What's new

Question Today marks the 2 year anniversary of MK9

just played some mk9 again, it looks like people on steroids compared to injustice everything happens so much faster in mk. its really sad mk is not going to be the main game anymore. I miss kung lao...

GGA Wafflez

the kid
There is no "missing" things from MK. Just because Injustshit is out, doesn't mean we have to abandon the game. Yeah, it's been said before, the community should try to let the two games co-exist blahblah. This (Injustice being out) will be a true test of our dedication for this game. Games like Marvel can survive for years because people love the hype it brings. New tech, up and coming players, and veterans all create an exciting environment that players love to be around for Marvel, and it can easily be done for MK. FR, NEC, SoCal Regionals, and WB have all been great tournaments this year and have drawn in tons of viewers. No MLG? OK, I am not saying that is a good thing because MLG was awesome, but that gives us a chance to make it out to Community Majors. I will be concentrating on MK for evo this year, in hopes that it will be there next year too (cause we all know capcom is gonna flake on injustice). See you guys there. This game is tight butthole.

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos

this video made me decide to main CSZ...

....its kinda heartwarming and sad at the same time considering few people even care about CSZ and dem lyrics fit.

I'm glad I am a part of this community....

...I really am.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
Mk9 is definitely faster than Injsustice....due to the dash cancelling o3o. And what the hell u guys talking about. People still play mk9 ya know!!! >:V hell people still play....*shudder* mk vs dc.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
MK will always be a main game to me. No other game would ever mean as much to me as MK9. I have made so many new friends these past 2 years. Moved to a new city. Joined an awesome team. Got a dream job. These past 2 years have been the best. Unforgettable memories. Shout outs to all the friends I've made. Shout outs to all the enemies too, because it's been fun to feud with them. That's enough corny shit. MORTAL KOMBAT!!!

coolwhip

Noob
MK will always be a main game to me. No other game would ever mean as much to me as MK9. I have made so many new friends these past 2 years. Moved to a new city. Joined an awesome team. Got a dream job. These past 2 years have been the best. Unforgettable memories. Shout outs to all the friends I've made. Shout outs to all the enemies too, because it's been fun to feud with them. That's enough corny shit. MORTAL KOMBAT!!!
LBSH, MK changed the way we start our sentences.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
My favorite part about MK9, is that the game stood up and wrecked shop when everyone said it was supposed to be dead. Defying prevailing opinion and the logic of lifecycles, bugs, and stream monsters, an entire scene full of dedicated players rose to the occasion and continued to evolve, level up, and show up to tournaments. We put on the most exciting and highly competitive events in the FGC, bar none. To this day fresh characters are still making their way to top 8's across america, and things are still continuing to reach new levels.

So I think of the game as kind of the underdog's last laugh; they said we'd be dead; they said participation would dwindle; they said Kabal was unbeatable.. Yet..

It's 2013.. We're still at EVO.. And Skarlet and Smoke just won stacked tournaments. So to everyone who spat on MK9 and this community:

Hold dat.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
My favorite part about MK9, is that the game stood up and wrecked shop when everyone said it was supposed to be dead. Defying prevailing opinion and the logic of lifecycles, bugs, and stream monsters, an entire scene full of dedicated players rose to the occasion and continued to evolve, level up, and show up to tournaments. We put on the most exciting and highly competitive events in the FGC, bar none. To this day fresh characters are still making their way to top 8's across america, and things are still continuing to reach new levels.

So I think of the game as kind of the underdog's last laugh; they said we'd be dead; they said participation would dwindle; they said Kabal was unbeatable.. Yet..

It's 2013.. We're still at EVO.. And Skarlet and Smoke just won majors. So to everyone who spat on MK9 and this community:

Hold dat.
My favorite part about MK9 was when Brady gave you a shoutout for buying him a pizza.

Wait..

GGA HAN

Galloping Ghost Arcade
Remember when Cyrax wasn't even top 5-10? And when command grab led to a guaranteed mid bomb? I kid, I kid...the best 2 years of gaming I've had in a long time, if ever.