What's new

Tom Brady, where's your passion?

PwnStar

Noob
Lol sub zero does need a damage boost, or they should have let him keep his reset. Cyrax kept his. Don't act like sub zero is fine, he got nerfed into the ground.
I was doin 40-45% BnBs at that time... my issue back then was how do you beat keep out zoners. He had no tools, ice too slow to tie and get in and slide wasn't able to go thru back then. Still I was playin subzero and just shaking my head to what i was hearing and nothing about neutral game issues. I dont know what SZ is like now, but back then dmg was not an issue Tom just did unoptimized combos *mic drop*

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
I was doin 40-45% BnBs at that time... my issue back then was how do you beat keep out zoners. He had no tools, ice too slow to tie and get in and slide wasn't able to go thru back then. Still I was playin subzero and just shaking my head to what i was hearing and nothing about neutral game issues. I dont know what SZ is like now, but back then dmg was not an issue Tom just did unoptimized combos *mic drop*
What are these 45 percent bnbs?!!!!! Everyone knew subs neutral game issues, but if they upped his damage then when he actually got in and cornered his opponent he would have some serious threats. If you made sub zero have good tools against zoning, he would be op

Lol sub zero does need a damage boost, or they should have let him keep his reset. Cyrax kept his. Don't act like sub zero is fine, he got nerfed into the ground.
So did Kano and Jade, what's your point? Tom just tried to argue a point that no one at the time cared to listen to (except maybe his blind followers).

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
So did Kano and Jade, what's your point? Tom just tried to argue a point that no one at the time cared to listen to (except maybe his blind followers).
Yeah except yet one guy still consistently did well with his shitty character. Whatever I don't want to get into this

PwnStar

Noob
What are these 45 percent bnbs?!!!!! Everyone knew subs neutral game issues, but if they upped his damage then when he actually got in and cornered his opponent he would have some serious threats. If you made sub zero have good tools against zoning, he would be op
If memory recalls (once again this was a few months in) 22, df+3, j.1, dash, 1, (dash, 1 again?), 212, 214~bf4 (slide?) then you could do the puddle reset earlier in. Then you had the dirty corner resets. SZ did tons of damage. I couldn't get in on Shang Tsung because i had no movement options, projectile invincibility, couldn't combo break his projectile combos if you got hit, he built too much meter to keep bursting by the time you got in and hit him and had to do it all over again.

When we had the reset, if you didn't burst, I had a 102% guaranteed combo. Now you could burst, but everytime you didnt have meter you were taking all that.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
If memory recalls (once again this was a few months in) 22, df+3, j.1, dash, 1, (dash, 1 again?), 212, 214~bf4 (slide?) then you could do the puddle reset earlier in. Then you had the dirty corner resets. SZ did tons of damage. I couldn't get in on Shang Tsung because i had no movement options, projectile invincibility, couldn't combo break his projectile combos if you got hit, he built too much meter to keep bursting by the time you got in and hit him and had to do it all over again.

When we had the reset, if you didn't burst, I had a 102% guaranteed combo. Now you could burst, but everytime you didnt have meter you were taking all that.
That combo makes absolutly no sense. considering 22 freeze leaves you standing.....

PwnStar

Noob
once again i dont know changes now. back then 22, df+3 (this was ice ball right?) did indeed work and would freeze them, you then nj.1 and bounce them for the combo. I cant recall all my stuff, but when i was active I remember always looking at tom brady's concerns over SZ and constantly disagreeing. In tournamants i observed him using unoptimal combos and attribute that to why he wanted more dmg since he was missing like 5-10%. In my experience SZ did high damage but had neutral game matchup issues verse better zoners that could attack and still dodge your ice ball. They gave us EX~slide finally...but retardedly after it hits you push them full screen away.

On a personal note i cant stand the guy. Ive watched him in person tear other players down learning, embarass NRS staff, and snub me on MM requests.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
once again i dont know changes now. back then 22, df+3 (this was ice ball right?) did indeed work and would freeze them, you then nj.1 and bounce them for the combo. I cant recall all my stuff, but when i was active I remember always looking at tom brady's concerns over SZ and constantly disagreeing. In tournamants i observed him using unoptimal combos and attribute that to why he wanted more dmg since he was missing like 5-10%. In my experience SZ did high damage but had neutral game matchup issues verse better zoners that could attack and still dodge your ice ball. They gave us EX~slide finally...but retardedly after it hits you push them full screen away.

On a personal note i cant stand the guy. Ive watched him in person tear other players down learning, embarass NRS staff, and snub me on MM requests.
Oh nj1, sorry, that would work until the 212, 214. Yes those did slightly more damge but after SZ damage nerf he had to keep his opponent standing which is what brady did most of the time w b121. Anyway, I don't know Brady personally and I have only met him in person once, so I won't comment on that. But if he was so bad with Sz why didn't you go to tournaments and get it done?

PwnStar

Noob
I did early on, but MK has some serious issues that made me quit. The biggest issue is it was impossible to study match ups because you couldn't program the AI and there was no frame data in a game without a magic series. KL could sit on me doing pressure strings and without frame data or a practice mode i had no way to learn how to poke him out of it and make him respect me. I got sick and tired of it and I feel earlier on the success of players had more to do with having local match up practice while a lot of people were lost in character ignorance. I asked Tom twice for money matches and he blew me off. I felt at the time my SZ tech was superior to his, but without doubt he had more MU knowledge since i didnt have a diverse local scene and lets be honest...he gets months of practice and bodies people out the gate then fades off once people catch up...

I would be fine with this had i not witnessed him on several occasions making new players feel like absolute shit. When i watched him tear down a kid during an EVO asking NRS a question about a string and some light concern of character MU, Tom butted in with "this is the problem with casual players..." and proceeded to show something completely arbitrary about the character and stating how OP it was...completely ignoring the fact the question was about what to do with a neutral game concern, not damage/resets. NRS staff looked stupidly uncomfortable. He also acts like a dick when he bodies lesser players just trying to play and learn. Guys the epitome of being a fuck ass in the FGC and parading his status around. Tom's a decent player, but he's way over hyped and people forget he's only is relevant when a game is near release because he's been playing it for awhile.

Dark_Rob

Noob
Subzero was awful after the final patch. Not only did he lose his reset, the one dirty thing he had left,(and let's be real, compared to Cyraxs resets subs were nothing. They were escapable not only by breakers but armor moves as well. No matter how much meter Sub had he could still only do it once as they weren't loopable. And it was no where near as damaging as Cyraxs) but they also nerfed his normal combo damage(they increased damage scaling after ice blast) They nerfed dashing universally, but this didn't affect all characters equally. It benefited characters like Kabal and Kenshi while hurting characters that had to get in including Subzero. And finally NRS handed out armor in the game like candy on Halloween, severely reducing the ice clones effectiveness. And still Tom Brady was the only person who could put this total fish of a character in the top 8 relatively consistantly. I think alot of people don't realize just how much Subzero changed between day 1 and final patch. Totally different character. I realize there are worse characters in the game than Subzero. I feel they're pain to. Im not boo hooing here. I've long since stopped playing MK9. But let's call a spade a spade, or in this case a fish a fish.

haketh

Noob
Can Ermac get 2,2 into Lift back please? This character cannot mixup and 22 is a high so if you left yourself open to punishment in that range against him you deserved to take all that damage. The B+2,1,F+2 corner loop being back would be nice also though I think that would be a bit too much.

Not sure what I would do to Baraka, I
ve always thought he's stronger than most people give him credit for, that huge hurtbox hurt him bad though.

I did early on, but MK has some serious issues that made me quit. The biggest issue is it was impossible to study match ups because you couldn't program the AI and there was no frame data in a game without a magic series. KL could sit on me doing pressure strings and without frame data or a practice mode i had no way to learn how to poke him out of it and make him respect me. I got sick and tired of it and I feel earlier on the success of players had more to do with having local match up practice while a lot of people were lost in character ignorance. I asked Tom twice for money matches and he blew me off. I felt at the time my SZ tech was superior to his, but without doubt he had more MU knowledge since i didnt have a diverse local scene and lets be honest...he gets months of practice and bodies people out the gate then fades off once people catch up...

I would be fine with this had i not witnessed him on several occasions making new players feel like absolute shit. When i watched him tear down a kid during an EVO asking NRS a question about a string and some light concern of character MU, Tom butted in with "this is the problem with casual players..." and proceeded to show something completely arbitrary about the character and stating how OP it was...completely ignoring the fact the question was about what to do with a neutral game concern, not damage/resets. NRS staff looked stupidly uncomfortable. He also acts like a dick when he bodies lesser players just trying to play and learn. Guys the epitome of being a fuck ass in the FGC and parading his status around. Tom's a decent player, but he's way over hyped and people forget he's only is relevant when a game is near release because he's been playing it for awhile.
My fucking hero and the fucking reason why I hate him myself. A total pompous asshole who thinks because he played the game a few months EARLIER than others, he's dedicated to some damn shrine or something. And he's a pathetic piece of shit in real life... bad combination within the FGC.