What's new

This game is ridiculously balanced

Rate the overall character balance for Injustice (v1.06)

• Total voters

Immortal

Blind justice....
and those few fights proves what exactly? We all know Dizzy is good or the best Cage player out there and this MU isn't horribly bad for either KL or Cage so it can go either way. From what i saw there, when Carl didn't risk and play a bit more defensively he won. Whe he started hes usual offense with risks he got beaten (not blow up), like many times before and after that.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
and those few fights proves what exactly? We all know Dizzy is good or the best Cage player out there and this MU isn't horribly bad for either KL or Cage so it can go either way. From what i saw there, when Carl didn't risk and play a bit more defensively he won. Whe he started hes usual offense with risks he got beaten (not blow up).
I think your knowledge is just outdated; I'm not going to post every single example, but it's pretty well established by now.

(middle match)

Also have you considered why top Lao players never play Lao against top Kitanas anymore? And rarely against Cages

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Kitana has the air control to tame Kung Lao's mobility and outfootsies him on the ground if he tries to chill and play the game. Perfect Legend and Forever King stopped bothering to use KL against me and go Kenshi/Kabal.

Immortal

Blind justice....
I think your knowledge is just outdated; I'm not going to post every single example, but it's pretty well established by now. Also have you considered why top Lao players never play Lao against top Kitanas anymore? And rarely against Cages
Just for the record i still play this game on regular basis, while most of guys here dropped it already (thats about my knowledge being outdated). Thou i have great respect for players like 16 bit or Forever King and several more here.

With Kitana it seems pretty obvious, since its way easier to beat her with Kenshi or Kabal then with KL but that doesn't mean that Lao vs Kitana is in her favor. Thou i'm not an expert with KL so i just gonna assume that you know better.

Almost the same applies to Cage, why bother with pretty even MU? When you can use Kenshi and literally destroy Cage. Yet it doesn't mean that KL vs Cage is favor of the last.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
With Kitana it seems pretty obvious, since its way easier to beat her with Kenshi or Kabal then with KL but that doesn't mean that Lao vs Kitana is in her favor. Thou i'm not an expert with KL so i just gonna assume that you know better.

Almost the same applies to Cage, why bother with pretty even MU? When you can use Kenshi and literally destroy Cage. Yet it doesn't mean that KL vs Cage is favor of the last.

You're right but in this case Kitana does have a slight advantage over Kung Lao.

I love how some people make a big deal about themselves and call themselves experts. It's funny, 'cause they could actually suck really bad. :joker:

Immortal

Blind justice....
You'd think after 2 and a half years of beating every Kung Lao and causing Forever King and Carl to counter pick my opinion on this matchup would hold some weight.
It does to me, you're a great Kitana player i don't have and never had doubts about that and i respect your opinion like Forever Kings on KL.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
You can only really talk honestly about matchups if you're referring to two people that are both familiar with the matchup. Otherwise, anyone stands a chance of losing a set to almost any character.
This

Only reason why I took a game off shanxter's kenshi at MLG Dallas lolol

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
I respect your opinion. I don't agree with it but i respect it.

That being said, could you please explain me how Sonya doesn't lose to lets say Cyrax? I dont play either of this characters but last time i saw MyGod (which in my opinion is a great Sonya player) vs Denzel it was pretty one sided.

also KL lose to Kitana and Cage? Wait, what?

Like i said you're a good if not very good KL players, so can you explain this to me? I would more likely said that KL lose to a good Kenshi (i agree on that with Pig if memory serves me good) then to Kitana or Cage.

Kung Lao actually beats Kenshi in my opinion. He loses to Cage and Kitana because their low hitboxes, and other reasons. Kitana dominates the air, and both characters have really good tools for shutting down Kung Lao's pressure and teleporting and crossovers, they pretty much shut down alot of his game. Let's take for example the best Cage player and the best Kitana player, Dizzy and 16bit. Neither of those two guys have ever lost to a Kung Lao in tournament ever since MK9 came out. Kung Lao players will usually counterpick in tournament when having to face a good Kitana or Cage.

And Sonya vs Cyrax is 5-5, some people will even say Sonya favor. I think it's 5-5 tho. Denzell is just really good

not reading all of this but just wanted to address one bit of the OP

even in popular tournament fighting games, it's not unheard of to have a #1 character with no even matchups. i know i reference these in every post, but super turbo and guilty gear accent core both have this going on - it just took a while to get there. the japanese now consider vega to have all winning matchups in ST thanks to relatively recent refinements of the character, and the same was true of eddie in AC.

AC eddie in particular is actually a VERY good match for kabal in terms of matchups. mid & low tier are a lot stronger in GG so eddie seems less ridiculous on the surface...but both characters do about equally well vs the rest of high tier (read: the tournament matchups that matter most) in their games.

this phenomenon is probably even more common in 3D fighters, too. characters have much more similar fundamental gameplans in those games compared to 2D, and invariably you're going to end up with one character who executes that gameplan a bit better than the rest. there are a lot fewer unique weaknesses that only certain characters can take advantage of, so even a strong but not overly dominant #1 character like T5DR devil jin will have all winning matchups - they'll just be a lot of 5.5-4.5's.

so yes, sometimes it CAN be acceptable to have one character like that

Colonel-Gilgamesh

Hates NRS for making me not like Superman
Clearly the best MK character to add would be Jonny Cage in a Christian Bale DLC costume. Super attack? "You're Done Professionally"

I agree with DS and Batman on that list in terms of not being designed rigidly, but again thats why I said 90% maybe closer to 80% would be a better estimate.

My point is not that p2w's sisestro is not different than wound's( one could be better than zoning than the other for example and better at baiting). My point is that sinestro as a character has been designed in such a limiting fashion that a single strategy dominates his play. Superman falls under the character that is not so rigid, and that's what makes him so good.

But keep in mind, this is how I personally feel about the game. It's not necessary right, but just my observation and criticism from having played numerous fighting game. I could be very wrong. And again this might even be what the majority like to have in their fighting game, it's not necessarily bad. It's just not what I would consider to be good.

This criticism can be further verified by playing a character you know nothing about and suddenly after a few matches you begin to realize you are always trying to do one thing because that's the one strategy your char is meant to do and nothing else

RYX

BIG PUSHER
This criticism can be further verified by playing a character you know nothing about and suddenly after a few matches you begin to realize you are always trying to do one thing because that's the one strategy your char is meant to do and nothing else
who, batgirl?

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Ya this is exactly how I see this game. Character viability in this game come from having tools you can just abuse mindlessly instead of having the tools to beat a character on a fundamental level. And if what your opponent's has shuts down yours, you are pretty much screwed bc 90% of a cast is designed so rigidly that they can only be played effectively with a single strategy leaving no room for individual input.
To me this game is very balanced in the same way that a game of rock paper scissors is very balanced, but again I wouldnt spend time and money to travel to play rock paper scissors competitively. At the end of the day, this is the least rewarding fighting game I have played. Wins and losses feel very empty.
Sorry everyone else posting

this is the only answer.

Solid wins

Flawless Victory.