What's new

Tom Brady's MK9 Matchup Chart (2/17)

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Reptile has slight trouble dealing with the buffed projectile now. That's the main issue. He can still slide and make it hard for Jax to projectile or ground pound properly, but the lower recovery means Reptile has to be more on point with it. And EX overhead gives Jax a wakeup attack that beats out d4. Just small stuff that turns the matchup more in Jax's favor.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Reptile has slight trouble dealing with the buffed projectile now. That's the main issue. He can still slide and make it hard for Jax to projectile or ground pound properly, but the lower recovery means Reptile has to be more on point with it. And EX overhead gives Jax a wakeup attack that beats out d4. Just small stuff that turns the matchup more in Jax's favor.
Ok I can see that, thanks for the insight friend! I don't see enough jax players do that overhead lol, I haven't played many good jax's either though lol.

sent from Gotham City via the batcomputer

I desagree with somethings about kenshi, mainly Tom's opinions about him dealing with the top tiers. To me that chart is right only at full screen distance, once they get in, its pretty much over, mainly the ones with bugged hurtboxes. Id like to have more kenshi footage to watch, however. The few videos we see around revolves on people that have no idea on how to play kenshi yet.

I dont see how raiden/smoke beats Reptile 6-4. Maybe the smoke reset then I think I could see that. But raiden? maybe after getting beaten by sabin, he might change this to 5-5 lol

And I dont see JC-sonya is even either, I think its in sonya favor

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
Id like to remind us that this tier list is Tom Brady's opinion.
A pretty damn well educated opinion, but still an opinion.

Sub Zero, Skarlet, Shang, etc are that low? I dont think so.
However, Tom seems to think that they belong where they are.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
It's not even a 6-4 matchup. At worst it's 5.5-4.5.
More than the teleport ideally beating his zoning, you need to remember how good Raiden's superman is in that matchup.

There is a really far range where he can punish any blocked noob projectile with it.

Also it's an excellent move to whiff punish a whiffed upknee.

Everything becomes SO MUCH less safe because of that.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Very true, but honestly Noob's not gonna just upknee where he can get whiff punished. He's going to be setting it up for sure anyway. It does make Raiden have to be more careful where he places his pokes.

KH_Captain

Nightwolf wannabe
no offense, cause i don't play with nightwolf. But couldn't nightwolf just reflect kitana's fans (including air fans)?
ground fans yes but not iafs. If they go over your head then you sit there for like and hour with your chest stickin out. I hate iafs. frustrating

KH_Captain

Nightwolf wannabe
My point still stands that as good as Sub's corner game is, that will have no effect when you are unable to get them in the corner. Because of most characters tools in this game, most characters have a hard time getting others into the corner(Exceptions would be Kabal, Raiden, and Jax for example). My point is you are assuming that someone will get themselves cornered, however in order to do that you need to use the clones. The thing about his clone is the second someone sees you do it they can Armor out and possibly get a combo.
Nightwolf loves jabbing and shouldering people into corner

HD Smoke

Noob
Smoke is the shit but does anyone know if brady has him as top 3 because of the reset? There is no doubt in my mind he is top 8-10 but i dont know about top 3 since i dont include reset. To me it doesnt exist now in my gameplay lol

mekane

Noob
wonder if tom still thinks raiden - jax is in raidens favor after his matches with CD Jr.... they were horrifying.

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
Can someone give me like a short reason on why Liu-Kang is so low on this chart.Now I feel like Liu-Kang can compete with the best, he has good B+3,1,2 combos,dragon stance for mixups,and his zoning is well round and i know this is just tom brady's opinion , but i would like to know what y'all think about this.