What's new

Tom Brady's Match Up Chart for Johnny Cage

Wildabeast

The Bat in the Hat
I disagree with some aspects of the MU chart as well. However, Raiden could be a slight advantage the more I think about it (5.5-4.5 for him). If Raiden gets a life lead it can be an uphill battle for Cage. You can easily dash block your way to him, but I feel his teleport shenanigans can essentially make you chase him around the stage. Up close you have to apply pressure differently due to teleport, and this can definitely throw off your game.
Somewhat yes, Cage cant go up to Raiden pushing buttons like a mad man thats for sure. At the same time, Raiden has to be very careful about using the teleport. Just about everything Cage has can be used to punish a bad teleport and if Raiden tries to escape pressure with it he may just end up eating a b3 instead of a f3.

And likewise if Cage has the life lead Raiden is forced to go on the offense, something Raiden rarely wants to do especially against Cage. Both characters have all the tools necessary to beat the other, it really just comes down to who plays better footsies and makes the better reads.

Somewhat yes, Cage cant go up to Raiden pushing buttons like a mad man thats for sure. At the same time, Raiden has to be very careful about using the teleport. Just about everything Cage has can be used to punish a bad teleport and if Raiden tries to escape pressure with it he may just end up eating a b3 instead of a f3.

And likewise if Cage has the life lead Raiden is forced to go on the offense, something Raiden rarely wants to do especially against Cage. Both characters have all the tools necessary to beat the other, it really just comes down to who plays better footsies and makes the better reads.
I agree, if Cage has the life lead he can definitely just sit there. When Raiden teleports you usually have to respect what he does afterwards. I usually just mix in d3 or d1 more when I pressure with Raiden; if it's mistimed however he can do b3 into a combo or superman. A really lame Raiden is annoying to fight, but I'd still probably put it at 5-5.

SonicFox5000

The Best.
i think mileena vs jc is 5.5 if you know how to play her correctly. Maybe even 6-4 in mils favor if your outstanding with here. Idk thats just my opinion...

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
i think mileena vs jc is 5.5 if you know how to play her correctly. Maybe even 6-4 in mils favor if your outstanding with here. Idk thats just my opinion...
how do you handle cages pressure? not being able to tele, jump, do random rolls, and cage never jumps (or never should) imo i dont see this being in mileena's favor at all. you could be the best mileena and cage just limits what mileena does effectively. mileena takes so much risks and cage blows up every risk hard, that why most people have it 6-4 cage.

SonicFox5000

The Best.
how do you handle cages pressure? not being able to tele, jump, do random rolls, and cage never jumps (or never should) imo i dont see this being in mileena's favor at all. you could be the best mileena and cage just limits what mileena does effectively. mileena takes so much risks and cage blows up every risk hard, that why most people have it 6-4 cage.
When you fight cage you have to be patient and you have to anticipate some of his certain moves. For example, his F33, if you anticipate that he will do it again, roll

I do not agree on Jax most others seem right i guess not a Cage player but I find Cage good vs Jax like a counter pick should be 6/4

Zyphox

When you fight cage you have to be patient and you have to anticipate some of his certain moves. For example, his F33, if you anticipate that he will do it again, roll
good cage players will never let you anticipate any move, cage is at advantage when he hits you from a d3, d4, basically everything so when you get hit you stuck in his pressure. on block from 11f1 sweep and ex fb, that means if you have a cage do f33 twice in a row then you will probably blow him up hard the entire match, i was discussing this with another cage player today, when cage has meter, he is a mind fucker. just like sonya when she cartwheels, she -4 but your scare that she will ex cartwheel right after so you dont attack after wards. also cage can ex fb after f33b3 and will catch people off guard. how do you personally get out of cages pressure?

NKZero

Noob
good cage players will never let you anticipate any move, cage is at advantage when he hits you from a d3, d4, basically everything so when you get hit you stuck in his pressure. on block from 11f1 sweep and ex fb, that means if you have a cage do f33 twice in a row then you will probably blow him up hard the entire match, i was discussing this with another cage player today, when cage has meter, he is a mind fucker. just like sonya when she cartwheels, she -4 but your scare that she will ex cartwheel right after so you dont attack after wards. also cage can ex fb after f33b3 and will catch people off guard. how do you personally get out of cages pressure?
it's really a guess. Are you going to take a risk and jump out? If he commits to F33 then he will hit you but you've escaped the pressure. If he does one F3, he can hit-confirm into another F3 and into nut punch. If he only does one F3 to try and catch you jumping and you stand block you can poke out before another F3 comes. Also always duck block vs Cage and fuzzy guard his 21F2 and F4 overhead. By crouch blocking you avoid the 11 and 11F1 shenanigans so he doesn't get any frame advantage and you also duck EX force ball traps. Just try and read the patterns that Cage players use with 21F2 and F33B3 strings and find the right time to poke out. If you really struggle blow him up with armour (if you have it).

Zyphox

it's really a guess. Are you going to take a risk and jump out? If he commits to F33 then he will hit you but you've escaped the pressure. If he does one F3, he can hit-confirm into another F3 and into nut punch. If he only does one F3 to try and catch you jumping and you stand block you can poke out before another F3 comes. Also always duck block vs Cage and fuzzy guard his 21F2 and F4 overhead. By crouch blocking you avoid the 11 and 11F1 shenanigans so he doesn't get any frame advantage and you also duck EX force ball traps. Just try and read the patterns that Cage players use with 21F2 and F33B3 strings and find the right time to poke out. If you really struggle blow him up with armour (if you have it).
see there is a problem with poking out and staying crouched, f3 has really fast recovery, so trying to guess if f3 is all he's gonna do youre risking nutpunch or 14% and frame advantage for cage, 21 trying to guess if you will see the 21f2 you will get launched into nutpunch and start all over again, sweep is plus 3 on block, that means you will get hit out of anything you do after a proper sweep on block. the entire thing about cage is mind fucking you to death, of course you can't do all these things on the cpu because they have frame perfect timing and know when you stop atttacking. have you played a cage that saves all 3 of his bars just putting pressure on you just waiting for you to be stupid enough to attack an then you eat 53% because he mind fucked you so hard? cage with meter is like quan chi with meter, he can get away with naked f33 just because you respect the ex forceballs, you can't jump because if you get caught you eat AA combo and pressure. there is now way to defend against cage once he is in your face with meter :cool:

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
To be fair guys, us Cage players kind of just repeat ourselves over and over in these fourms

Everything ends with Nutpunch, you're fucked when you're close.

Maybe its the ego :cool:

NKZero

Noob
see there is a problem with poking out and staying crouched, f3 has really fast recovery, so trying to guess if f3 is all he's gonna do youre risking nutpunch or 14% and frame advantage for cage, 21 trying to guess if you will see the 21f2 you will get launched into nutpunch and start all over again, sweep is plus 3 on block, that means you will get hit out of anything you do after a proper sweep on block. the entire thing about cage is mind fucking you to death, of course you can't do all these things on the cpu because they have frame perfect timing and know when you stop atttacking. have you played a cage that saves all 3 of his bars just putting pressure on you just waiting for you to be stupid enough to attack an then you eat 53% because he mind fucked you so hard? cage with meter is like quan chi with meter, he can get away with naked f33 just because you respect the ex forceballs, you can't jump because if you get caught you eat AA combo and pressure. there is now way to defend against cage once he is in your face with meter :cool:
Yep as I said it's a guess. Luckily I play with Cage and not against him lol. If someone picks Cage I say fuck that and go to my main Sub Zero. The ice clone will teach him to be patient but still once he's in....he's in....your pussy :(

SonicFox5000

The Best.
Well since im an experienced cage player and usehim often, i get out of his pressure the moment i see him F33. Most cage players would either try to do that again or d3 but F33 has enough frames for me to roll right when it starts. I also usually wait for him to mess up on his pressure and i pay close attention to their patterns and counter them off of it.

Zyphox

Well since im an experienced cage player and usehim often, i get out of his pressure the moment i see him F33. Most cage players would either try to do that again or d3 but F33 has enough frames for me to roll right when it starts. I also usually wait for him to mess up on his pressure and i pay close attention to their patterns and counter them off of it.
are you ducking or standing? cuz if your standing then when he does f33 its a huge risk to poke out or jump with the b3 or ex forceballs, crouching then you just have to wait till he does f33b3, what i would do if you crouch blocking is sweep, then f3 cause if you block a sweep he is +3 and you will eat a f3 if you try to move afterwards. also 21f2 mix ups when you crouching as well. its all mindgames that why cage is so beast.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
also 21f2 mix ups when you crouching as well. its all mindgames that why cage is so beast.
I still think the 21f2 mixups kind of stink, but honestly nobody ever blocks 21b4. It's +1 on hit but -8 on block. 21F2 is only -3 on block. I think 21 is better used for EX FB setups honestly, simply because the majority of people I've played, never block that string low. 21f2/21 EX FB is a really good setup though, once people start respecting the EX FB anyways.

Everyone knows F33 EX FB at this point, gotta mix it up.