What's new

There needs to be a visual indication of when a cooldown is up

Would this be a good addition?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Heartwire

Awesomesauce
Accidentally voted no but should be yes.
As long as the enemy also sees the indicator.

Honestly though, I think if you main a certain character, wouldn't you eventually get the feel of when the cooldown runs out?

PwnStar

Noob
My Ice Aura with Unbreakable Sub-Zero lasts 10 seconds and I can feel when it's about to run out without any indicators whatsoever. If you can't feel a one-second cooldown then you need to level up.
Yours clearly has an indicator when it's over and it's a move that is not used to interact with the opponent directly...I don't think you know what you're talking about to insult people.

It's very frustrating to do a clone, get a combo without it and not be sure if you can end in a clone set up. Furthermore, it's REALLY bad if you get it wrong in neutral after one expires and get a super punishable b2 instead that you likely aren't ready to combo if it luckily hits.

We need an indicator. A glowing icon or something.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Gauges for stuff like this are pretty commonplace in fighters with characters that have mode-switches or puppet-control styles. I think if you've got cool down on a summon or something like that you should at least have a temporary gauge pop up for when the cool down starts, then it disappears when the cool down's over. Kinda standard stuff.

Doesn't make anything easier, really. Smoother, yeah.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
We should have a timer on the top of SZ's clone to know when it finishes that I can jump ! :D

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot
Jesus how much of a crutch do people need? I'm glad players need to be more accurate with their timing or risk being blown up. It's crazy how many kids I've slapped today because they have trouble counting in the single digits. If you think this is bad you should try Quake or even Halo.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Why? MK9 didn't have it, we did just fine. If we have an indicator for when the cool down is supposed to end, then we would need one for when the clone on screen is going to disappear as well. Which IMO is completely unnecessary. Think of it like this, in football, you don't wait until the play clock is about to tick to 1 to run your play. Why? because the opponent then gets a very visual indicator of when you're about to start and their blitz can get a jump on you. Make them earn that punish with a solid read, not a race to a tick on a timer.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Jesus how much of a crutch do people need? I'm glad players need to be more accurate with their timing or risk being blown up. It's crazy how many kids I've slapped today because they have trouble counting in the single digits. If you think this is bad you should try Quake or even Halo.
It changes absolutely nothing about how the game is played

SUPARNOVAX

Low tier? I was born in it, molded by it
Any sort of addition in this respect, even if it's just training mode would benefit things overall for people looking to improve their game. Why would anybody see this as a handicap? It's more of a quality of life improvement.

They could have hidden the stamina bar to blow up backdash monsters coming in from Injustice and Street Fighter, but it's there so you can coordinate and think.

Calling it a crutch is stretching when this could easily be a HUD indicator on the side like the stamina bars.

A lot of anime fighter characters have unique indicators for their own abilities.

Why would anybody think it would change the gameplay negatively? Maybe you should think a bit further down the line. These knee jerk responses are funny.

How is this proposal any different than what was already present in IGAU with cooldown indicators for traits?

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I say no because people should know the timing on their characters cooldown. It makes the oppenent also have to be wary of when you get your abilty back. If you know the timing better than your oppenent it grants you an advantage. The player with a better understanding should be rewarded.

Seriously there's enough easy shit in the game as it is. Why do we need to make it easier?

Hitoshura

Head Cage
I say no because people should know the timing on their characters cooldown. It makes the oppenent also have to be wary of when you get your abilty back. If you know the timing better than your oppenent it grants you an advantage. The player with a better understanding should be rewarded.

Seriously there's enough easy shit in the game as it is. Why do we need to make it easier?
Pretty much took the words out of my mouth. Thank you, @Scoot Magee

There are no indicators for charge moves in SF. You shouldn't need to rely on a visual indicator. Good players will know when it's up just by feel, and they will react to it faster than waiting to see a visual notification.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
There are no indicators for charge moves in SF. You shouldn't need to rely on a visual indicator. Good players will know when it's up just by feel, and they will react to it faster than waiting to see a visual notification.
there are already indicators for charge moves in MKX

making it typical isn't gamebreaking nor a crutch