What's new

The XBox One's Official Policies

XB1 in the same situation, loses all gaming functionality after 24 hrs.. Sure you can still use TV & DVD but when the system itself loses its main function.. It baffles me.. 24 hrs? Why not make it 1 week, 2 weeks? 24 hrs seems too rigid..

I am speculating on all of this, but my gut tells me that is one of the publishers requests.

7 days would mean that you could pirate a full game for 7 days, on a single player game that runs 10 hours of gameplay you grab a copy, install it, return it, disconnect from online and finish the game for free.

24 hours would require you to basically forgo doing anything else for that 24 hour period if you were inclined to finish a 10 hour game.

Have fun trying to get a signal when something catches fire.:joker:

If there is a problem severe enough that the cellphone infrastructure goes down, the regular land lines will also be down.

And if you are talking something smaller, like a localized fire to my home, I expect that fire damage is more likely to take out my landline than it is to somehow take down my cellphone.

Scarlett Viper

Let's begin the witching hour.
If there is a problem severe enough that the cellphone infrastructure goes down, the regular land lines will also be down.

And if you are talking something smaller, like a localized fire to my home, I expect that fire damage is more likely to take out my landline than it is to somehow take down my cellphone.
It was a joke and not really my mom's cell get's shitty reception all the time.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I'm not a fan of any of this shit really. Also I don't want a fucking kinnect, it sucks. We are forced to pay for some dumb shit added on with the console. What if my internet goes down? I'm fucked and cant play.

MS has the right to make the console how they want but we also have the right to not buy it. I just hope people exercise that right.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
I am speculating on all of this, but my gut tells me that is one of the publishers requests.

7 days would mean that you could pirate a full game for 7 days, on a single player game that runs 10 hours of gameplay you grab a copy, install it, return it, disconnect from online and finish the game for free.

24 hours would require you to basically forgo doing anything else for that 24 hour period if you were inclined to finish a 10 hour game.
So MS listens to publishers who are unhappy about losing money due to piracy...
People flame MS, people then turn on the publishers, and the real one affected is the one who just wants to sit down and play a fucking game?

Basically. I'm not saying the way this has been handled by MS was good btw. I think they blew the pooch with their release strategy. But I also think this is an inevitable turn in the entertainment industry.

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
Most of you guys have drunk the kool-aid just like the rest of the Internets...STAHP!

Sony and MS are going to be doing pretty much the same thing when it comes to DRM and preowned games. The console makers are created the hardware means to do what the publishers want. The EA's, the WB's, Activision, they have their demands and are to "blame" just as much as MS is, and how Sony will be.

I've been talking it up for weeks now, gaming is in the midst of an industrial shift; EVERYTHING WILL BE OK...and hopefully better overall.

If you don't like MS and the upcoming Xbox One, that is fine, but done hate on the console just because you think Sony will save you from this inevitable future. They will be doing the same thing...believe it.
DRM will come eventually like you and said, and yes it is inevitable. I understand how badly used games have hurt publishers which is why I dont mind if they do the no resell model (similar to iOS and steam). I just dont see the need for the console to prevent me from playing something I bought (New) just because I dont have internet.

wait so I cant take a game round to a friends house unless i add them 30 days in advance on xbla? sure that'll most likely happen but then I can only do that with one game? meh what a BS system why do they make it so hard for consumers wtf microsoft. So next gen is all about restricting us as much as possible. GG

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
wait so I cant take a game round to a friends house unless i add them 30 days in advance on xbla? sure that'll most likely happen but then I can only do that with one game? meh what a BS system why do they make it so hard for consumers wtf microsoft. So next gen is all about restricting us as much as possible. GG
Not just one game for you to share.. You can only share said game with ONE friend.. It's anti piracy- so you can't take your new game to all of your friends house and they can copy the game free and direct..
You and Fred love fighters - you got new injustice for XB1- you can bring your copy or have him friend listed for 30 days and he can play your IGAU..
You get the new Marvel fighter- same thing applies with Fred.. Share and play away..
You now can't share those 2 games with other friends.

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
Right now today and on the past..If you have power but no Internet for say 72 hrs.. You can still utilize the TV for dvd's, and gaming..(while you cannot access functions like Netflix or cable TV til Internet is restored) the TV can still be used for parts of its natural function..

XB1 in the same situation, loses all gaming functionality after 24 hrs.. Sure you can still use TV & DVD but when the system itself loses its main function.. It baffles me.. 24 hrs? Why not make it 1 week, 2 weeks? 24 hrs seems too rigid..
Or not having a limit at all because you OWN it. You didnt rent it, you bought it

It is a monitoring device you can play games on. Not even Killer Instinct is a sweet enough candy to make me want to surrender my civil liberties. Although most of us own a smartphone and are on PC's as it is and those are monitoring devices as well.....

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
Not just one game for you to share.. You can only share said game with ONE friend.. It's anti piracy- so you can't take your new game to all of your friends house and they can copy the game free and direct..
You and Fred love fighters - you got new injustice for XB1- you can bring your copy or have him friend listed for 30 days and he can play your IGAU..
You get the new Marvel fighter- same thing applies with Fred.. Share and play away..

Dont forget the part that Fred will be using your account and he will need internet for every 60mns ;)

you just described how me and 2 mates buy our games to...i got IGAU and my friend got persona and marvel....

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
I don't know man.... What if it does?
I really hope Ps4 just keeps it simple. I mean... it would be hard for them to drop the ball. They wont have much competition unless Microsoft changes their game plan. If it is similar I will just stick with Ps4 anyways because it will most likely be cheaper. :p

Stuck

Mid Tier Whore. 1 combo and a dream.
I know it is easy to throw MS under the bus right now. Truth is, all of this DRM stuff are publishers ideas. At some point discs will not be available...at all. Developers want this to protect them. I feel for people in less developed parts of the world. They are going to suffer through the DRM shenanigans.

I believe it is laughable to think that publishers will DRM MS, but not PS4. If it turns out that way, I will be extremely shocked.

I know the FGC is predominately PS users, but IMO XBL destroys PSN in every way possible. Yes I have a PS3. As a consumer, always online effects me in a positive way. The azure cloud network has me super excited as it will only improve online play exponentially... i hope. I'm a big time shooter fan and if you think input delay sucks, you should get shot 3 feet after turning a corner 0n BS P2P games.

I'll be an early XB1 adopter, and I was really impressed with the PS4 reveal. I'm interested in seeing what e3 has to showcase.

As for the people that are scared of the kinect for personal security reasons, quit being a dumb ass and throw your cell phone in the trash. You have being carrying a surveillance device around for years.

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
I know it is easy to throw MS under the bus right now. Truth is, all of this DRM stuff are publishers ideas. At some point discs will not be available...at all. Developers want this to protect them. I feel for people in less developed parts of the world. They are going to suffer through the DRM shenanigans.

I believe it is laughable to think that publishers will DRM MS, but not PS4. If it turns out that way, I will be extremely shocked.

I know the FGC is predominately PS users, but IMO XBL destroys PSN in every way possible. Yes I have a PS3. As a consumer, always online effects me in a positive way. The azure cloud network has me super excited as it will only improve online play exponentially... i hope. I'm a big time shooter fan and if you think input delay sucks, you should get shot 3 feet after turning a corner 0n BS P2P games.

I'll be an early XB1 adopter, and I was really impressed with the PS4 reveal. I'm interested in seeing what e3 has to showcase.

As for the people that are scared of the kinect for personal security reasons, quit being a dumb ass and throw your cell phone in the trash. You have being carrying a surveillance device around for years.
I am also a big time shooter fan so I know exactly what you are talking about. I still think that if Ps4 doesn't adopt some of these things I will buy that.