What's new

TommyTweedy is now a free agent

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Actually he was uninvited because they wanted to avoid drama.

It's part of why he's ranting right now. It was taken away from him.
Wow I'm surprised they would actually do that. I guess the crux here is that the summit player list was leaked before it was supposed to?

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
So that Chris G guy has leaked some shit and been removed from a list of testers... ?

From what I'm seeing, it seems like someone told Tweedy and Tweedy spilled the beans all over Twitter. So basically he screwed over the person who told him? Not sure.

I'm not saying he couldnt have gone about this in a slightly better way, but I'm on his side in regards to the reason hes been going off in the first place. I mean I'd be pretty pissed too if I were putting in all that work for a game and didnt get invited to a huge event like summit over some people who havent been putting in even a fraction of what's hes put in
This is the definition of entitlement, and a lot of times this isn't how life ends up working out in reality. All we can do is work hard and put our best foot forward, be humble and grateful for the opportunity and let the cards fall where they may. Even if you outwork everybody, your own expectations of what you "deserve" will destroy you one day, because you're never always going to get exactly what you think you should which means you'll eventually be disappointed in a big way.

Ram

Buluc Chabtan
This is the definition of entitlement, and a lot of times this isn't how life ends up working out in reality. All we can do is work hard and put our best foot forward, be humble and grateful for the opportunity and let the cards fall where they may. Even if you outwork everybody, your own expectations of what you "deserve" will destroy you one day, because you're never always going to get exactly what you think you should which means you'll eventually be disappointed in a big way.
Beautifully put

vapid

cyber warlord

From what I'm seeing, it seems like someone told Tweedy and Tweedy spilled the beans all over Twitter. So basically he screwed over the person who told him? Not sure.
What was he 'leaking'? Do we actually know yet? Did he manage to reveal anything new?

Ram

Buluc Chabtan
I think that there are few things to keep in mind:
  • the people behind Summit (which as far as I understand is an independent organization) are allowed to invite/not invite whomever they want - they don't owe anyone anything
  • everyone on the leaked invited list "worked hard" in some capacity at one time or another, not just Tweedy. Tweedy believes that only very recent grinding and results matter. That's a great opinion to have, but that doesn't mean that everyone feels this way or quantifies "hard work" this way
  • you can approach challenges in life from a positive or negative perspective. If you want people to vote for your inclusion into Summit, rather than focusing on why this other person shouldn't be included, focus your energy on why you should be included!
just my 2 cents

MrWarMachine

Jacqui/D'Vorah 2020
Actually he was uninvited because they wanted to avoid drama.

It's part of why he's ranting right now. It was taken away from him.
woooooooooooow I'd be furious too, what an awful message to send to the rest of the FGC.

The funny thing is there is no way Tweedy wasn't going to get voted in. He's easily one of the more popular players in the scene. If he had just chilled tf out he wouldn't be in this mess rn.

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
  • the people behind Summit (which as far as I understand is an independent organization) are allowed to invite/not invite whomever they want - they don't owe anyone anything
  • everyone on the leaked invited list "worked hard" in some capacity at one time or another, not just Tweedy. Tweedy believes that only very recent grinding and results matter. That's a great opinion to have, but that doesn't mean that everyone feels this way or quantifies "hard work" this way
  • you can approach challenges in life from a positive or negative perspective. If you want people to vote for your inclusion into Summit, rather than focusing on why this other person shouldn't be included, focus your energy on why you should be included!
just my 2 cents
yeah its the old, you learn more about who someone is by how they act when they don't get what they want, its easy to be a good person when you're happy with whats going on. .following your last point may have gotten him there in the future, now there's no chance really & they may even think twice about NRS games in general depending on who gave hi. that leak & such.

vapid

cyber warlord
just my 2 cents
What kind of New Age hippie bullshit is this? What are you, a vegan?

• Pick a side, make an enemy of the other side, and entrench yourself;
  • Refuse to see the other side's arguments, even if valid;
  • Immerse yourself in an echo chamber of like-minded sycophants;
  • If proven wrong, make personal attacks and repeatedly change the subject;
  • Attrition is your friend and the key to victory.
This is the only way to win in life. Surely your positive attitude and balanced mindset have no place here.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
I will ask this here because this is a genuine concern at least for me getting back involved in the scene. In Chris G's chat a mod is talking about how Tweedy catfished people with their pictures? Is there truth to that? That is way beyond talking shit about not being invited to an event.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
I'm not watching Chris G's stream, but from what I remember he has said some really fucked up shit in the past few years, so well it might be Tweedys fault for making them look into it, but Chris getting kicked is all on him.

Tweedy is still a giant garbage man baby though.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
I hate gossiping and whatnot so pardon me but reddit rumors are telling a tale of someone doxxing Chris G and finding some controversial shit he said to get him taken off the summit. I haven't the slightest clue if that's true or complete nonsense but if it's true shoutout to the spineless weasel who did the deed

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
I hate gossiping and whatnot so pardon me but reddit rumors are telling a tale of someone doxxing Chris G and finding some controversial shit he said to get him taken off the summit. I haven't the slightest clue if that's true or complete nonsense but if it's true shoutout to the spineless weasel who did the deed
You don't need to dox him to find controversial shit he has said in the past.
It's all on twitter and google.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
He made weird racist comments about black women, in public. It was a big controversy at the time. You don't really have to go digging and I'm surprised he hasn't had more blowback up to this point.

Last edited: