Vs Jade 6-4
Vs Stryker 5-5
Vs Sub-Zero 4-6
Vs Sheeva 6-4
Vs Baraka 6-4

Discuss.

NKZero

Noob
I don't know why Cage vs Kano is 6-4 for JC. I don't know the match-up but I'd love to hear why. I think Raiden is 5-5 just because of the luck of F3/B3. If you input F3 and Raiden happens to teleport you'll launch him with the accidental B3 into combo. Up close Raiden would be in trouble. But Raiden can keep away from Cage and frustrate him to no end. Maybe 5.5 in Raiden's favour. I also think Mileena isn't that bad because she takes too many risks to win and Cage will punish hard. Once he's in, she's in trouble. I don't know too much about the match-up though tbh...

I don't know why Cage vs Kano is 6-4 for JC. I don't know the match-up but I'd love to hear why. I think Raiden is 5-5 just because of the luck of F3/B3. If you input F3 and Raiden happens to teleport you'll launch him with the accidental B3 into combo. Up close Raiden would be in trouble. But Raiden can keep away from Cage and frustrate him to no end. Maybe 5.5 in Raiden's favour. I also think Mileena isn't that bad because she takes too many risks to win and Cage will punish hard. Once he's in, she's in trouble. I don't know too much about the match-up though tbh...
Kano knifes are not as good as theyre made out, and to get out of frame traps, Kano basically has to take risks and use upballs. Which are easily punished with f33 combos.

Z-911-Z

Bone and Metal
d1 to upball is my best option for escaping frame traps, even then it's gonna be hard to keep JC at a distance.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Not sure about vs CSZ in CSZ's favour, his pokes are garbage and it's hard to counter-pressure without the negative edge spitting out a bomb, leaving him crazy free..

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I'll throw this out there. I think smoke is more 4.5-5.5 ... I don't think he has THAT much of an advantage. I could be wrong... but I never feel like I lose because Smoke has better tools.

I would also like the explanation on the Mileena matchup. I think its more even... considering JC can keep her locked down. Again... I don't know for sure, I just want to see what you guys feel about these two.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Not sure about vs CSZ in CSZ's favour, his pokes are garbage and it's hard to counter-pressure without the negative edge spitting out a bomb, leaving him crazy free..
His parry is so fast that he can interrupt your pressure, that's why. It's a little iffy finding the proper frame data for it, but Somberness states that it has a 1f startup.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
His parry is so fast that he can interrupt your pressure, that's why. It's a little iffy finding the proper frame data for it, but Somberness states that it has a 1f startup.
If it's an EX parry then yeah, but it's soooo risky, normal parry pushes them too far back imo.

I'll throw this out there. I think smoke is more 4.5-5.5 ... I don't think he has THAT much of an advantage. I could be wrong... but I never feel like I lose because Smoke has better tools.

I would also like the explanation on the Mileena matchup. I think its more even... considering JC can keep her locked down. Again... I don't know for sure, I just want to see what you guys feel about these two.
I can see the Smoke MU being a slight advantage for Smoke due to the resets, and the ability of Smoke to run away. D1 SB is a possible threat up close, but I think that's pretty much it. Other than that, Smoke will seem to have trouble under pressure from Cage. Maybe having Smoke come to you will make this matchup more even, since he can't do much from far away.

As for Mileena, all you need to beat her is a life lead. She can sai all day, but you can just crouch. She either has to take a risk with her specials, which can be punished hard, or risk fighting Cage up close, where she loses.

Kano knifes are not as good as theyre made out, and to get out of frame traps, Kano basically has to take risks and use upballs. Which are easily punished with f33 combos.
Easily punish with f33 combos? lol get out of here man. You have obviously never played against kano before and you try to explain the MU like your a pro. Just for your info... upball is -8, and f3 is 10. How do you "easily" punish that?

Smoke vs Cage is more like 5

Cage vs CSB is more 6-4 him, what's tom talking about -_-. Parry and DK aren't that big of a deal.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
CSZ parry = 8%
Punishing CSZ's parry = 31% for Cage + chip & other setups

Divekick = 7%
Punishing CSZ's divekick = 31% again

I also find that against characters like Smoke/Kitana that cant hurt you from a distance, it doesnt matter how much meter they have because when you finally catch them you only want chip damage. That way it will force them to break on blockstrings or sit there and take the chip which gives you back the meter and possibly more lifelead, and in a lifelead match chip damage is important

Easily punish with f33 combos? lol get out of here man. You have obviously never played against kano before and you try to explain the MU like your a pro. Just for your info... upball is -8, and f3 is 10. How do you "easily" punish that?
Kano's up ball is not -8. It is -12 or -15 depending on the distance.

F3 is 9 frames.

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
I honestly think that Cage vs Reptile is 7-3. Reptile can zone cage out and reptile can just elbow dash threw cages pressure. Im my opinion the hardest matchup for cage.

Things I personally disagree with:

Raiden should go back to 5-5. With a life lead, I think this is probably in Raiden's favor as he can play lamer than Cage. However, if Cage has the life lead, then there's not much Raiden can do, and he'll have to fight Cage head on. This up close fight can go either way in my opinion.

Kabal should go back to 4-6. Obviously, Kabal's zoning can give Cage a lot of trouble. His EX dash is also a problem up close. I think it's possible for Cage to maneuver through Kabal's zoning (whereas I think it's much harder to maneuver through Kenshi's), and can even catch a iaGB with a d1 when close enough. I don't think this matchup goes towards 3-7 or 3.5-6.5.

Smoke should be a slight advantage 4.5-5.5 his favor. The threat of the reset from one SB is what turns the tide in my opinion. Otherwise, Cage can easily keep up pressure on Smoke, or just force Smoke to come to him.

Freddy feels more like 4.5-5.5 to me rather than 4-6. Freddy's NMS and zoning can give Cage trouble but Cage seems to lock down Freddy pretty well, especially in the corner.

Cyrax might be 5-5, but with the threat of the reset I could see it being slightly in Cyrax's favor. Cyrax can't play as lame as another character with a reset, Smoke, so I think Cage can get in eventually. Cyrax kind of forces you to approach him with his obstacle course anyways, and I think Cage can beat him up close.

CSZ should just be 5-5. Parry is a threat but it can just be poked.

Rain could be 6-4, but after playing some Rains and seeing the threat of EX RH this could probably be changed to 5-5.

Sindel is more of a 4.5-5.5 I think. She can win the full screen game with her zoning ability but I don't think she can keep up mid to close range.

Matchup chart IMO

Vs Raiden 5-5
Vs Kabal 3.5-6.5
Vs Smoke 5-5
Vs Kenshi 3-7
Vs Kung Lao 6-4
Vs Jax 5-5
Vs Freddy Krueger 4-6
Vs Kitana 4-6
Vs Mileena 6-4
Vs Sonya Blade 5-5
Vs Cyrax 5-5
Vs Reptile 4-6
Vs Scorpion 5-5
Vs Ermac 5-5
Vs Sektor 5-5
Vs Cyber Sub-Zero 5-5
Vs Rain 6-4
Vs Noob Saibot 5-5
Vs Nightwolf 6-4
Vs Liu Kang 5-5
Vs Shang Tsung 5-5
Vs Sindel 5-5
Vs Kano 6-4
Vs Skarlet 5-5
Vs Quan Chi 6-4
Vs Jade 5-5
Vs Stryker 6-4
Vs Sub-Zero 4-6
Vs Sheeva 6-4
Vs Baraka 6-4

Wildabeast

The Bat in the Hat
Im very iffy on some of these, like the Raiden matchup for example. I just don't see how it can be anything less than even, Raiden has to be even more careful than usual about using the teleport vs Cage and Cage can play the footsie game just as well as Raiden can.

The same goes for Freddy, if Sub Zero vs Freddy is an even match (and it is) than I find it hard to believe its any different for Cage. It works the same way, Freddy can keep Cage out just fine but if Cage gets in its game over.

Im very iffy on some of these, like the Raiden matchup for example. I just don't see how it can be anything less than even, Raiden has to be even more careful than usual about using the teleport vs Cage and Cage can play the footsie game just as well as Raiden can.

The same goes for Freddy, if Sub Zero vs Freddy is an even match (and it is) than I find it hard to believe its any different for Cage. It works the same way, Freddy can keep Cage out just fine but if Cage gets in its game over.
I disagree with some aspects of the MU chart as well. However, Raiden could be a slight advantage the more I think about it (5.5-4.5 for him). If Raiden gets a life lead it can be an uphill battle for Cage. You can easily dash block your way to him, but I feel his teleport shenanigans can essentially make you chase him around the stage. Up close you have to apply pressure differently due to teleport, and this can definitely throw off your game.

As for Freddy, I believe it is a slight advantage for him as well, but probably not 4-6. I think the reason Sub-Freddy is even is because of the threat of ice clone to stop Freddy's NMS mixups once Sub gets in. Sub can also have a favorable trade with Freddy and get in that way as well. Sub can also keep Freddy locked down in the corner as well. I would only throw out Cage's projectile from afar to close out a round honestly (god that fb is terrible). Cage can't really do much against NMS, and a Freddy who knows how to use it well can definitely cause some trouble. Once Cage gets past the zoning and NMS mixups, you can definitely keep the pressure on. If you get Freddy to the corner, it's most likely game over for him.