what an amazing idea i haven't played halo 3 in years but i'll always remember the countless customs i played on it! infection, swat, slayer, rockets oh and mongoose tracks! Holy shit man you got me real excited to put this game in the my xbox even just to play the campaign. Such good memories with friends and i'd love to go back and play some more halo 3.

If you really are serious add me on xbl Hades NZL. Either way i'm going to play halo 3 now and reminisce on some good old times.
Add ProudDisciple

ryublaze

Noob

I can't really play for like a month but if we can get enough people then I'm in for sure. I'm seriously thinking about bringing my Xbox up to the college dorm just to play this game. :)

I think I'll make a new thread once the new year starts and everyone can put down their GT and add each other.

Espio

Kokomo
Wow, I didn't know it was like 'top of the generation' level.. I may have to check it out.
That's just my opinion, the reason why I put it is because of how unique, relaxing and simplistic the game is. A long time ago, super enjoyable games didn't need to have outrageous depth to capture a generation's memories (Star Fox 64 for example, you could beat in one sitting).

It's a captivating game that anybody can play, relax with and enjoy in their downtime. Games serve different purposes in my opinion.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
That's just my opinion, the reason why I put it is because of how unique, relaxing and simplistic the game is. A long time ago, super enjoyable games didn't need to have outrageous depth to capture a generation's memories (Star Fox 64 for example, you could beat in one sitting).

It's a captivating game that anybody can play, relax with and enjoy in their downtime. Games serve different purposes in my opinion.
Yeah -- I had no idea it was that good, but now I'm curious to check it out.

Espio

Kokomo
Btw, this is the song I had in my head when I saw Flower in the list:

lol you're a clown. It's a fitting song, it's a less prominent game but just as worthy as the others.

It's like Okami was somewhat obscure for a bit of time despite its fantastic worth.

Yeah -- I had no idea it was that good, but now I'm curious to check it out.

Flower was also a 2012 game of the year. If you've ever had a stressful day, play that game.

It's on PSN for like six or seven dollars I think, pretty reasonable.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
1 - Red Dead Redemption (Best ending EVER)
2 - Arkham City (Incredible, even if you're not a Batman freak like me)
3 - Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (I've waited over a decade for this game)
4 - Mortal Kombat (Amazing game. Only wish the netcode was better)
5 - GTA V (Trevor Fucking Phillips)
6 - Tekken 6 (Unquestionably the game I played the most)
7 - Injustice (Say what you will, NRS did a kick ass job on this)
8 - GTA IV (Niko Fucking Bellic)
9 - Far Cry 3 (I never thought I would have liked this as much as I did)
10 - Arkham Asylum (Set the bar high for all comic book themed games that followed)

thatgoon24

Morphio24
Here are my favorites.. (for xbox)
1) Halo 3 - most competitive fps back in its prime
2) Red Dead Redemption - singleplayer, multiplayer, gameplay, graphics, everything was amazing.
3) Forza 4 - my favorite racing game
4) Battlefield 3 - everything call of duty isn't...lol
5) Minecraft - best arcade game
6) Gears of War 3 - quite possibly my all time favorite shooter, dedicated servers for multiplayer, best horde mode in any game ever, and killer co op campaign.
7) Limbo - i dont know how to describe this game actually.. has no dialogue, no text, no explanation, just the feel of this game is what makes it memorable
8) Geometry Wars 2
9) Castle Crashers
10) Injustice/MK9

ProudDisciple

Average at Best
I can't really play for like a month but if we can get enough people then I'm in for sure. I'm seriously thinking about bringing my Xbox up to the college dorm just to play this game. :)

I think I'll make a new thread once the new year starts and everyone can put down their GT and add each other.
Ill be looking forward to it. Halo 3 has been on many of these lists so I'm sure we could round up a decent group of people to play.

Chokeapotamus

Worst. Player. Ever.
4) Battlefield 3 - everything call of duty isn't...lol
Totally agree--granted, this is only from my personal experience but BF3 has a much more enjoyable multiplayer experience.
Had a session one day on BF3 where you could hear that the team consisted of adults and their kids--no cursing, solid teamwork, actual tactics being used. I was shocked (in a good way).
Later that day popped in CoD and within 90 seconds had 5 racial epithets thrown my way followed by a misogynistic onslaught consisting of various slang for female genitalia. The verbal attacks were interesting as I am a 39 year old white male...but I guess they weren't going for accuracy in their insults.
CoD online = Lord of the Flies

bipolar_shango

" Bros before Hoes"
1. Mass Effect trilogy- yes even 3 the ending was made acceptable with the extended cut plus DLC and it had one of the most addictive multiplayers a I've ever played.

2.Dead Rising series- not only did it have fun gameplay and a cool sandbox it had a surprisingly great story and some of the most memorable bosses of any game I've played.

3.Arkham Asylum- the game that finally did Batman justice I feel it's better than City just because it feels more detailed and isn't nearly as overwhelming as City was.

4.Marvel Ultimate Alliance- holy shit my addiction for an entire summer. Loved finding new dialogue unlocking characters and destroying the game with my maxed level Colossus.

5.Walking Dead- wow did this game come out of nowhere and give me all of the feels.

6.Silent Hill Shattered Memories- honestly this is mostly due to the ending the rest of the game was cool too but man what a great emotional end

7. Dead Space 1- 2 and 3 were forgettable though the coop was fun. The first game had a great story some shit your pants scary moments and did a good job for making you feel for the silent protagonist which the other two really didn't even if they gave him a voice.

8. Elder Scrolls Oblivion- this was the game that originally blew my mind and showed me What next gen was I spent a lot of time with this game and the Dlcs (lol horse armor) and I still never finished everything.

9. Dragon Age Origins- I love Bioware's style of game and this is one of their best.

10. all of the fighting games- I can't pick one I've played too many from Doa to SF to Marvel to Mk vs Dc to Injustice I've played so many great fighters this gen and I can't wait for more next gen.
Was shattered memories ever released on ps3 or was it just on PS Vita?

Final Fantasy 13 for the Combat system, MK9, Bioshock & Infinite, Red dead redemption... So many good games still on my pile of shame too :p

Fuck it.. Here's my list.
1)Skyrim/GTA 5/Dark Souls 2?/Metal Gear Series/Ninja Gaiden Series
2)Demons' Souls/ Dark Souls/Red Dead Redemption
3)FFXIII/Oblivion/New Vegas
Wish I tried Mass Effect
4)Resistance 2/Gears of War/Halo3
Wish I tried COD/Battlefield/Crysis/Fear/Killzone
5)Wolfenstein
6)Red Faction
7) Hitman/Assassins Creed Series
Wish I tried Arkham Asylum
8) Lost Planet/ LP2