What's new

Question Those damn mixups.

Vagrant

Noob
Enough is enough.

I've fought too many quan chis to not know where all of his strings hit. I've just been kind of playing it by trial and error for the past year and change but never actually looked it up as I've barely touched the character.

b3 1+2 is low, overhead correct?

What are the other ones?

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Enough is enough.

I've fought too many quan chis to not know where all of his strings hit. I've just been kind of playing it by trial and error for the past year and change but never actually looked it up as I've barely touched the character.

What are the other ones?
Yeah that's right, then there is U3 which is an overhead, and F1 2 which is mid, low all of his other standing normals are mid I think.

Forward 1 2 1+2 is high low low I believe, not sure about that last hit. up 3 is an overhead. You can also jump out of rune trap after he ends combo with 11 sky drop but be careful, he can read that and do 212 rune for another combo/mixup.

Daniel Aiden

Unknown-Member31
correct . .... 1, 2 high low , b 3 3 , low high ,b3 - low , up 3 -overhead , 1,1,2 high. all of this can be linked to trance .

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Forward 1 2 1+2 is high low low I believe, not sure about that last hit. up 3 is an overhead. You can also jump out of rune trap after he ends combo with 11 sky drop but be careful, he can read that and do 212 rune for another combo/mixup.
The 1+2 in F1 2 is a mid so you can still block it low, but you don't have to if you don't want to block it low.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
IIRC, you can only jump out if the Quan in question dashes into the 212 after the 11 Drop.
Otherwise, the first 2 is gonna hit you standing. I'm not 100%, though.

Under_The_Mayo, true or false?

Vagrant

Noob
Alrighty so to recap here

b3 1+2 is low, overhead
u3 is overhead
f1 2 1+2 is high low mid (so I could duck the f1 and poke out?)
112 is high

All of these lead to trance

Anything else i'm missing?

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.

b3 1+2 is low, overhead
u3 is overhead
112 is high

2 1 u3 -- u3 is overhead but doesn't link to trance
also note that you can d3 out of b3 1+2; there's a 10 frame gap I think.

Yup, they all lead to rune, especially when you wanna be a sneaky basterd and use rune even after b3 1+2, lots of people let go of block after they block the 1+2 part. That's all the string mixups, agreed everybody?

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME

b3 1+2 is low, overhead
u3 is overhead
112 is high

1, 2, 11, 112, 113, F12, B31+2, 21, 212, 3, 4, U3 and U4 all link to EX Rune.

In my experience, any time is a good time to dive into a Rune Trap.

Yup, they all lead to rune, especially when you wanna be a sneaky basterd and use rune even after b3 1+2, lots of people let go of block after they block the 1+2 part. That's all the string mixups, agreed everybody?
Dammit, you beat me to it. Lol.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
....So why is this guy at the bottom of the tier list again?
Because he gets bodied by anyone who sufficiently knows the matchup.
Quan is easily, IMO, THE most meter-dependant character in the game. As good as the Rune setups and mixups are, his mixes are really easy to read and counter, whiffed Stomp mobility is really punishable, and he gives you next to nothing to be afraid of once he runs out of meter.

Because he gets bodied by anyone who sufficiently knows the matchup.
Quan is easily, IMO, THE most meter-dependant character in the game. As good as the Rune setups and mixups are, his mixes are really easy to read and counter, whiffed Stomp mobility is really punishable, and he gives you next to nothing to be afraid of once he runs out of meter.
Well said sir.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
....So why is this guy at the bottom of the tier list again?
Quan Chi with meter = amazing character.
Quan Chi without meter = bottom 5 character

He has decent setups to throw people off and get good mixups, but the problem is that his mixups are really easy to fuzzy guard. Since his U3 isn't hit confirmable into trance, so you have to take a chance with it and if it doesn't hit it's a full combo punish. Quan Chi is in fact the most meter dependant character in the game. My own personal opinion is that he is a better footsies character than people give him credit for, and if everyone would use their meter with him to open people up instead of just to go for the killshot, he would be a better character.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
For a number of reasons, slow pokes, horrid anti airs, really you can only use rune or down 4 to rune if spaced properly for an anti air. The only thing he has going for him is rune.
this is hugely false.... his d1 has an INSANE vertical hitbox and links into trance.
his uppercut is 7 frames.

The reason he is bad is A) no useful armor B) no good wakeup C)bad neutral game

and to top all that off... his best mixup tool can be interrupted without armor.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
this is hugely false.... his d1 has an INSANE vertical hitbox and links into trance.

and to top all that off... his best mixup tool can be interrupted without armor.
I was about to say, looking at his normals I don't see why they'd be bad at AAing..

I was just saying that its slow as balls, maybe offline it could be useful, but a lot of these guys are playing online where not even fast down 1's help hardly, let alone a slow down 1 like quan's.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Enough is enough.

What are the other ones?
Here is what you need to know, you should not be mixed up by Quan Chi because all of his normals are SUPER SLOW.

U3 hits mid
B3 hits low
The other slow strings he does has a low in it so watch out for that.

What I do is start out blocking low no matter what, then...
----if the B3 comes out I switch my guard to high to block the 1+2
----if the U3 starts to come out you should adjust your guard to high immediately to block it and then smile because you will probably get a free combo after it because just about every Quan Chi cancels U3 into trance.
----Block all other strings low since they have a low hitting portion