What's new

The Winter Brawl 8 Hype and Updates Thread

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
There's a popoff etiquette now? Just suck it up and shake the guy's hand.
Handshake isn't required; if you look for it after the match that's cool, but it's not necessary for someone to wait for you if you want to pop off for 15 minutes after the win.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
That Lobo player needs to learn how to lose like a fucking man and get the sand out of her vagina. what a little bitch
Oxygen extended his hand TWO times before the start of the first match and Glassword didn't react, then at the end of the matches he do the same but Glassword didn't react and proceed to pop off. I think Glassword should have been more polite instead of being so inmerse in the matches, like if he were fighting the CPU and not a person.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Why not? Isn't it *their* moment, because they just won?
Yeah it is, but that doesnt mean you have to wait for them to have their moment just to shake their hand.

I always put my hand out after a game win or lose, but I surely wouldnt wait for someone to popoff for 15 minutes just to shake their hand.

coolwhip

Noob
Handshake isn't required; if you look for it after the match that's cool, but it's not necessary for someone to wait for you if you want to pop off for 15 minutes after the win.
I agree that it's not required. It's not like we'll find it in the rules. But that doesn't mean people shouldn't do it.

Minh Giang

aka ChrsitianDMG on Stream
i missed pool 6, 7, 8 and top 16, someone plz tell me what happened! #BibleThump
and do you guys still want to see nude Rico pics? :DOGE

Cause it makes all the sense in the world to get the handshake out of the way early whereas making someone wait, especially for an indirect pop off, doesn't?
Meh, I prefer the genuine burst of emotion.

The entry fee doesn't say to give your opponent some time to gloat before you shake there hand.
....pretty sure the entry fee doesn't say a lot of things.

EDIT:

glass sword denied oxygen's handshake TWICE before the match. oxygen denies handshake after match and gets popped off on and you guys are trying to blow him up lol.
This I didn't see though. That changes things.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
15 minutes is a bit of an exaggeration, don't you think? It was probably somewhere between 15 and 45 seconds
Lets be real here. You just lost a hard fought set to get in to top 8. You are probably angry and disappointed, but you go to shake the guys hand anyway. Then you see the other guy start to popoff. Are you really going to sit there and watch him gloat about beating you, just so you can shake his hand.

You guys are blowing this way out of proportion. If he had slapped Glass Sword's hand away that would be different, but not waiting around to shake his hand is perfectly acceptable and is what most people would do.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
Yeah, I didn't mean a literal 15 minutes :confused:
exactly, he could've waited the extra few seconds and let sword have his moment and shook his hand after. I see where he's coming from though, being so close in your first appearance yet so far. At least he's friends with TTG though :)

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
Lets be real here. You just lost a hard fought set to get in to top 8. You are probably angry and disappointed, but you go to shake the guys hand anyway. Then you see the other guy start to popoff. Are you really going to sit there and watch him gloat about beating you, just so you can shake his hand.

You guys are blowing this way out of proportion. If he had slapped Glass Sword's hand away that would be different, but not waiting around to shake his hand is perfectly acceptable and is what most people would do.
I didn't ever disagree with that first bit about being emo, I'm not shitting on the guy at all. I'm just saying it wasn't that long of a popoff, and he could've easily waited

coolwhip

Noob
glass sword denied oxygen's handshake TWICE before the match. oxygen denies handshake after match and gets popped off on and you guys are trying to blow him up lol.
Did this really happen? If so why the hell would Sword not shake his hand before the match?