What's new

Toms MU chart for NW

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
Her glow doesn't really help her. It gets her through arrows but not lightning and nw doesn't really need or use arrows that much anyway. Besides that I can reflect her projectiles and still out footsie her. The rest is eh boomeragng antics that may work sometimes but don't get you a win.
Oops. I misread the chart. I was thinking it said 6-4 in Jades favor. My mistake.

Big D

Relevant In An Irrelevant Time
Yea kabal is tough. But if jax can win the MU then NW can lose 6-4. It's winnable and in fact with reflect used right I think NW might be able to get in easier than jax can.
When I get to FR im gonna need some serious help against kabal. sometimes i get close against Kevo Da Man online but then sometimes its not even close...and I feel like REOs kabal is alot better than his...lol

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
When I get to FR im gonna need some serious help against kabal. sometimes i get close against Kevo Da Man online but then sometimes its not even close...and I feel like REOs kabal is alot better than his...lol
Is he all iaf? What's his style like? Any matches I can view?

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
MK Peanuts

In the end it comes down to b312. With good footsies, kang can sit back and dodge reflected fireballs all day, bait a shoulder and as soon as it comes out b312 hits.

I have only beaten ATL Redds Kang one time in a tourney...it's a really hard matchup. Also with NW not having any 6 frame pokes it can be tough to poke out of pressure.

Why do you thnk it's not 6-4? I'm curious cause redds kang is the only one I have fought.

MK Peanuts

In the end it comes down to b312. With good footsies, kang can sit back and dodge reflected fireballs all day, bait a shoulder and as soon as it comes out b312 hits.

I have only beaten ATL Redds Kang one time in a tourney...it's a really hard matchup. Also with NW not having any 6 frame pokes it can be tough to poke out of pressure.

Why do you thnk it's not 6-4? I'm curious cause redds kang is the only one I have fought.
I've always struggled with this matchup; I've been knocked out of 8 local tournaments by the same Nightwolf player. Since I can't play my zoning game at all due to reflect I have to go in, and getting in against shoulder is really difficult. It's possible to hang out just at the edge of shoulder range and try and bait a shoulder, as you said, but if Nightwolf has any kind of life lead he's not under any pressure to attempt a shoulder at that range. If Nightwolf just plays really lame and only uses shoulder on reaction, he's very hard to open up.

Big D

Is he all iaf? What's his style like? Any matches I can view?
Unfortunately these are just online matches, so I dont have anything recorded. If you look for Kevo Da Man's matches at Winterbrawl he plays exactly like that. Zoning when needed but very aggressive when in the life lead. He rarely uses the spinning blades against me because he knows I would Ex Reflect to get more life.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Online good luck. U need to be able to reflect while dashing in. As well as dash d1 to get under fireballs. Do this till he is in the corner and take off damage.

As for pressure use d1 axe, d3 axe or 1221 to interupt. Of your close enough shoulder under the first iaf when he jumps. But you have to react quickly. Online it's very hard though.

Big D

L0rdoftheFLY Yeah I am just going to need some practice at FR. I feel like I asked you this already but...what time will you be at the Westin? I think DQuebeats told me but I completely forgot. I want to get acquainted with yall before its gametime lol

McNasty

Moist.
Kitana 5-5? No way lol. What answer does he have for d1? Ill believe it when I see big d or fly in top anything at FR.

Big D

Kitana 5-5? No way lol. What answer does he have for d1? Ill believe it when I see big d or fly in top anything at FR.
Well, I feel like I can bring Nightwolf to Top 16 to say the least. This is my first major so I am not expecting anything big. Just gonna have fun with it...and try not to get knocked out early...

you have to follow a pattern. it goes...
high fireball
low fireball
air fireball

nightwolf can reflect all day but you'll never get hit by your own incoming fireball, while at the same time continuing your zoning.
I tried that in tournament after seeing ATL Redd do it on stream, but I'm not sure what it accomplishes. I guess it's a useful tactic if I think the Nightwolf player is going to fuck up a reflect before I fuck up dodging one of my own fireballs, but otherwise you're both just spinning your wheels.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I tried that in tournament after seeing ATL Redd do it on stream, but I'm not sure what it accomplishes. I guess it's a useful tactic if I think the Nightwolf player is going to fuck up a reflect before I fuck up dodging one of my own fireballs, but otherwise you're both just spinning your wheels.
Yea atl redd is smart with it. Because he will do that and as soon as I think I got him (while I'm dashing in), he baits a reflect with iaf and my reflect leaves me open. Huge combo ensues...me in corner, round over.

Also what's to stop you from walking in and d3 his shoulder? D3 is +3 on hit and b3 is 10 frames. Since nw doesn't have any 6 frame pokes and all his low pokes are 7 frames, b3 for kang is free if nw tries to react. Zoneing it is harder for kang to win but if he gets in NW has a hell of a time getting him off.

Yea atl redd is smart with it. Because he will do that and as soon as I think I got him (while I'm dashing in), he baits a reflect with iaf and my reflect leaves me open. Huge combo ensues...me in corner, round over.

Also what's to stop you from walking in and d3 his shoulder? D3 is +3 on hit and b3 is 10 frames. Since nw doesn't have any 6 frame pokes and all his low pokes are 7 frames, b3 for kang is free if nw tries to react. Zoneing it is harder for kang to win but if he gets in NW has a hell of a time getting him off.
I agree it's easy for Kang once he gets in, it's just the getting in that I've had trouble with. I try to advance by alternating between walking and ducking while occasionally throwing out a d4. What keeps happening is that I get shouldered just as I try to walk forward. I'm not sure if I'm being predictable with when I stand up or if they're just godlike reads or what, but it happens a lot.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Do dash d3. It's much better. Or when you think he might shoulder (when he is closer than 3/4 screen, Try doing low fireball cause he might not react fast enough and if he was gonna shoulder the fireball takes care of it. Watch the grand finals of me and atl redd where he picks kang. He does more than zone me.