What's new

Video/Tutorial The Wrath of Billy Batson: A Shazam Combo Video

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
Yo. Check out my latest combo video featuring everyone's favorite low tier hero. Obviously, some of these are high meter and situational, but they involve high damage punishes and great stage setups. Let me know if you are entertained.

-Maximum damage combos, including interactables
-Multiple nearly inescapable setups and resets
-Combo into trait and continue combo
-Resets leading to 80%+ damage
-Deal 50-60%+ for 2 bars of meter

Note: This is a combo video--not a tutorial. It's supposed to be entertaining.

Last edited:

Rodrigue

Spongerod
These are nice but you can get way more than that using 2 bars without interactables and backgrounds.
You should never use d2 as a starter or mid combo because, in case you didn't know, it scales the damage tremendously. So does the laser in fortress of solitude and the pipe in the asylum. So you're basically depleting your meter for half the damage it's supposed to inflict.
You should try these bnbs:
-ji2 f223 2 db1MB 3 dbf1MB b3 db1 51% (55% with trait)
-ji3 2 db1MB 3 dbf1MB b3 db1 55% (59% with trait)
-ji3 3 dbf1MB b3 ji3 db1MB 2 db1 56% (62% with trait)

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
Nice. Yeah. I only use the D2 starter in the combo b/c I landed 3 of them and it looks awesome. It's also his only viable anti-air option. I was going for his flashiest, decently practical combos. I also did most of the combos you listed there, save for the standing 2s--which I'll definitely try out. J3 isn't always a reliable starter, but in some instances it's amazing.

As for the the Laser in Fortress, I used it because it allows you to combo into trait--probably would've done more damage to not use it, but then it would've been your usual corner combo tutorial--and we've got a lot of those. Also, in the ice pipe in Asylum I reset the combo after the F22--ends up being like 46% for one meter. It's his typical reset combo.

Thanks for the feedback.

Last edited:

Rodrigue

Spongerod
No problem man. I noticed the resets and everything. The ji3 starters are very easy to land actually. Go to the lab and practice them because they are a bit tight on the timing

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
No problem man. I noticed the resets and everything. The ji3 starters are very easy to land actually. Go to the lab and practice them because they are a bit tight on the timing
I meant situation-wise. Yeah I don't have problem landing them, I just don't like using a J3 starter unless Im going to stuff someone's wakeup attack--like the combo vs Green Arrow in the batcave. That combo is nuts difficult to land but it's excellent for damage and looking awesome haha.

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
A few complaints. One you not tagging me :(. JK JK. But one thing i would have to say is good shit on some of the combos. The one where you do the two D2's in the corner i feel like you could have gotten more damage if you just went into 112 combo. Also When you freeze them you should activate Trait First then for for the Ji2 F22 reset. But still good shit on some of the combos

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
A few complaints. One you not tagging me :(. JK JK. But one thing i would have to say is good shit on some of the combos. The one where you do the two D2's in the corner i feel like you could have gotten more damage if you just went into 112 combo. Also When you freeze them you should activate Trait First then for for the Ji2 F22 reset. But still good shit on some of the combos
Totally agree about trait for the freeze combo.

As for the D2's in the corner, I wanted to see if I could combo off of 3 D2's--but yeah 112 wouldve totally been more damage, but I had enough of those combos in the video. Thanks bro. I'm tagging you now b/c you were so nice :p

SZSR

Noob
Oh, you were the shazam from Defend the North!

These are pretty cool, I especially like all your interactable conversions and enders like b2, 3 off of Batcave rockets. Something I haven't been a big fan of is j3, AC but you seem to be fine with doing it so I think i'll try to add some of those combos to my repertoire. All in all great video.

Though, can't say I was a fan of the music.

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
Oh, you were the shazam from Defend the North!

These are pretty cool, I especially like all your interactable conversions and enders like b2, 3 off of Batcave rockets. Something I haven't been a big fan of is j3, AC but you seem to be fine with doing it so I think i'll try to add some of those combos to my repertoire. All in all great video.

Though, can't say I was a fan of the music.
lol thanks man. For even more damage you can do J3, st 3, HM instead of J3, AC.

I knew the music was gonna be polarizing. I wanted the most brutal music possible for Shazam to find his retribution haha.

Indecisive

lol thanks man. For even more damage you can do J3, st 3, HM instead of J3, AC.

I knew the music was gonna be polarizing. I wanted the most brutal music possible for Shazam to find his retribution haha.
I thought the Music was fine. Also i saw you at DTN. From what i could tell you were nervous.

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
I thought the Music was fine. Also i saw you at DTN. From what i could tell you were nervous.
For casuals I was playing just fine. I also did fine in my pool until Rico put me in losers. For my stream match vs 7L I was pissed as hell. I wanted to run Sinestro vs him b/c it's a way better matchup--but I've been playing so much Shazam lately I had some stupid false confidence. I played him in casuals w/ 'Nestro right afterwards and we went dead even--so it's whatever.

That's what sucks about playing 2 characters--sometimes you choose the wrong one.

Indecisive

For casuals I was playing just fine. I also did fine in my pool until Rico put me in losers. For my stream match vs 7L I was pissed as hell. I wanted to run Sinestro vs him b/c it's a way better matchup--but I've been playing so much Shazam lately I had some stupid false confidence. I played him in casuals w/ 'Nestro right afterwards and we went dead even--so it's whatever.

That's what sucks about playing 2 characters--sometimes you choose the wrong one.
Don't pick Shazam against Green Arrow. MU is a 6-4 GA favor. But its one of those shitty 6-4's Back Shot is such a pain.

SZSR

Noob

Until some new Tech arises that makes the Shazam - BA MU 5-5 or even 4-6, I think we should avoid playing that MU in tourney. It's just not worth it.

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
Until some new Tech arises that makes the Shazam - BA MU 5-5 or even 4-6, I think we should avoid playing that MU in tourney. It's just not worth it.
Nah I played Sinestro vs Rico. I lost, 2-0 but neither was a blowout at all. I didn't feel bad about it for sure.

SZSR

Noob
Nah I played Sinestro vs Rico. I lost, 2-0 but neither was a blowout at all. I didn't feel bad about it for sure.
Oh didn't know you went Sinestro for him. Never mind with that.
Do you mean GA?
No, I meant BA, I kinda assumed he played Shazam for most of the matches. GA is awkward for me to fight, but I haven't played against him much. Can't say anything about that MU with confidence.

Indecisive

Oh didn't know you went Sinestro for him. Never mind with that.

No, I meant BA, I kinda assumed he played Shazam for most of the matches. GA is awkward for me to fight, but I haven't played against him much. Can't say anything about that MU with confidence.
Shazam BA is a 6-4 BA. Its not that bad actually.

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
BA vs Shazam isn't THAT bad once you get some momentum. But it's not ideal for sure--he can just run, zone, footdive.

Green Arrow on the otherhand, doesnt have to do anything at all. He can just wait to punish you with d1, ice arrow or the jump-back arrow special he has. He doesn't ever have to go in. I assumed 7L was going to play aggressively, but he didn't... at all. I'm kicking myself for not switching to Sinestro.

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
Try playing 30!

I liked the video, didn't get to watch it with sound but I still enjoyed it. Sucks seeing Billy killed by Superman again =[
Glad you liked it. I mean, I play a few characters--but really only Sinestro and Shazam for tournaments. Unless I'm facing Grundy, then it's GL lameness all the way.