What's new

TommyTweedy is now a free agent

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
Majority of these "pros" are sleeping on floors at the local motel 8 skidshack shoulder to shoulder waking up to a hearty bowl of cup o' noodles. Putting them in the same context as Bryce Harper is bat dropping insane. Hopefully Tweedy parlays this into some self improvement. Put down the pad, pick up a trade, and carry on with life. Dude raked in a "whopping" 14k last year off Injustice tourneys. Not worth the effort he puts into it, especially since it appears as if he doesnt have the camaraderie that goes along with showing up to the offline scene.

When these pros reach The Shady Acres retirement home in 2060, nobody is going to give af that they placed with Alien or Starfire. Social media is a poisonous elixir that deludes one into believing that there's more importance to all of this than there really is. Kid should hop off of that as well, nothing good can come from it.

Poor schmuck.

E

Eldriken

Gotta love it when someone brings another person's weight into the equation. What the fuck relevance does that have in any type of discussion like this? Why does it matter to you? You can't say you don't care, because you felt the need to say something about it to begin with.

It serves literally no purpose other than to show people that you're among those petty enough to give a damn about something that has -zero- affect on you at all. If someone's weight bothers you to the point that you feel the need to say something derogatory, then the problem lies with you, not them.

There are often many factors that play into a person's weight that others aren't aware of. It's not always something that person can control.

Sorry for the rant, but that kind of nonsense pisses me off due to being unable to fathom why people give a shit about something that doesn't even involve them.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Gotta love it when someone brings another person's weight into the equation. What the fuck relevance does that have in any type of discussion like this? Why does it matter to you? You can't say you don't care, because you felt the need to say something about it to begin with.

It serves literally no purpose other than to show people that you're among those petty enough to give a damn about something that has -zero- affect on you at all. If someone's weight bothers you to the point that you feel the need to say something derogatory, then the problem lies with you, not them.

There are often many factors that play into a person's weight that others aren't aware of. It's not always something that person can control.

Sorry for the rant, but that kind of nonsense pisses me off due to being unable to fathom why people give a shit about something that doesn't even involve them.
Imo, it’s low hanging fruit. ITT I see A LOT of blatant jealousy. People love to put others down so they can feel better about themselves.

Honesty it’s not something that matters all that much, it’s a guy (Tweedy) who plays a VIDEO GAME and got screwed out of playing a VIDEO GAME

I love MK but it’s still just a silly ass video game and nothing to get hurt over
fuck this bullshit!
besides, its FIGHTING GAME

not against you personally though

aj1701

Noob
Woah, woah, woah... Let's not pretend as if the gaming industry didn't make more money than the movie industry last year. We're talking about billions and billions of real life Bison dollars here. Gaming is huge.
Yes, gaming is popular.

E-Sports is huge as well. E-Sports is filling out entire stadiums. E-Sports athletes have contracts, sponsors, get a lot of money and all that good shit.
Saying that they're just "gamers" is kinda oblivous, considering that there are levels to everything.
Video games aren't sports, and slapping e- in front doesn't change that. Metal bands sell out arenas too and have contracts. Plays have sponsors. So a gamer having all of those things doesn't change it to a sport.

Me playing soccer doesn't make me an athlete, just like me playing video games doesn't make me a professional player. I'm not as fast or agile as Ronaldo and I don't have the same hand-to-eye-coordination and reaction times as Shroud. Both variants require a certain set of skills, which not everyone has and even the people, who have them - need to train hard to keep them.
Actually if you regularly train and play soccer, you would be an athlete. Not a professional one, but still an athlete.

The only issue the fighting game community has, is that it's simply not as big as other communities... such as the FPS community, or the MOBA community. If it was bigger, there would be much more money for the professional players.

But yeah, it's kinda ignorant to dismiss professional gaming. Even to not consider professional gamers as athletes. Most athletes have a small window of time to get in, make money and get out again. And if they're smart, they try to build a brand in process to profit from it afterwards. Justin Wong did it right for example. And Justin Wong is a thicc boi. But so are sumo wrestlers. Or are we now not considering sumo wrestlers as athletes? Seriously, where is the line? Do you need to move your legs in order to be considered an athlete or what?
Nothing wrong with professional gamers, but they aren't athletes, which I think is what most people are rasing issue with. If you can make a career out of it, you're a professional.

I mean... FISHING is considered a sport.
Ya, its aired on sports channels; I disagree though and don't think fishing is a sport. Neither is bowling or NASCAR racing to me. If you can be in poor physical shape, or physical shape is only ancillary to how you perform, its not a sport. IMO of course :)

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Sonic started this stream before chris finished making his points and finishing his story. Most everyone from NRS were only there for a short time while he was focusing on the tweedy part and everyone thought he was bashing the NRS scene only because of tweedy. No one is bring up his MLG story or everything KDZ said because they all jumped ship to SF stream.

Aramonde

Noob
Tweedy take the advice of Kung Lao and learn form this

Does anyone know what the payout from this tournament will be?

Also when is it taking place? If it's close to launch I don't see why people are making a big deal about this tournament in the first place.

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
The thing is that there doesn’t need to be an athlete label. Just call them professional gamers. Professional gaming takes just as much time and dedication as pretty much any sport, it’s just way less physically demanding. But there’s nothing athletic about gaming, that isn’t said in a negative way though. You don’t need to be considered an athlete to be looked up to, respected, admired or whatever else.
The thing is many people playing games professionally want to be called athletes.
Its like they're afraid to be called 'gamers' or whatever the fuck you call them.
Definitely should not be called athletes imo.

Krankk

Smoke & Noob & Rain
Gotta love it when someone brings another person's weight into the equation. What the fuck relevance does that have in any type of discussion like this?
I agree with everything you have said, when weight is used to insult or oppress an individual in some way or another.

However... I wouldn't say that the weight of others doesn't involve me. Or us. I'll take Grr as an example. I like Grr. I've watched him compete and bring the hype. I've interacted with him during his streams. When I asked a question, he answered me in great depth. I appreciate that. And if I knew him personally, I would talk to him about his weight, because his weight might eventually put his life at risk in the long run. And I don't want that for Grr.
Tweedy has even bigger weight problems. His weight is putting his life at risk even more. And I don't want that for Tweedy either, no matter his antics.

So if you view it from that perspective, us not caring about their weight is an issue. And one person insulting them over their weight, might very well be a dick move (which it is), but there is also some harsh truth to it.
I personally do not only not not care (what?), but I also overthink stuff out of concern:
What if Tweedy is someone, who eats, when he doesn't feel good? There are such people. They feel depressed and a bowl of Ben & Jerrys ice cream fixes them for a little while. And now with Tweedy losing his sponsor and not getting the sponsorship money to travel around and do what he loves? With people he knows and people he doesn't know talking mad crap about what he leaked and said? Blaming him for insulting WonderChefs dead dad (which is taken out of context) and calling him a terrible human being? That has to weigh on you, no matter how thick of a skin you have.

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
Of all the dumb bullshit excuses people found to argue on this forum, you guys sure take the cake.
So if I called you an asshole for simply stating a fact, you'd just let it slide? I'm one of the nicer folks on here, I just don't appreciate unwarranted insults.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
So if I called you an asshole for simply stating a fact, you'd just let it slide? I'm one of the nicer folks on here, I just don't appreciate unwarranted insults.
Oh I don't know the story behind, I didn't even read it. I just found kinda weird insulting each other over profile pictures, that's all.

Last edited:

I wasnt one of the ones that talked about his weight but I have to correct you on a standpoint. Yea there are several different factors that could factor into ones weight such as genetics. But it's not impossible for a person to not lose weight. They can easily lose by changing their lifestyle so that isnt an excuse.

Wavy

Block Spammer
Let this be a lesson to anyone who is, or planning to compete with no livelihood outside of competing. People shouldn't be relying on sponsors or winnings to travel. It should be a bonus, not a lifestyle.

Last edited:

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
Oh i don't know the story behind, I didn't even read it. I just found kinda weird insulting each other over profile pictures, that's all.
He made an argument for Tweedy being a professional athlete. I said dude just look at his picture at the top of this thread, he's clearly not athletic at all. Then he up and called me asshole lol. I never insulted anyone.

E

Eldriken

I wasnt one of the ones that talked about his weight but I have to correct you on a standpoint. Yea there are several different factors that could factor into ones weight such as genetics. But it's not impossible for a person to not lose weight. They can easily lose by changing their lifestyle so that isnt an excuse.
I never said it was impossible. Sometimes what is required might just be too much for that individual to do. That is on them to a degree, however. But we simply do not know their situation, so who are we to say anything about what they should/should not do?

Either way, his or anyone else's weight for that matter should never be brought up because it's absolutely irrelevant in this case. People just have to find something to nitpick at.

trufenix

bye felicia
What? Yes it is, that's literally the definintion: "engaged in a specified activity as one's main paid occupation rather than as a pastime."
I'm honestly asking, can you not see that the words I posted and the ones you posted are different?

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
Thank you BUT (i saw you deleted that comment)

Don't do that tho....mean what you say and say what you mean. If you feel this community is toxic, guess what? There's toxicity EVERYWHERE in life! I'm a gay Black Man In America who dresses in women's clothes on grand stages performing for my community as a Drag Queen. BabY and i even get shit in my own community too! Thats life. You either choose to feed into it, or you find ways to make it better. Which road do you plan on taking ?Question mark?
Hooly shit really? Thats cool mayn!! Are u ru paul tier or what? My girlfriend worships dat feckin show haha

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
It obviously requires some skill but nothing has less physical exertion then playing a videogame. Well maybe watching someone playing a videogame. You can call it a game of skill or whatever but calling it a sport and the players athletes is ridiculous imo. But i see the point you are trying to make. I wouldnt call a lot of those activities you mentionend a sport but they are in the olympics.
Explain why i sweat so much playin good players then :DOGE