What's new

This is for when MKX comes out

(someone place this in the right spot please :p @AK RM Blake @Mikemetroid @CrimsonShadow ) but anyways I (and many others) are guilty of complaining about characters considered to be too good/ the number one character in a game. So with this said, I apologize for any complaining I have done and I hope others will do so as well. So when MKX comes out and some character winds up being just hella good and annoying, I ask that we as a community unite and find out how to deal with that character. We can use Skype calls, facebook messaging, phone calls, texting, etc. We should never expect a fighting game to come out completely balanced because that is completely impossible and complaining won't save you from getting bopped by the "hated" character in tournament. So with all this said, when the time comes and we have someone like "kabal", or "superman", or whoever the hell that character will be, I want us to find a way to stop that character. If that character beats a character really bad, I will personally do everything in my power to find out how to make that matchup as winnable as possible. When MKX comes out, I will start a PM chat thing and invite whoever would like to join so when that character comes out, we will be ready and we will breakdown that character to the core!!!! #YEEEAAAPPPPP

Last edited:

DOOMSDAY-15RUS-

i'LL DESTROY YOU ALL
it's like me when MK9 started, during 1st mouth of MK9 i lost 95% of my online matches, 1 mouth later after practice online i was in the top 10 on xbl after 2 mouth i had a new main reptile and everyone knew my reptile, same for PS4 injustice, every one in EU know my DD now. what i wanna say, or confirme. PRACTICE, MORE PRACTICE and look tournament vods with top players

Last edited:
I'm all for this approach. Funny thing is I stated something like this in the Harley forums before I exploded onto the scene at CEO last year & got laughed at. I told them to stop crying like "bi***es" and man up & learn your damn matchups.

Amen @MITDJT I'm glad someone thinks like I do.
haha yep I got a whole new mindset for fighting games now. When MKX comes out, i'm prepared for whatever and i'm not letting any character slide. Also I see the avatar, li mei better be in mkx!!

Rodrigue

Spongerod
Nope. History will repeat itself. Again and again. Character will seem a little good, TYM be like-
That's what I like about you Joker mains. You guys play, let's just say, not the best character in the game, and yet you're always up to take him to a higher level. Respect to you sir, as well as Qwark, Gilbagz, the Pantychrist and all the Joker mains. Now if you please teach Myles some of that it'd be great :p

Espio

Kokomo
I'm down and all for exploring and exhausting our options, every problem or character has holes to exploit or solutions to at least try.

FB: Sergio Walker (Espio)

I'll help in any way I can, I usually play super obscure characters so that might be advantageous lol.

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
That's what I like about you Joker mains. You guys play, let's just say, not the best character in the game, and yet you're always up to take him to a higher level. Respect to you sir, as well as Qwark, Gilbagz, the Pantychrist and all the Joker mains. Now if you please teach Myles some of that it'd be great :p
Nah, all he has to work with is a safe 50/50 vortex, strong zoning/counterzoning, and great mobility. Idk how he does it... :rolleyes:

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
I'll get in on this. I missed out on MK9, and wanna be a part of MKX.

FB: Oliver Burke
Twitter: Don't have one, but maybe I should make one. Am I cool enough to be followed? ;__;

This would be easier to do if players shared more anti-character tech instead of saving it for tournaments.

I know REO, Tom, SonicFox and a few others are known to share their knowledge with everyone. But too many players still try to hide their knowledge. Either because they don't want their main to get nerfed or they don't want other players to know what they know because then they'll no longer have an advantage. I think that's really silly and in contradiction with the "let's level up instead of complain" mentality.

For example people will complain about X character until a player finds an OS that covers all his wake up option. Then suddenly that character will seem fair all of a sudden. But if that player didn't share the option select then everyone would think this character is broken because he can't be pressured on wake up and he needs to get nerfed etc. So the best way to prevent unnecessary nerfs/buffs is to keep players informed.

So please share everything you know and find with whatever characters you're training with. Hiding tech only slows down overall progress of the game and keeps the level of play/knowledge lower than it should be.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
I'll say it before and I'll say it again until it gets in the heads of these ppl... If a character is being hated b/c he or she is too powerful and the ppl complain and want that character to be nerfed so it can be viable then the ppl who claim to be "Top players" arent really top plays b/c they cant get over those obstacles. You'lll probably say "Or you're just a casual your opinion doesnt matter or you are just an Ignorant sob and dont understand frames and MU etc." personally I dont give a shit, it my Opinion and I know deep down you know I am right. Unless, UNLESS these "Top Players" need a "Handicap" b/c they cant win, lmfao fuck outta here with that shit.

I'll say it before and I'll say it again until it gets in the heads of these ppl... If a character is being hated b/c he or she is too powerful and the ppl complain and want that character to be nerfed so it can be viable then the ppl who claim to be "Top players" arent really top plays b/c they cant get over those obstacles. You'lll probably say "Or you're just a casual your opinion doesnt matter or you are just an Ignorant sob and dont understand frames and MU etc." personally I dont give a shit, it my Opinion and I know deep down you know I am right. Unless, UNLESS these "Top Players" need a "Handicap" b/c they cant win, lmfao fuck outta here with that shit.
Pretty much this, put up or shut up. I can deal with that.

This would be easier to do if players shared more anti-character tech instead of saving it for tournaments.

I know REO, Tom, SonicFox and a few others are known to share their knowledge with everyone. But too many players still try to hide their knowledge. Either because they don't want their main to get nerfed or they don't want other players to know what they know because then they'll no longer have an advantage. I think that's really silly and in contradiction with the "let's level up instead of complain" mentality.

For example people will complain about X character until a player finds an OS that covers all his wake up option. Then suddenly that character will seem fair all of a sudden. But if that player didn't share the option select then everyone would think this character is broken because he can't be pressured on wake up and he needs to get nerfed etc. So the best way to prevent unnecessary nerfs/buffs is to keep players informed.

So please share everything you know and find with whatever characters you're training with. Hiding tech only slows down overall progress of the game and keeps the level of play/knowledge lower than it should be.
I know exactly what you mean man. DJT could've just saved the missile stuff with GL for evo, instead he just showed it off during the auction tourney at ufgt9 last year. Hiding tech won't help the community level up and i'm glad we have the ppl you mentioned who actually are willing to show tech to the community.

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
I'm down. That's how it used to be way before MK9 existed. We did work and wore everything out before turning on the tears. These days someone takes one L and it needs to be patched. Smh. I main tekken as a game. We don't get any patches really. We get one expansion or two (in Japanese arcades) then we're on our own (US is from the start as we get one console release and done)