What's new

General/Other - Sub-Zero Thoughts on these Sub-Zero Buffs? (Community feedback please?)

FoolishProphet

Still waiting for Jade :\
I hope they do something with sub zero with the tremor patch,I thoroughly enjoy playing as sub zero and the fact that I have to stick with GM to be dominant gets stale to me I enjoy unbreakable and cryomancer way more but with the lack of buffs to a half baked character from day 1 is annoying.people just get butthurt over his ice clone and say anything to nerf him into the ground,NRS give the badass Lin Kuei Grandmaster a few buffs.

Sage-Of-Light

Student of Nature
His ice hammer is soo slow stratup, and it cant be comboed into, that thing is useless online. Which makes me think why did NRS even bother with coming up with these useless specials. Kotal khans overhead sword is very similar to the ice hammer except it was done right and made very viable. Its fast and can be comboed into so why did they screw sub zero like that i wonder?
I think he should get a speed buff for his hammer asap, if cryomancer was made viable a lot of people would move to cryo instead of everybody sticking to GM
I swear to god I'm fed up with the community, and NR. there are obvious disadvantages that sub zero has that a man without his frontal lobe can spot, especially in cryomancer, and yet, we see NR completely ignoring them, and instead go with buffing other characters that were not nearly in need of buffs like sub zero. I really thought this game was going to be different than the previous ones, but i guess I was wrong, it's going to be the same unbalanced, biased, monstrosity like the previous ones, shame, I really thought this one was going to be different, if sub zero does not get a buff in the next patch, i swear my game is going to end up on ebay, if not in the trash.
Lool Reading this made me laugh, I feel your pain I hope they do fix him because I dont like having doubts in matches when I choose sub-zero he deserves a few buffs. Well said

NRS is not up to par in the brains department... lets go ahead and get that out of the way. They slide in on tournaments via streams and what not all over the US and see the same 5 untouchable characters win every one of these tourny's and think this game is making good progress then wonder why the mk community shrinks year after year. I main SZ. Mk9-he was slow, obvious, etc... especially when put against a character like reptile smh. Mkx is here now and SZ is infinitely better than he was in 9, he has good tools but they're useless against top players. Look at why some characters stand out; Super fast and moves you simply cannot react to. There are characters that can teleport twice during the start up and recovery of some of SZ normals... are you serious? lol. There are characters with attacks the leave you in block stun for 30+ frames. Katana's mournful... puts you on a stick, kicks you off, you lay there for 100+ frames?!? Projectiles that can corner trap you at full screen. The 50/50's are awesome on wake up but I shouldn't have to pick a character that i dont like or have the slightest urge to play just to be worth a damn. SZ needs buffs.

NRS is not up to par in the brains department... lets go ahead and get that out of the way. They slide in on tournaments via streams and what not all over the US and see the same 5 untouchable characters win every one of these tourny's and think this game is making good progress then wonder why the mk community shrinks year after year. I main SZ. Mk9-he was slow, obvious, etc... especially when put against a character like reptile smh. Mkx is here now and SZ is infinitely better than he was in 9, he has good tools but they're useless against top players. Look at why some characters stand out; Super fast and moves you simply cannot react to. There are characters that can teleport twice during the start up and recovery of some of SZ normals... are you serious? lol. There are characters with attacks the leave you in block stun for 30+ frames. Katana's mournful... puts you on a stick, kicks you off, you lay there for 100+ frames?!? Projectiles that can corner trap you at full screen. The 50/50's are awesome on wake up but I shouldn't have to pick a character that i dont like or have the slightest urge to play just to be worth a damn. SZ needs buffs.
Amen to that

-narshkajke-

klone enthusiast
Tom insists that Subby will get 0 fixes. If that's the case than I can gaurantee you we won't see any Sub-Zeros after Evo. This shit feels like a cruel joke by NRS. They're to lazy to properly fix the clone so they lie and say it's fine. I'm just waiting to see his name in a patch note so they can at least acknowledge that he needs changes.
nrs hate sub, did you see mk9 menu screen or scorp intro in injustice?

ZeZe

The smart stuff!
A thread in another section of the forum made me miss ice puddle. Like, so many characters have close/mid/far tools (Pred traps, Quan Chi's rune, Takeda's blade in Ronin, Cassie's missiles, Erron's caltrops), why not allow him to shoot close/mid/far puddle? Obviously mid and far one would most likely be useful but still.

Why would NRS hate Sub though? That would be only embarrassing to them if they hated their own creation to the extend that they would make it full of holes on purpose. Far better to remove him from game if they can't handle him correctly, which is what I'm afraid is the issue. If they hated him they wouldn't give him the best maskless look and they would make him look like an asshole in the story mode instead of Scorp. :DOGE