What's new

The WE WANT DOOMSDAY Thread.

omooba

fear the moobs
wait wait wait hol up... low demon is reactable? and scorpion's overhead is react-able? this is news to me

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Character may not have been OP but earth shaker was stupid and I don't want it back.
Well I'm sure a ton of people don't want Bane's "smother you with armor" strategy to come back but guess what he's back. You can have slight changes to a character and still keep faithful. Example, maybe earth shaker hits mid-low but now its frames are better. Something simple as that.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
I'm aware the ambiguous shit was widespread but his body splash covered like 1/4 of the screen and any part could hit you...some Ambiguous stuff you kinda can get a hunch but with Doomsday, it's just praying you block correctly.

Earthshaker was a bitch from my experience. D1~earthshaker bodied characters with poor wakeups. I played Batman so I was a victim. Hated that shit.
Doomsdays jump was floaty enough you could dash out from underneath it to avoid that guess. Again, having a poor wake up has nothing to do with whether or not D1xxES bodied you or not, that is entirely dependant on whether or not you could block earthshaker. You get out of D1xxES by just blocking it, and yes, offline it was blocked reliably. Also Batman can just parry the D1 if you REALLY dont want to just block, and he still had invincible slide on wake up if you read him pressing a button and not baiting it.

Seriously Doomsday is so simple that the only realy thing you had to learn in the match up is how to block earthshaker and how best to deal with his trait (blocking until it goes away is still an option) but it looks like most people are just going to hate ES til the end. Thats cool tho, I can block it and I really enjoy playing against Doomsday because its such good practice for my defense in general

Doomsday is pretty fair in my eyes it burns me to say this but if he's that big of a problem to you get good
not nearly as bad as early superman or batgirl

Mmmm I love me some batgirl can't wait for Poison Ivy

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
Doomsday is a fundamental character and his mix ups are fair. Respect the plus frames on mb shoulder, learn to block earthshaker, tech throws on reaction, and dont jump... its the scrub test 101 which is why people hate him so much

Absolutely needs to be in.
You know there's a problem when you don't know whether this post is serious or not.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
We should also probably acknowledge that saying "He wasn't nearly as bad as characters that made Marvel players blush" isn't a good argument to justify him being the same way in Injustice 2 as he was in Injustice 1

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Doomsday is a fundamental character and his mix ups are fair. Respect the plus frames on mb shoulder, learn to block earthshaker, tech throws on reaction, and dont jump... its the scrub test 101 which is why people hate him so much

Absolutely needs to be in.
Wait...wut?

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I like you, but I'm voting this worst post of 2017. Early candidate.

If Paulo has any vision left he would blackball Doomsday worse than Khrome.
Khromesday would be the ultimate villain...

Go with this design and just make the black, red and yellow - light blue, silver and white...

Last edited:

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
I don't know which trait I enjoyed fighting against more; his, or Aquaman's.

E

Eldriken

Does saying something is stupid mean something else is not stupid? There's a lot of shit I don't want back because of how obnoxious they were.
No. I'm just saying that Earth Shake wasn't anywhere near as bad as people say it is. At all.