What's new

Guide - Wrestler THE Wrestler Guide

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
My unique spin on the character is throwing in Energy Wave during my pressure when my opponent least expects it. F2 Energy Wave, D4 Energy Wave, B3 Energy Wave, 12 Energy Wave have all worked well for me in maintaining plus frames and cracking an opponents defense.

Parasurama

Dragon
My unique spin on the character is throwing in Energy Wave during my pressure when my opponent least expects it. F2 Energy Wave, D4 Energy Wave, B3 Energy Wave, 12 Energy Wave have all worked well for me in maintaining plus frames and cracking an opponents defense.

On a read or perhaps good reactions, they could full combo with a fast starter though?

eexcaliburr

Ancestors... oh, nevermind
On a read or perhaps good reactions, they could full combo with a fast starter though?
It's possible with some EW-cancels with big gapes, but you always have a chance to confuse opp and get plus frames.
These are safe (opponent can insert armor, backdash, low poke): b1, b3, b34, f2 ~EW.
These are completely safe (true blockstrings): 3, 4 ~EW

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
Great players can definitely react, but you can always choose to do gotcha grab or just finish the strings and catch ppl pressing buttons.

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace
Yeah there's some things I didn't put in the guide because I didn't want to make it seem like you can abuse some of the stuff so I just listed off examples of possible options and that you could use them. For example, pressing buttons after Gotcha grab can work sometimes if the opponent doesn't react fast enough or press a good enough button but at the same time you can't abuse it cuz you still ARE negative. I just didn't want someone new to Jax to read something like that and be like "wtf why isn't this working for me?"

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace
@Parasurama for the sub match-up picking Pumped Up is essentially making the best out of a bad situation. Typically against Jax, Sub can mindlessly throw out Klone but with PU the ground pound doesn't give a shit about the Klone. At certain distances on the screen and if the timing is right ground pound can low profile the ice ball and Ex gotcha is good if a sub jumps in. The reason I gave Wrestler as a possibility is because his options are more diverse, he has less gaps, and it's easier for you to stay safe. Your biggest concern against Sub is Ex slide. But in the corner that's a big risk because not only is it unsafe but in the corner that's a full meterless punish for Jax. Wrestler has the ability to dominate most characters in the corner