What's new

[Tier List] Pig of The Hut Official Living Tier List

Gurimmjaw

Earthrealm
NIce tier list and agree with most of everything though I do think Liu Kang a bit far down, as well as Jacquie, other than that solid tier list and know things are probably going to change in the future.

People have made tier list in recent weeks but have been close down by mods or ridicule because they didn't have the credentials to make a tier list( aka "not a top player").
I'm pretty sure pig has had his tier list since like week one or two, and he never posted it on tym it's just something he uses for himself. I've heard him say that he has had his own tier list for a while and even in this case someone just heard him say it and posted it. But hopefully this gives people an idea of how well balanced this game actually is. I feel like the top characters aren't too far apart from the rest of the cast and there are maybe 2 or 3 unviable characters, but considering pig is in top 32 with kenshi and raptor is in winners with takeda they aren't too far behind.

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
I'm pretty sure pig has had his tier list since like week one or two, and he never posted it on tym it's just something he uses for himself. I've heard him say that he has had his own tier list for a while and even in this case someone just heard him say it and posted it. But hopefully this gives people an idea of how well balanced this game actually is. I feel like the top characters aren't too far apart from the rest of the cast and there are maybe 2 or 3 unviable characters, but considering pig is in top 32 with kenshi and raptor is in winners with takeda they aren't too far behind.
Ok.

what makes raiden this good? since the release I have never seen ppl complaining about raiden - or did I miss those topics maybe? - most ppl were complaining about subzero, KJ, scorp, cassie and some about takeda lol
anyway I have only seen Digits and Tsabin's raiden so far
is it his corner pressure with huge damage that makes him so strong? his overall tools seem kinda weak compared to the tools some of the other top characters have, but like I said I am not familiar with raiden and his stuff so ye
I don´t want to start to look salty but Raiden has got probably the easiest and most efficient corner carry in the game which coupled with some the most dangerous corner combos in the game makes him really good.
A good neutral punch, decent mixups, the restand mixup, good meter building don't hurt either

itsmeMOB

Mileena's back!
I don't think anyone will ever agree with any tier list. They're there for a reason, but it doesn't de-value or make any lower character a bad character. In the right hands, any character can be deadly. So regardless, they are there to show who's good, but it doesn't matter at the same time.

Pig is literally updating his list on the fly while sharing it on the stream

MK_Al

Noob
I think it's good to discuss the tire list, even if it's early and there's a lot of stuff unexplored. Might be a blast to look back on this list in a few month from now.

Im curious what the Kung Lao community has to say about his placement on this list
I play strictly KL since the release of the game and I agree; I'd put him somewhere 10th place. I feel like the fact that no KL has been seen in top 8 tournament play (at least US) speeks for itself, and the KL community is overrating that char due to maybe foxy's awesome gameplay.
In a nutshell, KL is a solid char with really good tools, but except for 44xxfollowup the meterless damage is to low to compete with the top chars. Your're pretty safe when blocking low and reacting to b2 and 44 on reaction, and you should neither jump nor push buttons. Don't worry about getting punished with raw spin to much though, KL's reward is 26% and his risk, depending on the oponent, 30-40%. Of course this is just my opinion, and i'll be happy to be proven wrong.

I think it's good to discuss the tire list, even if it's early and there's a lot of stuff unexplored. Might be a blast to look back on this list in a few month from now.

I play strictly KL since the release of the game and I agree; I'd put him somewhere 10th place. I feel like the fact that no KL has been seen in top 8 tournament play (at least US) speeks for itself, and the KL community is overrating that char due to maybe foxy's awesome gameplay.
In a nutshell, KL is a solid char with really good tools, but except for 44xxfollowup the meterless damage is to low to compete with the top chars. Your're pretty safe when blocking low and reacting to b2 and 44 on reaction, and you should neither jump nor push buttons. Don't worry about getting punished with raw spin to much though, KL's reward is 26% and his risk, depending on the oponent, 30-40%. Of course this is just my opinion, and i'll be happy to be proven wrong.
You can't react to b2.

Immortal

Blind justice....
Sounds like excuses as usual. Gets bodied by Raiden so Raiden is number 1. Can't place because Kenshi isn't broken so Kenshi sucks. Blah blah blah same old whiny song and dance from someone who always gave Tom Brady shit for the same exact crap he's constantly pulling himself.
GTFO.

Kenshi is shit, no matter if Pig gonna place high (he already did make it in top 32 losers, co z he's a good player) or not. Kenshi is bad and really needs buff. That is all.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
I feel like this list is just another subliminal whinge about Kenshi lol

Regardless, my reception to that is that Reptile is too low, should definitely be higher than Shinnok but I guess we'll see when we get a decent Reptile.

I also think Jax, Sub, Sonya and Ferra/Torr are maybe a bit high, but maybe I'm just sleeping on those ones

qspec

Noob
GTFO.

Kenshi is shit, no matter if Pig gonna place high (he already did make it in top 32 losers, co z he's a good player) or not. Kenshi is bad and really needs buff. That is all.
And Raiden is good too.

That said, I take Pig's opinion on Kenshi with a big grain of salt. I don't doubt that he's in a bad place, but Pig is starting to come across as an ideologue... and there are plenty of characters that aren't in a great place (especially as that pertains relative to the top 5).

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
And Raiden is good too.

That said, I take Pig's opinion on Kenshi with a big grain of salt. I don't doubt that he's in a bad place, but Pig is starting to come across as an ideologue... and there are plenty of characters that aren't in a great place (especially as that pertains relative to the top 5).
I disagree. Save 3-4 characters most of the cast can compete, it is just much harder for them to do so. Even the worst character in MKX is probably better off than any of the bottom 5 in MK9 were.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Sounds like excuses as usual. Gets bodied by Raiden so Raiden is number 1. Can't place because Kenshi isn't broken so Kenshi sucks. Blah blah blah same old whiny song and dance from someone who always gave Tom Brady shit for the same exact crap he's constantly pulling himself.
Wow, I wasn't going to go into it, but since you basically just said what I was was thinking, I have to agree this is the exact impression this list gives

GTFO.

*looks at avatar*

Yeah, I'm sure you have no bias here. Take your whinging to another thread, we don't need this one to devolve into another "buff Kenshi" circlejerk from a group of people who I can only assume must roleplay with Kenshi's scarf over there eyes in real life, because they can't recognise balance even with a variation named after it. You guys got too used to being ridiculously OP in MK9, sorry for the wake up call but MKX is going to mean you have to play just as well as your opponents to get a win, like you should have to in a balanced competitive game.