What's new

Time to own up, I need help understanding the void..

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
First off, I apologize if anyone feels this doesn't warrant it's own thread, so to any mods, feel free to merge it elsewhere.

I can't grasp this tech for the life of me. I'm a disciplined Scorpion player and like providing MU experience against him for others, I can function without it, but what strings guarantee the 50/50 setup off a 2nd spear? All that I'm aware of is Spear, NJP, JK, TP F4,3 Spear, which I already find hard to execute, I can only land it like, once in 20 attempts in a real match, lol. But anyway, also, is there a specific timing to it? I've had B2 whiff even when I thought I nailed it..

Either my timing is piss poor or there's something else I'm not picking up on..

Enenra

Go to hell.
As fast as you can. B2 and F4~spear work. Just try and get the move to come out as quick as humanly possible. Literally, when Scorpion lets go of the spear do your mix up.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
I thought it was to do with people blocking while theyre grounded, it shouldnt hit somebody who just lays on the floor without holding block.

Unless I'm wrong

NVM just did it, what Enera said^^

Enenra

Go to hell.
I thought it was to do with people blocking while theyre grounded, it shouldnt hit somebody who just lays on the floor without holding block.

Unless I'm wrong
No, then you just have a 100% chance of guessing right. The timing is weird, but once you get it a few times, you'll understand the timing.

ryublaze

Noob
An easier way (for me) to do the void that does 1% less damage is to replace the jump kick with dash 2.

1, 1, spear, njp, dash, 2, teleport, dash, f4, 3, spear

It still has a specific timing but it works wonders for me. But if you can do the regular void BnB then go for it. The void in general is harder to do online.

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
Void only works after a airbourne F43 spear

You can immediately B2 or F4 spear to hit them as a OTG combo. It does depend on how they block, but not blocking at all will cause it to whiff sometimes.

Enenra

Go to hell.
Void only works after a airbourne F43 spear

You can immediately B2 or F4 spear to hit them as a OTG combo. It does depend on how they block, but not blocking at all will cause it to whiff sometimes.
I've never had it whiff since I've gotten the timing, bar an absurdly poor connection.

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
So you have to spear them and then NJP into JK teleport to do the void?
Really, the void is all about the knockdown you get from a second spear hit. But only a F43 will net the correct spacing to allow for the OTG follow-up. You can have the regular spear, NJP B2 jk tele F43 spear, but you cant follow up with another B2.

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
11, spear, jip, f21, tele-vortex
b2, jik, tele, dash fwd, 111, spear-vortex
f4, spear, jip f21, tele

These are the original ones that do less dmg but are much easier. When you land a spear, you can do jip, b21, tele and put them in a stagger state. This stagger state grants you a free cross-up into 50/50, which if it lands, puts them right back into the same situation.

The harder but more dmg ones are

11, spear, njp, dash fwd, b2, jik tele, dash fwd, f43, spear.
B2, jik, tele, dash fwd, 111 spear, jip, f21, tele.
f4, spear, njp, dash fwd, b2, jik, tele, dash fwd, f43, spear.

You see the first and last combo will plant the enemy, allowing you to back dash, the go for either the overhead or low, that if landed, puts them in the same postition. If not, you get punished. Personally, I'd just forget about f43 and just go for 111 into spear instead since it is so much easier.

Good luck.

Fixed the button mix-ups :D

OZZYGUITAR

Back-dash Adam
11, spear, jip, b21, tele-vortex
f3, spear, jip b21, tele

These are the original ones that do less dmg but are much easier. When you land a spear, you can do jip, b21, tele and put them in a stagger state. This stagger state grants you a free cross-up into 50/50, which if it lands, puts them right back into the same situation.

11, spear, njp, dash fwd, b2, jik tele, dash fwd, f34, spear.
B2, jik, tele, dash fwd, 111 spear, jip, b21, tele.
f3, spear, njp, dash fwd, b2, jik, tele, dash fwd, f34, spear.

You see the first and last combo will plant the enemy, allowing you to back dash, the go for either the overhead or low, that if landed, puts them in the same postition. If not, you get punished. Personally, I'd just forget about f34 and just go for 111 into spear instead since it is so much easier.

Good luck.
actually its f43 not 34, and the vortex string is f21, also its f4 spear, but those are only the most risky options, theres a lot more to the vortex than some people know

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
11, spear, jip, b21, tele-vortex
f3, spear, jip b21, tele

11, spear, njp, dash fwd, b2, jik tele, dash fwd, f34, spear.
B2, jik, tele, dash fwd, 111 spear, jip, b21, tele.
f3, spear, njp, dash fwd, b2, jik, tele, dash fwd, f34, spear.

You see the first and last combo will plant the enemy, allowing you to back dash, the go for either the overhead or low, that if landed, puts them in the same postition. If not, you get punished. Personally, I'd just forget about f34 and just go for 111 into spear instead since it is so much easier.

Good luck.
Never forget about f43. :confused: It's the ONLY ender that allows this set up to work right. You can imitate, but the fact is the f43 second spear ender is the way to go because your 50/50 everything. Wake ups, tech roll, everything. Other enders do not offer this.

Sent from Cyberdyne Systems

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
actually its f43 not 34, and the vortex string is f21, also its f4 spear, but those are only the most risky options, theres a lot more to the vortex than some people know
Been awhile since I used Scorp lol.

And yes, I didnt list AA's into vortex.
Also, you can do other things such as f3 or 21+2, but those don't combo or are to easy to see comming. If your gunna vortex, then go all in. He cant do much else afterwards other than 111 takedown. Or go for f3 or 21+2, but I don't agree with those options.

Enenra

Go to hell.
Never forget about f43. :confused: It's the ONLY ender that allows this set up to work right. You can imitate, but the fact is the f43 second spear ender is the way to go because your 50/50 everything. Wake ups, tech roll, everything. Other enders do not offer this.

He meant F43, just mixed the buttons up. He uses Sonya, not Scorp.

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts

Ahh, so that is the reason people don't just go for 111 into second spear. I always wondered that, thanks for clearing it up.

ryublaze

Noob
Actually you can still do the void with a 2, 1+2, spear ender but the overall combo won't do as much as the regular void BnB. F4, 3, spear is the best ender for void.