What's new

Tomorrow's Kombat Kast Rescheduled for Tuesday February 5th due to extremely cold weather.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Kelvin scale or bust

Not sure why people have a problem with the health points system. 40% = 400, 35% = 350... etc. As simple as can be.
I don't think they have defense/attack stats like in Inj2 so combos should deal the same damage to all characters. It's fine.
Will also be great in case some characters have more/less than 1000 HP for balancing purposes.

Rice

SIRO FOR MK1
Yeah, I wish we did to. All we'd have to do is replace every road sign, reprint every math textbook, and get rid of every car with mph. Easy.
Thats not how change would work.

Just because you would use a new standard for the future it wouldnt negate for example Fahrenheit tomorrow.

It would be a process over time and not over night.

The Euro for example only exists for 20 years and believe it or not people had to adapt to it.

Actually yes its easier than you think.

Last edited:

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
Kelvin scale or bust

Not sure why people have a problem with the health points system. 40% = 400, 35% = 350... etc. As simple as can be.
I don't think they have defense/attack stats like in Inj2 so combos should deal the same damage to all characters. It's fine.
Will also be great in case some characters have more/less than 1000 HP for balancing purposes.
I don't think anyone's confused by the way it works, we get that your percentage is a tenth of the damage.

To me, it just makes it look more like an RPG than a fighting game. And if a character is tougher than mine, I'd just rather see my 300 or 30% combo inflict 270 or 27%. Just the way I'm wired, and the way MK has always been.

Also, the whole 1/10th thing goes entirely out the window if you're fighting someone who happens to have more (or less) than 1000hp. Say they have 1200 and I inflict 325 damage. Now I don't know what I've actually inflicted unless I wanna break out a calculator mid-match to find out I've taken 27% of their health. I just want to know what I'm actually doing when I'm doing it.

Last edited:

BurdaA

Frost-Byte
I don't think anyone's confused by the way it works, we get that your percentage is a tenth of the damage.

To me, it just makes it look more like an RPG than a fighting game. And if a character is tougher than mine, I'd just rather see my 300 or 30% combo inflict 270 or 27%. Just the way I'm wired, and the way MK has always been.

Also, the whole 1/10th thing goes entirely out the window if you're fighting someone who happens to have more (or less) than 1000hp. Say they have 1200 and I inflict 325 damage. Now I don't know what I've actually inflicted unless I wanna break out a calculator mid-match to find out I've taken 27% of their health. I just want to know what I'm actually doing when I'm doing it.
Never really thought about it, but now that I do, totally agree. It makes him seem somehow more badass to have the “same health, mine’s just stronger”. Than “I’ve got more”. Can’t justify it really... *shrug*

But still... Kelvin ftw

Hope everyone’s safe. Thoughts going out to those without homes.

Peter Quill

You’re No Fun
I get it, and I’m glad they’re being safe.

But that said why another week? If everything is ready couldn’t the stream just go up tomorrow? Or Friday even?

Why a week?

RothVI

d2 Spammer
Thats not how change would work.

Just because you would use a new standard for the future it wouldnt negate for example Fahrenheit tomorrow.

It would be a process over time and not over night.

The Euro for example only exists for 20 years and believe it or not people had to adapt to it.

Actually yes its easier than you think.
Yes, that is how changing a country's system of measurement would work. You would have to change road signs from mph to kph and you would have to do the same for speedometers. However, it would be a road hazard to drive a car with mph on the speedometer on a road with kph speed limit signs and vice versa. I mean, it would need to happen overn night for it to work, but it would be a long process that would be risky for the general public with little reward.

It would also require a lot of government money. That means that there would need to be public demand for it (there isn't), otherwise there would be public outcry over the government spending money on such an arbitrary change. This isn't an immediate concern and it won't be for a long time if ever. But if we convert by the time 2090 rolls around I guess you can come back here and tell me "I told you so!"

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
I get it, and I’m glad they’re being safe.

But that said why another week? If everything is ready couldn’t the stream just go up tomorrow? Or Friday even?

Why a week?
Probably because they plan on working on dlc and polishing the game. Maybe Tuesday is the next break they have in development to where they can sit down and do the stream.

Zhidoreptiloid

Watcher from the sky
Where I'm from in the UK we RARELY get temperatures below -5C. What is it like to be that cold? Can you feel it in your home? Is it impossible to stand out side even for a few seconds at that temperature?

Stay safe.
I wear mask on my face, or You can freeze your nose. Good thing, that at that frost there is no humidity in the air and air is super-dry, but it's hard to breath such cold dry air. In our homes we have radiators and warm isolation, which protect for freezing. In the night You can see frosty fog and visibility limit about 50 meters and from window looks like silent hill or like horror cinema.

KLK Lukas

Boon's personal eyebrow groomer
I wear mask on my face, or You can freeze your nose. Good thing, that at that frost there is no humidity in the air and air is super-dry, but it's hard to breath such cold dry air. In our homes we have radiators and warm isolation, which protect for freezing. In the night You can see frosty fog and visibility limit about 50 meters and from window looks like silent hill or like horror cinema.
That sounds crazy! Wishing everyone in the US a safe next few days