What's new

General/Other This patch might inadvertently buff black adam

okay, so he loses rooftop metropolis and his divekick is -4 more frames punishable which means hes going to still be hard to punish... i hear they are scaling lightning cage a bit... doesn't matter i should probably be using his meterless bnbs more

The key thing is that this patch is going to include an aa buff... which we don't know the effect

Black adams uppercut isnt that bad imo being 7 frames and a solid hitbox... if this becomes a bit more prioritized he will lose his primary weakness... this will make the batman matchup extremely hard for batman because he will be forced to attempt to play more grounded footsies or rely on jump 3 more which isnt as strong for combos and spacing (but grants mroe advantage on block).

without trait he cannot deal with black adam at all in the footsie game, he can't even touch him... it will make it definitively 6-4 black adam despite batmans ability to jump lightning with 1 bat out and full combo on reaction

also they are nerfing his primary weakness, scorpion, might guess is jump 3s will still be an issue however.

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world
I doubt they would buff it that drastically to the point where it becomes a viable anti air, specially for Adam. But who knows with NRS anymore. They buffed wake-ups so that everyone and their mother has a reversal now.

A New Angel Is Advent

mutton basher
I'm probably wrong since I'm new to the whole nrs system, but from other fgs I wonder if the AA buffs will include a few frames of overhead invulnerability. They didn't mention any changes in frame data or hurtbox, so giving 'priority' would prevent a trade. This would be good since jump ins shouldn't be point blank anyway, and crossups would still be effective. The dive kick nerf only cuts back on his ability to harass the opponent. Getting in, getting away, and reaction punishes should still be viable. I love playing theory fighter.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
How do we know that NRS didn't buff Scorp's J3? I know it has some vertical collision detection issues and the patch notes only said it was "adjusted".

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
How do we know that NRS didn't buff Scorp's J3? I know it has some vertical collision detection issues and the patch notes only said it was "adjusted".
We don't.

I hope d2 becomes powerful enough universally to blow up all jump in attempts that aren't safe jump ins. You couldn't typically get away with jumping around like an asshole in MK9 unless you were KL, which I liked.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
>solid hitbox

Really? Have you seen his D2? Its probably got the worst hitbox out of all D2s.

STRYKIE

We don't.

I hope d2 becomes powerful enough universally to blow up all jump in attempts that aren't safe jump ins. You couldn't typically get away with jumping around like an asshole in MK9 unless you were KL, which I liked.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
The thing is alot of the AA metagame in MK was really makeshift to begin with, I don't think D1's were outright designed to stop cross-ups and such. I have mixed feelings about the air game in Injustice in general but I hope they didn't go overkill on D2 priority and beats everything, I liked having to work for my well placed jumpkicks in MK9. :p

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
The thing is alot of the AA metagame in MK was really makeshift to begin with, I don't think D1's were outright designed to stop cross-ups and such. I have mixed feelings about the air game in Injustice in general but I hope they didn't go overkill on D2 priority and beats everything, I liked having to work for my well placed jumpkicks in MK9. :p
The only thing they need to do to d2s is this:

1. Adjust the frames so that the highest point is now the startup frame listed, however adjust hitboxes so that it also hits in front as it originally did.

OR

2. Drastically speed up how fast the d2 gets to the highest point.

OR

3. Adjust hurtboxes so that there's no head hurtbox, or increase the vertical hitbox on the uppercut to a ridiculous extent.

STRYKIE

1. Adjust the frames so that the highest point is now the startup frame listed, however adjust hitboxes so that it also hits in front as it originally did.

OR

OR

3. Adjust hurtboxes so that there's no head hurtbox, or increase the vertical hitbox on the uppercut to a ridiculous extent.
I agree with the first one on redistributing the active frames I guess. I thought hurtboxes in this game were about the same anyway besides DD.

Error

DF2+R2

OR

OR

4. Give everyone a Trident or Lasso.

Shazams one has solid 'range' it reaches high. Its just slow.
Black Adams is fast, but with long recovery and no reach.
black adam lowers his own hitbox quite a bit in comparison to the hands reach, its fine, its right above his head, after this buff it should be able to stop jump 2s better

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
black adam lowers his own hitbox quite a bit in comparison to the hands reach, its fine, its right above his head, after this buff it should be able to stop jump 2s better

It should, but I honestly think that it won't be as good as everyone elses, and the divekick/damage nerf will mean its an overall nerf to him.

Vogue

Noob
People haven't got that yet? Depending on how well the new anti - airs work it could change every matchup in the game. The tier list could be completely thrown on its head. Same thing happened in sfxt when they gave the tekken guys anti airs..... This is assuming they work like in most 2d games , we have no idea.

GGA Saucy Jack

The artist formerly known as ImNewbieSauce
Imagine Uppercuts now hit B.A out of DiveKick .......:joker:
Oh Joe...you so crazeh. Black adams divekick already had no priority and lost to everything in the game. Including (but not limited to):

Sneezing
Input bug
Meter drain
Puppies
D1
D2
D3
Harleys trait
Quan chis skeletal boost
McDonalds McDoubles
Turnips
MuffinMuggers

Dive kick priority has always been a myth.