What's new

The Woolay Show Ep2 Archive. Curbo, Death, Mamalicous, plus After Show w JamesMk, MLG Adam, Triforce

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
As always, thanks for the MP3!

Death Claude VonStroke

The 13 ex fb does give you the option to use the fb trap after a nutpunch with jump in on ermac, but there are a few issues. It does less chip (slightly) and cannot during pressure on block confirms like you can with f33.

The biggest problem with it though, is that on hit both forceballs whiff and you can be punished for it big time. Uppercut is easy but you can also full combo punish it with some precision.

It can still be used sparingly though, you only risk getting punished for it if you do it off every jump in (being predictable)

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
As always, thanks for the MP3!

Death Claude VonStroke

The 13 ex fb does give you the option to use the fb trap after a nutpunch with jump in on ermac, but there are a few issues. It does less chip (slightly) and cannot during pressure on block confirms like you can with f33.

The biggest problem with it though, is that on hit both forceballs whiff and you can be punished for it big time. Uppercut is easy but you can also full combo punish it with some precision.

It can still be used sparingly though, you only risk getting punished for it if you do it off every jump in (being predictable)
Thanks for the tip Dizzy. So after a nut punch, when you cross over and jip you can't jail the 13 en fb?

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
You can, but if the opponent takes the hit from 13, both hits of the fb whiff while the opponent is recovering from the 13. This is because 13 on hit puts them in a crouching state (they are leaning over holding their stomach) and the forceballs hit high

The opponent recovers significantly faster than johnny cage and can punish him for getting hit by the string.

All is well if they block it tho. So it only comes into play if the reptile or ermac is very familiar with the jc matchup.

Claude VonStroke

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
You can, but if the opponent takes the hit from 13, both hits of the fb whiff while the opponent is recovering from the 13. This is because 13 on hit puts them in a crouching state (they are leaning over holding their stomach) and the forceballs hit high

The opponent recovers significantly faster than johnny cage and can punish him for getting hit by the string.

All is well if they block it tho. So it only comes into play if the reptile or ermac is very familiar with the jc matchup.

Claude VonStroke
Full combo punish from Ermac actually. I was using this when i was playing against Cimmerian's JC 4 months ago. He stopped using it frequently once he got hit with 40+% dmg combos. I have mentioned this in the Ermac forum also, just need to find the post though. Thnx for bringing that up again Dizzy.