What's new

Strategy - Ferra/Torr Time to start talking tactics and tech

MK Led

Umbasa
Unfortunately it does less damage when you throw them behind you though. Still good either way for when they try to bait a wake up by blocking. Although now that I think about it wake up throw might be better in Lackey since it will do more damage and not waste a bar if you read them blocking on your wake up. No need to EX for armor as you can just do EX torrrrrruken and F2 to put them behind you for more damage if you need to armor through something. In Ruthless though its probably better to use the command grab if you need to armor through a grounded attack. The EX command grab also has 2 hits of armor which I just found out the other day
Yeah, and nice to have a move that you can wake up with in the corner has armour and can throw your opponent into the corner. Also its good for ruthless to put people back into the corner after a combo, the double f2 combos aren't so hot in that variation. Regardless, I just thought I'd mention it so anyone who doesn't know could see, it didn't seem like a thing that was common knowledge for everyone.

Edit: you edited your post while I was replying to it, but good point about the throw in lackey, I think if any variation has use for this it will be ruthless, less so vicious cos you only get it on wake up.

Last edited:

MadeFromMetal

Heart From Iron, Mind From Steel.
I found some tech the other day and brought it up in council but just in case anyone was unaware, you can tic-throw off of a blocked JiK with Lackey or Ruthless. It's especially helpful in the corner where even if the JiK connects, you will catch them in air for 20%. It's nice if you know you're against a character with less than stellar AAs and they just want to block your jump ins.

Kamikaze_Highlander

PSN: Windude008
Question, not sure if it's in here but I'm kinda too lazy too look XP

Is it possible to tick throw in vicious without Ferra? I'm trying a setup int the corner where they block all of b232+4, then D1 (or even standing 1) into a tick throw. It hasn't worked so far, I've tested my input with Ferra and it comes out, so I'm thinking it's not possible. Anyone have better results??

If Torr without Ferra reverts to Lackey Torr, it might be that you're timing the throw wrong. The timing on Lackey's tick throw is quicker.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Question, not sure if it's in here but I'm kinda too lazy too look XP

Is it possible to tick throw in vicious without Ferra? I'm trying a setup int the corner where they block all of b232+4, then D1 (or even standing 1) into a tick throw. It hasn't worked so far, I've tested my input with Ferra and it comes out, so I'm thinking it's not possible. Anyone have better results??
you can do it but it has to be while Ferra is climbing back on your back. You have to input the D1 before the game reads her as on Torr's back so it is the Lackey one but input the command grab late enough so that it reads her as on his back by the time the command grab input is read since Ferra has to be on his back in order to command grab. The frame where the transition between on and off Torr's back has to be somewhere in the window of the active D1 frames and the block stun from it. I've only tested this Ruthless and it does tick throw but I imigaine that Vicious would work too.

So short answer is yes he can tick throw with Ferra off his back but since you can't do the command grab unless she is on his back it has to be in the middle of her climbing back on so that you can D1 before and command grab after.

Last edited:

Kamikaze_Highlander

NIce, idk though, Ruthless cmd grab is considerably faster than Viscious. But thanks for the tip I'm going back to the lab to try it. Just be clear, the input is between D1 connecting and the end of the block stun?

Wetdoba

All too easy...
NIce, idk though, Ruthless cmd grab is considerably faster than Viscious. But thanks for the tip I'm going back to the lab to try it. Just be clear, the input is between D1 connecting and the end of the block stun?
Well its more about the timing off Ferra as she climbs back on his back. Just do the D1 late as possible so that she is fully on Torr's back during the active/block stun frames from the D1. Set the AI to block and do 4 2+4 then slight walk forward and as Ferra is climbing back on D1xxcommand grab

Kamikaze_Highlander

yea so I think I got it but it's not what I want. Waiting for Ferra is far too long, whereas usually I can get in D1 right after Two of a Kind (OH starter) and keep the pressure up, Ferra coming back is long enough for someone jumping out/reversal/throw. though sticking another D1 between seems to work.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Yeah I mean there's no way to do it earlier unfortuneately. Best you can do is do the normal throw or tik throw with command grab while transitioning back to Ferra on Torr's back. In the situation you mention after the overhead starter string there is time to d1 twice and the second d1 will be tick throwable with the command grab. So say they try to pressure after blocking the overhead, d1 interupts them and hits so they start to block, the next d1 is a tick throw