What's new

General/Other - Sub-Zero Time to go to the lab with Cryo and Unbrekable

Lokheit

Noob
Is it me or does hammer after F42Grab look like it's not scaling?
It's sacalling, it would deal 28 damage if it didn't scale instead of 25. Regular hammer is a natural 12 instead of 8. Not many know it is more damaging than the EX version because before the speed buff it wasn't used too much.

SpiceWeasel

Nothing personal mate!
As a Cryo Main i can now finaly dust of my old pal and after reading all you comments

can´t wait to cum home and test it

Lokheit

Noob
I leave this here. Enjoying the new buffs, and stealing shit from those Reptile players. ;)

Hammer is a HKD. CPU was set to roll mode on.
The hard knockdown followed by dash over him will probably mess with some wakeup attemps needing reverse inputs. Seems like a strategy that could be fun im adition to allow a free side change.

I think I will mix it with air hammers to mess with knocked down opponents and see how people react on wakeups and if it's worth it. Fun week waiting.

Lokheit

Noob
Can someone try this and tell me if it gets over 50% for 2 bars?:

In the corner:

Coldblooded-ExHammer-B2-Coldblooded-ExHammer-Coldblooded-RegularHammer.

It's a modification of a 46% combo that used B12 instead of coldblooded before.

25 hits combo sound fun lol.

PS: Try to change the first coldblooded with a B12 as the damage scaling is better and might end up dealing more damage if the fist string is that one.

Gruzilla

From the slums of Shaolin, Liu Kang strikes again
Can someone try this and tell me if it gets over 50% for 2 bars?:

In the corner:

Coldblooded-ExHammer-B2-Coldblooded-ExHammer-Coldblooded-RegularHammer.

It's a modification of a 46% combo that used B12 instead of coldblooded before.

25 hits combo sound fun lol.

PS: Try to change the first coldblooded with a B12 as the damage scaling is better and might end up dealing more damage if the fist string is that one.
So for 2bars you can get 50% but I did it with b2,b2,f21grab,ex hammer,f21grab,ex hammer,12,slide(123,slide won't hit)

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
What is his max damage with f42,1+3x Eh hammer? Max I'm getting is about 37%! Not worth switching variations over. I prefer my ice clone with 30% bnbs.

Lokheit

Noob
What is his max damage with f42,1+3x Eh hammer? Max I'm getting is about 37%! Not worth switching variations over. I prefer my ice clone with 30% bnbs.
Try putting a B2 + run or B2-B2 in the corner before the f42 as Cryo always did before the buffs.

Cryo mains will already know plenty of stuff to do with this buffs because of how much time we had to overachieve with a subpar variation hehe.

Ravosa

Wild Card
Guys, chill with that "hammer is a footsie tool" talk. Sure it's safe but it's slow as fuck. Who are you playing that's going to let you use hammer as space control in neutral? Off the top of my head I can think of 3 characters that will full combo punish you for trying to get cute with a hammer in neutral.

Lokheit

Noob
PC already got it, hello dear lab!!

I'm loving it, but there's no way that this damage is going to stay.
Why not? It still isn't the most damaging character in the game, damage is basically what he does and the devs said that was the intention here. It's meter hungry too (at least now we can always follow Cold Blooded with an special to generate a bit more meter in our regular combos).

Lokheit

Noob
Oh the damage... oh the corner carry... /starts salivating...

If F122 was a bit more reliable online this would be boss.

43% 1 bar more than half screen carry...

Lokheit

Noob
47% 1 bar corner combo...

Btw, in case anyone was wondering, the last hit of cold blooded applies a 0.85 penalty (the same than EX Iceball) in adition to the 0.95 penalty from each of the first 2 hits as always.

Edit: 52% 2 bar in the corner: B2, B2, ColdBlooded, Ex Hammer, Cold Blooded, EX Iceball, JIP, ColdBlooded, regular Hammer.

DrFolmer

AKA Uncle Kano
Man, I hate Cryomancer online, that uppercut range and dat damage.
Cancermancer just got more cancer :((((

Still, Sub-Zero needed this! Glad to see NRS making progress. However I would prefer progress without destroying all cancel pressure in the game. I can't play Johnny at this state

Lokheit

Noob
Btw, anyone else notice how Neutral Jump Punch is now like 1000000000000 easier to connect? I'm connecting it with no problems after F122 when I used to have a really hard time with it before the patch.

crosshair271

Sub-Xerox
With air hammer I did some testing. JIPxxAir Hammer is a double overhead then the ground pound follows up. If you're fast enough you can also do instant air hammer.

Lokheit

Noob
Also, the air hammer corner aerial restand tech is still a thing... still not really worth it.

You can replicate it with EX Hammer into NJP into JIP and Air Hammer. The opponent will fall on his feet if you did it well. Put him in stance block and start with a low, then when you finish block to see you basically block at the same time than your opponent (can also test by making him throw an attack with X frames and throwing another at the same speed when the process is finished).

I don't know if it's just me but maybe it gives a slight less disadvantage... but as long as it doesn't give you advantage is crap.

Last edited:

Ravosa

Wild Card
I main grand master but I'm giving the new cryo a shot. I'm losing to people I would body with grand master so what are some tips for someone like me completely new to cryo? What are his best strings? What's his game plan?