What's new

Question Those damn mixups.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Alrighty so to recap here

b3 1+2 is low, overhead
u3 is overhead
f1 2 1+2 is high low mid (so I could duck the f1 and poke out?)
112 is high

All of these lead to trance

Anything else i'm missing?
You can not poke out of F1 2 1+2. It hits mid, low, mid.
1 1 2 is only high on the first hit. It goes high mid mid mid.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
IIRC, you can only jump out if the Quan in question dashes into the 212 after the 11 Drop.
Otherwise, the first 2 is gonna hit you standing. I'm not 100%, though.

Under_The_Mayo, true or false?
Anyone can try to jump because there is a 2 frame gap, but there are animation frames on start up for jumping so you`ll still be locked down. If the string is miss timed or you dash before it, yes they can jump. But they`ll get hit and possibly put into a trance again.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
My own personal opinion is that he is a better footsies character than people give him credit for, and if everyone would use their meter with him to open people up instead of just to go for the killshot, he would be a better character.
I couldn't agree more. That's how I try to play him; make the opponent play against their own reflexes in the hopes of squeeing out as much damage and chip as possible. Only full Trap if absolutely necessary.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I couldn't agree more. That's how I try to play him; make the opponent play against their own reflexes in the hopes of squeeing out as much damage and chip as possible. Only full Trap if absolutely necessary.
I play quan but more as a troll character than anything, but I kind of want to pick him up to try and show people you don't need to use rune traps to win with him.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
Rune trap or bust.

Imo, even tho no one asked(rofl) quan is the biggest gimmick character in the game. Yes his mixups are slow and predictable. But by delaying b3 1+2 a split second after a jip, it eliminates fuzzy guarding and Ur opponent will eat full combo if their not blocking on reaction. You can do the same by dashing forward, standing for a sec, then mixup. U3 trance should only be used if you have a life lead cuz you can't hit confirn to trance. I do it mid rune trap usually toyo try build fourth bar.

GGA Saucy Jack

The artist formerly known as ImNewbieSauce
Sorry Vagrant...I didn't see this post go up.....should have just asked me while I was playing Quan vs you at GGA the other day. Next time we play, I'll show you all the strings, and where you can armor right through them.