What's new

Question Today marks the 2 year anniversary of MK9

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
I remember when Kung Lao and Smoke were overpowered...and people bitched about Raiden's Teleport...

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
When I joined TYM Cyrax was 'mid-tier at best'. People were arguing him down the tier list on streams.

The_SNKE

BLT | RM
I know there's a slew of players out there on the verge of breaking out in MK9, which is going to be our next step as a scene...and honestly it's only going to get more hype from this point on. This + Injustice already being pretty damn hype, I only see awesome things for us

Long live MK9!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Happy burfday, WoundCowboy!
-----------------
I remember things....lots of newbie things and fun. It was great. Went to the midnight release at the local Gamestop with my Dad.

If it wasnt for this game i wouldnt have met my wonderful friends n crew over at KH, sure as hell wouldnt have traveled to the places i have gone, i didnt even have plans on playing this game competitively because in all honesty i was a casual gamer before hand, so i was like " Oh MK is going back to 2d with a hint of 3D? Im all in to beat up on my friends and relatives like back when i was younger in earlier mk classics, slowly but surely the more i played online the better i got at the game, next thing u know im competing in major tournaments lol...

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
From the very night I got MK9, it set the stage for experiences that forever changed my life and altered some of my perceptions.

I'm branching out to other fighters now, including Injustice once I purchase it, but MK9 will forever remain the central factor to my life. Better yet, I'm here at TYM to share in that joy and support with all of you. That's an honor in itself.

Anything that would bring ruin to our community, I oppose very aggressively, and you can be sure that that aggression will never falter.

LONG LIVE MK9.

Espio

Kokomo
MK9 gave me my first competitive fighter.

It was the first time I ever traveled to compete offline for any game in my life, meeting so many wonderful people from Ohio and Illinois who are still good friends really makes me happy and of course there's so many other good friends I interact with on the forums and elsewhere that I'd love to meet one day.

2 years of an awesome ride and experience, kind of taking some time away from MK to learn Injustice, but will definitley return to it in due time.

2 years ago I decided I was finally going to learn real combos in a fighting game. My very first combo was a jump in punch to uppercut for 14%! I was hooked... and then I chose Sheeva because I thought telestomp was cool :(

Limelights

"The smart stuff"
MK9 introduced me to the genre with NRS's focus on providing depth and flavor to the characters. If it wasn't for me being so interested in the universe and specifically Quan Chi I would not have stuck through all the beatings I received when I picked it up. It gets a bad rep for having the Mortal Kombat name with so many games before it being lackluster, and is underrated for sure. Looking forward to MK10!

Rabbit

thugs bunny
I'll remember the day MK9 launched because of the Midnight tournament Gamestop did for a free copy of the game.
First time I've made someone salty enough to throw a controller in a public setting.
I didn't know any of the moves (The "Off the clock" Gamestop employee that ended up winning told people they could only look up moves for fatalities) so I just jump kicked, sweeped and x-rayed to 2nd place. Fun times.

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
If anything, we should make an effort to recruit and encourage these Injustice newcomers in to playing both games at tourneys. Perhaps not at the moment, while everyone is adjusting to the mechanics, but a few months in after a good amount of hobnobbing.

This game isn't dead till MK10, and even then I may still play it. ;)

bipolar_shango

" Bros before Hoes"
I remember launch day like it was yesterday, coming back from the graveyard shift and going straight to 'Game' , waiting 2 hours for them to open and picking up my collectors edition before going home to pass out Lol. I hope Umk9 is the next NRS game.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Probably my favorite game of all time despite its bugs, and the game that pulled me into the FGC.

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
Haven't had a game hook me like MK9 since Ninja Gaiden back in 2004, easily my favourite fighting game of all time and the main reason I got back into them. Can't wait for Evo in July, the first of many for me hopefully.