What's new

Tech Throw has priority over Killer Frosts Black Ice (Slide).

KRYS9984

Noob
Chuckychuck and I were testing out options for Killer Frosts blocked slide when I mentioned "what if you could grab her out of it?"

Well, we gave it a shot and it actually worked; after about 10 minutes of practice he was able to throw me quite consistently. I was also not sliding on cue, we were weaving in and out of various ranges and everything was done randomly. He was also able to throw a "wake up attack" slide as well; the character spacing was just outside of neutral (start of match).

We tested it out with most of the cast and it seems to works across the board. It's easier to execute with certain characters that have better throw hitboxes (eg: Black Adam, Aquaman, Doomsday) and if done correctly, will always have priority.

The viability depends on the user and the main focus here was to showcase the tech. Perhaps someone will discover additional tech by watching this video and how the hitboxes interact.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
i was doing the same test only with d1, but only a jedi could attempt that in tournament.....also supermans f2d1 string when timed properly can avoid the slide, also you need to be one with the force in order to do consistently.....

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
Maybe people with command throws can benefit from a well time command throw?

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Im pretty sure this has been known for sometime, at least myself and the people I play with know

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
i didn't know yo faced him.... and i don't know how but none of your matches got recorded on camera... did you ever play at station 1?
I played on station 3. Took the first match, mispaced one of my EX God Smacks and kept guessing wrong after that...I felt like I was going to take the set too...

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
GamerBlake90

Front page material? This is pretty neccessary tech lol.

This is hilarious, it works just like Balrog's EX Dash Punches on reaction. Throw him right out of it.

Superman F23, GL B13, Aquaman B12 and many other fast advancing moves stuff it clean too. Slide has noooo priority.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
As a new Frost main, I found this out today playing a Black Adam. Threw me everytime. I knew about it but didn't actually believe it would happen...tragic, I know.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
If you can react with a throw, then why not just MB B3 or Jump Back 1/2 into combo?

Not shitting on this, but I don't think this should be the go-to counter to her sliding.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
If a KF player has their slide blocked/mb/jumped/thrown on reaction they're being too predictable.

This times 1000000000000.

A KF player will only slide all willy nilly if they see their opponent is clueless/braindead and literally can't deal with it. In a real fight you'll never see much yolo slide from a real KF player.

But shhhhh 16bit. Let more people drop her because they think yolo slide is what she relies on lol.