What's new

Strategy They patching smoke?

Kwon

---->----
I told you exactly where to find it.
Where is your source?

No link then? As i thought.

It would be asinine to assume that a fountain of wisdom such as Tom should want to "nerf" a character on the grounds of "bullshit" as you claimed.

Clearly it has to have impact on gameplay and a change of skill/power/technique is needed on some characters for balance's sake.

We cannot have improper balance , where some characters are just too good and perform so much better than others, watch the Kung Lao-trend in the latest PDP-tournament for example as proof of that.

It is a good thing that some characters, Kung Lao AND Smoke for example, are toned down a tad, while others may need improvement (like Baraka, Sheeva etc).

Kwon

---->----
Where is the proper link? You just gave me the link to the SRK-forum.

Oh, and i am not a boy, for future reference.

After the current changes, i am certain we will see both Smoke, Kano,
Reptile and Kung Lao in tournaments, as it should be.
All thanks to Tom Brady.

Where is the proper link? You just gave me the link to the SRK-forum.
It's in the thread. Click on s1lent's channel and find the video with the same title as the thread.

I can't strap you down and force you to watch it. If you want to keep denying its existence because you refuse to watch it, go ahead. To the rest of the less stubborn community, there you go.

Oh, and i am not a boy, for future reference.
And apparently not very familiar with common English phrases either.

After the current changes, i am certain we will see both Smoke, Kano and Kung Lao in tournaments, as it should be.
Every single player who has played Smoke in a major has announced that they're dropping him. It's going to be a while before he resurfaces if he does at all.

Kano and Kung Lao already have great tourney representation....

Kwon

---->----
Oh, i am most interested in watching this so called video full of these outlandish claims, and would watch it with delight as soon as you give me the proper link.

Cannot make outlandish claims without a real source/evidence.

I have seen all the clips in Silent1s channel and i have yet to see one where Tom calls Smoke a bullshit-character.

Every balancing made, be it nerf or improvement, is done after alot of testing, not just of a whim.

If a character is unbalanced, it won't stay that way for long, and you should be grateful and thankful that you have Tom testing at every free moment, helping NRS and improving the game for us.

Why am I eating troll bait? I gave you the exact video you claim doesn't exist, and you still just refuse to watch it and claim it's not real. Ignore time. Sorry to waste your time responding to him everyone.

Kwon

---->----
LOL?
I am saying I would VERY MUCH want to see this video containing your outlandish claims, but usually, when there is no substance behind the words, no source is to be found.

If you, or anyone else for that matter, would show me this video, i would gladly watch it with delight, but the thing is, Tom Brady would do nothing of the sort (of what you claim).

He is a good guy, he is working for the improvement of the game, he is here for us, the players, helping to improve, test.and find things that are unbalanced.

It's a good thing Tom has done, helping balancing the characters.

Now, people will use Kano with pride in tournaments as well, since he is much more competitive after the balancing.

And the Kung Lao-trend we saw in the PDP-tournament will hopefully be a thing of the past now that he has been toned down, which was very much needed.

Etwist

Noob
OTG Bomb was one of the most fun things about Smoke. It actually took some execution. Now his bnbs are gonna be boring like the rest of the characters. That's great, you just made a character boring, weaker (when he wasn't even that good), easier, and just overall worse. I don't know if I'll keep playing Smoke after this.

hardwire

Noob
LOL?
I am saying I would VERY MUCH want to see this video containing your outlandish claims, but usually, when there is no substance behind the words, no source is to be found.

If you, or anyone else for that matter, would show me this video, i would gladly watch it with delight, but the thing is, Tom Brady would do nothing of the sort (of what you claim).

He is a good guy, he is working for the improvement of the game, he is here for us, the players, helping to improve, test.and find things that are unbalanced.

It's a good thing Tom has done, helping balancing the characters.

Now, people will use Kano with pride in tournaments as well, since he is much more competitive after the balancing.

And the Kung Lao-trend we saw in the PDP-tournament will hopefully be a thing of the past now that he has been toned down, which was very much needed.
look im a neutral party in all this that mains smoke and i have no ill will toward tom but i just have to say this

if tom is the one that got nrs to "fix" kano up ball then i am sorry never listen to tom again ever EVER!

and leave otg smoke bomb alone its all we have we get no chip we get no real lows and our over head is slow as the day is long

Kwon

---->----
look im a neutral party in all this that mains smoke and i have no ill will toward tom but i just have to say this

if tom is the one that got nrs to "fix" kano up ball then i am sorry never listen to tom again ever EVER!

and leave otg smoke bomb alone its all we have we get no chip we get no real lows and our over head is slow as the day is long
I can understand how you feel hardwire, but do not tell me this, let Tom know instead. :)

I am just a normal player like you. Let NRS and Tom know if you find there is something really wrong with certain characters and how to improve/change/balance them.

Tom is one of many trying to improve the game, making it more balanced, and clearly both Kano, Sheeva and Baraka has improved after the latest changes.

The goal is to make every character competitive.

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
You two need to knock it off. Name calling and feeding the fire doesn't help here. I am for the removal of OTG. I don't care if Smoke is missed in tournaments as a main, because he is without a doubt the strongest secondary in the entire game. His ability to destroy projectile characters will ensure people always have a pocket Smoke (that sounds weird) to bust out.

You two need to knock it off. Name calling and feeding the fire doesn't help here. I am for the removal of OTG. I don't care if Smoke is missed in tournaments as a main, because he is without a doubt the strongest secondary in the entire game. His ability to destroy projectile characters will ensure people always have a pocket Smoke (that sounds weird) to bust out.
That's why I put him on ignore. It's much nicer now. He can continue to ignore the hard evidence I gave him on his own time, not everyone else's.

I'd really hate to see smoke degenerate into just a counter pick to heavy zoners. And the fact that he *might* still have that niche is hardly justification for a nerf.

Kwon

---->----
Smoke is a great character, even without OTG-Bomb,

That other poster just needed an explanation why balancing is made, and that
Tom Brady does not tell NRS to remove things/downgrade them/upgrade characters on a whim.
That's not how the process works.

There is a balancing reason for every change. To improve the game and to make each character competitive.
Tom is testing constantly and helping to improve the game for us, the players.

The only thing needed from the other poster was a source, since he started making these ridiculous and outlandish claims about Tom Brady.

It was he (ApokoLips) that used the name-calling, calling Tom Brady a bullshitting scrubby sandbagger, not me.

How could one even do that after all he has done for us players and MK in general is boggling the mind.

Being critical of Tom is good and sound, insulting is not.

Zebster

How's my volume?
I'm just going to stay out of this and say Smoke is going to be just fine after the patch. If the other players want to quit using Smoke because they lose some exploit then that's their problem. Other tournament players picking up or dropping Smoke has no influence on my opinion of him, and it shouldn't be to anyone else.

Kwon

---->----
If the other players want to quit using Smoke because they lose some exploit then that's their problem. Other tournament players picking up or dropping Smoke has no influence on my opinion of him, and it shouldn't be to anyone else.
Quite silly imo, since he'll still be competitive and still a good and robust character, but to each their own.
Some people can be a tad sheep-ish in their behavior though, following the pros, if the pros do it, so must i etc..

They should use their own judgement instead and use what they themselves enjoy, and not worry so much about what characters the pros use or not.

I sure won't stop using him. He will be just fine post-patch. :)

hardwire

Noob
I'm just going to stay out of this and say Smoke is going to be just fine after the patch. If the other players want to quit using Smoke because they lose some exploit then that's their problem. Other tournament players picking up or dropping Smoke has no influence on my opinion of him, and it shouldn't be to anyone else.
want to explain how its an exploit???

One definition of exploit: something unintended but still possible to do due to unforeseen problems or mistakes in coding, which is what the smoke bomb OTG is.
You have proof that it is unintended? Just because they remove it doesn't mean it wasn't intended.

Kwon

---->----
You have proof that it is unintended? Just because they remove it doesn't mean it wasn't intended.
Well, since they are removing it, it is proof that it isn't working as intended in their current vision.

If it was intended and he was supposed to have it from the get-go (ie this is how we want Smoke to perform), he would still have it and the OTG-Bomb would not be touched no matter what.

If they felt that the OTG-Bomb should be a mainstay in his arsenal, they would not even consider changing it at all.

We will just have to adapt to the new and revised Smoke! :)

Even if it was unintended, that's not sufficient reason to go ahead and take it out. I love smoke, but realistically he's the type of character who only goes down on the tier list. Being reactive rather than proactive in a fighting game is very dangerous, so his abare needs to be high. Bringing that down is going to be a serious blow to him.

"Exploits" are part of the game and rather than kicking and screaming whenever they show up, you should analyze and incorporate them. Fairly often they actually work out fine.

I feel like the MK community is too quick to call for patches to everything and is a bit scrubby when dealing with the options that each character has. Play to win, don't call everything you don't like cheap.

Even if it was unintended, that's not sufficient reason to go ahead and take it out. I love smoke, but realistically he's the type of character who only goes down on the tier list. Being reactive rather than proactive in a fighting game is very dangerous, so his abare needs to be high. Bringing that down is going to be a serious blow to him.

"Exploits" are part of the game and rather than kicking and screaming whenever they show up, you should analyze and incorporate them. Fairly often they actually work out fine.

I feel like the MK community is too quick to call for patches to everything and is a bit scrubby when dealing with the options that each character has. Play to win, don't call everything you don't like cheap.
i 2nd this

there are so many other things that need patches but they decide to patch a legit combo enhancer? I wouldnt really be that upset if smoke had more options but seriously wtf

Ghostal

Noob
One of the things they need to help smoke with is chip damage at range, because the smoke bomb does zero chip damage, and the teleport punch does 1%.

Smoke isn't supposed to be the type of character that can pressure at full screen. That was likely intentional. It also wouldn't really change much because smoke bomb can be avoided easily.

hardwire

Noob
Well, since they are removing it, it is proof that it isn't working as intended in their current vision.

If it was intended and he was supposed to have it from the get-go (ie this is how we want Smoke to perform), he would still have it and the OTG-Bomb would not be touched no matter what.

If they felt that the OTG-Bomb should be a mainstay in his arsenal, they would not even consider changing it at all.

We will just have to adapt to the new and revised Smoke! :)
ok here is the other thing

the only thing i have seen about them removing the otg smokebomb is from tom i have never seen any thing from nrs saying this

can some one send me that link prity please?