What's new

Strategy THE WIZARDS WARRIORS: Shazam Mains Unite/Strat discussion

Donovan

Main: Nightwing Alt: Shazam
Shazam will definately be my main add me to the list too. I might not be that much help to anyone since Injustice will be my first fighting game but i'm here to learn.

Even though I'm a huge Netherrealm newbie and don't understand the game well enough yet I have been 100% sure that Shazam will be my main from the moment I saw him. So please add me to the list and i'll try to be of some help when I get things down

Donovan

Main: Nightwing Alt: Shazam
Thinking about making Shazam an alt to my Nightwing that DBF1 is a major pain in the ass.

iMLGzus

Venom Addict/Space Pope
Got my top 3 set in stone at this point. Created the Bane player forum so of course I'm on there, I put my name in the Arrow forum, and I came to add myself to the list of Earth's Mightiest Mortal Mainers.

PSN - Worlds8thWonder

1)Bane
2)Arrow
3)Shazam

Hit me up if you Shazammys wanna learn either match-up or the mirror ^_^

GGA Fill Pops

The Ultimate Bastich
ok Earth's mightiest Mortal Mainers, i guess no one is posting strats in here but me. lol anyways here is a vid i made yesterday showing off a great BnB, B2 shannanagans, 22 50/50 set ups, corner stuff and more. i noticed after watching it my self i did mess up and say "jump in, 22" alot but i meant jump in 2, 22. hope this helps all of you out, i should be putting up a new vid showing a new setup/trap soon.
Phase 3
Mikemetroid
subzerosmokerain
FrothyOmen
Karried
CCVengeance
SHAZAM!!!

poofynamanama2

SHAZAAAAAAAAM
my xbl is amunday123 if anyone wants to play, I need more people to play with :D

my main is shazam with nightwing and flash and secondaries. I also dabble with superman, hawkgirl, and black adam

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
ok Earth's mightiest Mortal Mainers, i guess no one is posting strats in here but me.
I thought this was a thread to post if you were maining him, didn't know it was the strategy thread! Confusing name!

Good video, covers a lot of bases.

Here I'll post some of the videos that I have made, I posted them in general discussion already though:

Crossup Atlas Torpedo Setup 1:

Crossup Atlas Torpedo Setup 2:

Combo off of AA B2:

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
ok Earth's mightiest Mortal Mainers, i guess no one is posting strats in here but me. lol anyways here is a vid i made yesterday showing off a great BnB, B2 shannanagans, 22 50/50 set ups, corner stuff and more. i noticed after watching it my self i did mess up and say "jump in, 22" alot but i meant jump in 2, 22. hope this helps all of you out, i should be putting up a new vid showing a new setup/trap soon.
Phase 3
Mikemetroid
subzerosmokerain
FrothyOmen
Karried
CCVengeance
SHAZAM!!!
STORMS This is a great video that should be frontpaged!

Yaysian

#putsmokeinmkx
How are you guys dealing with the Batman matchup? Playing against competent players and top players who play Batman is absolutely horrible. Batman can pressure you for free and blow you up even you attempt to punish anything. I think he counters Shazam due to how safe he is and how much faster his normals come out. Not to mention the zoning and rushdown Batman possesses.

GGA Fill Pops

The Ultimate Bastich
Thoughts on Shazam vs Deathstroke?
Just wait. And dash even though its hard to get in you can. I still need match up experiance. But dont under estimate him cuz hes really good up close and his low combo starter beats out torpedo on wake up often. Hit tht damage. Blockstring 50/50 try to keep him close byending combos with AC or a sweep and block wake ups idk if his flip wake up is punishable. Also i play a long set vs Vagrant yesterday and he let me know tht if he hits u with a sword flip he gets a free low gun shot so block tht.

Vagrant

Noob
Yeah sword flip leads to untechable knockdown so the low gun shot is free. From the exp I've had playing this matchup early on its surprisingly close between them. Shaz can hold his own versus deathstroke more so than I thought he would be able to.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
Ya its sad to say but I played SOT Semi Evil Ryu in casuals. Wd must have played 25 games and I won 1 it was bad I definatly need to play him more his batman is dope
The fact that Batman has TWO types of projectiles that travel horizontally and he has so much freedom on when to use them makes him tough for any character that cannot rely on pure zoning. I haven't played against Shazam much at all, but I believe that he fits this bill.

Sneak

Noob
Can't remember if I mentioned it or not yet but a good midscreen mixup that has been working for me alot is conditioning people to crouch under shazam's projectile and then landing an overhead torpedo and ex'ing it to start up the vortex.

Also here is a match from the tournament I attended in VA. Unfortunately my match vs mr aquaman wasn't recorded but here is some footage starting at 1:35:00

http://www.twitch.tv/neoxianwu/b/397039345

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated