What's new

General/Other - Gunslinger Thoughts On Potential Gunslinger Changes

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
If you could run cancel stand off stance and it provided enough frame advantage, he might actually have a way to get decent meterless damage.

This would be the only necessary buff, provided it gave him enough frame advantage to get a launcher out of it (can you imagine an Erron Black with Scorpion pressure off 21122?)

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
If you could run cancel stand off stance and it provided enough frame advantage, he might actually have a way to get decent meterless damage.

This would be the only necessary buff, provided it gave him enough frame advantage to get a launcher out of it (can you imagine an Erron Black with Scorpion pressure off 21122?)
This is how marksman is currently, it just would have made a lot more sense to have marksman actually be a zoning variation and give gunslinger RC pressure from stance

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
Actually, I disagree, I think Gunslinger is pretty good at zoning, but needs more tools to even it out a bit more.

The coin shot has a lot of start up, but it's very unique for a projectile for several reasons. For one it's trajectory can actually be changed after you fire it, up until it hits the coin, so it makes avoiding it a lot more difficult since I can alter it according to where my opponent is. 2, due to how it travels, it can actually be made less negative on block based on where it hits the opponent. It's almost 0 block if you hit your opponent below the knee, so it's like a projectile dive kick. SoS 4 is slow, but there are a lot of ways to set it up, and on hit, it has a huge advantage. In my testing, if SoS 4 hits, Erron is given a free low grenade toss which the opponent must block, or delay their wake up. Erron is safe by the time they can wake up from about over 3/4's screen or so, so you can use that to either go into more zoning, or for fullscreen oki. Erron's normal gun shots also have their own uses, with 32 being a good mid projectile with a good hit box good knock back on block, and F132 actually being able to duck under and punish many projectiles, on top of having huge knock back on hit and block.
F132 is also a hard knockdown

Noob
Sorry I don't know the button notations for MKX so excuse me haha.

I was thinking maybe for stand off (X/A) the last hit could be metered burned to make it safe or guard break?

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
These aren't bad changes but the overlying issue is what is the identity of Gunslinger Erron Black. Because it's not rush down, that's Outlaw. It's not full on zoning cause that's Marksman. I feel like this variation should be a mix of both. Use the varrying poking gunshot attacks to gain advantage that allow Erron to run in for quick damage and then reset to about mid range. He pokes with gun shots and sand grenades while looking for a chance to quickly go in but not stay in.

With that in mind I think we should have the added gunshot moves be maybe neautral on block but good on hit giving him his opprotunity to get in consistently. As an add on the gunshots won't do a lot of meaninful damage. They'd literally be poke and getting in, so they'd have to be fast enough for Erron to run in and maybe go for a 50/50?

I'm not sure just spit balling thoughts on Gunslinger.
Marksman's run cancelsa re not just for zoning, he gets even better close pressure from them, in addition to more meterless damage off of practical confirms off of his safe marksman exclusive special launcher.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Marksman's run cancelsa re not just for zoning, he gets even better close pressure from them, in addition to more meterless damage off of practical confirms off of his safe marksman exclusive special launcher.
Pretty sure he's negative on block after them.

TNS

Oops, I YOLO'd
He should be able to do Coin Toss from Standoff. Also, give Coin Toss a bit more plus frames on it and lower its recovery frames slightly.

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
He needs a way to launch the whole cast without meter or his zoning tools need to be good enough for it to be a dedicated zoning variation. He needs to be able to dash out of SOS and trick shot needs...something special. Right now I consider gunslinger completely outshined in every way by the other 2.

LucaTheRipper

RULES OF NATURE!
-The stance being cancelable on run is a good idea but i doubt they will change
-He should be immune of projectiles in his animation of spin shot (4 of the stance)
-Quick shot (2 of the stance) should lead to combos
-Money shot with a faster startup, EX version lead to combo
-Less recovery on 1 of the stance.

Reactions: TNS