What's new

The Underrated Food Thread

Eh SnOwY

PC FGC
MK9-SnOwY what is that? is it a sweet dish or what?
"Mämmi is made from water, rye flour, and powdered malted rye, seasoned with dark molasses, salt, and dried powdered Seville orange zest. The mixture is then allowed to go through a slow natural sweetening process before being baked in an oven until set. Preparation takes many hours,

Generally mämmi is eaten cold with either milk or cream and sugar, and less commonly with vanilla sauce"

Got this from wikipedia :D

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
shrimp in coconut sauce
in the right sauce because i have tasted bad sauce before its the best, most underrated chinese food ever. you wont get this at a chinese take-out.

Flagg

Noob
Crathen is correct, European food is far, far superior to anything else, elsewhere.

I love cooking, and usually use parmigiano in things like home made pesto.

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
Crathen is correct, European food is far, far superior to anything else, elsewhere.

I love cooking, and usually use parmigiano in things like home made pesto.
If you're talking about the restaurant food, it's hella expensive at some of them. I'm talking $300+.

I also <3 cooking, a bit off-topic, but I'm half way through my first year of apprenticeship in Culinary Arts.

Also, Dragonfruit is freakin' amazing.

Flagg

Noob
If you're talking about the restaurant food, it's hella expensive at some of them. I'm talking $300+.

I also <3 cooking, a bit off-topic, but I'm half way through my first year of apprenticeship in Culinary Arts.

Also, Dragonfruit is freakin' amazing.
Where are you from Squeaker? I should have really said that European food was better than North American and Australia. South America, Russia, India, China, Japan and many more places have some really exotic dishes.

Restaurant food is generally expensive everywhere, what I like are local dishes and foods associated with certain geographic areas. Big fan of cooking shows.

SPOKESY

Noob
Cheese and jam on toast. Personal favourite is using a seeded batch loaf, strong mature cheddar (sliced and not melted) and strawberry jam.

Don't knock it until you've tried it.....yummy :)

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
Where are you from Squeaker? I should have really said that European food was better than North American and Australia. South America, Russia, India, China, Japan and many more places have some really exotic dishes.

Restaurant food is generally expensive everywhere, what I like are local dishes and foods associated with certain geographic areas. Big fan of cooking shows.
I'm from Canada haha. Yea, whenever I have a chance to eat out I try to go to foreign restaurants.

So like local restaurants? I've never really been to one to my knowledge, I'll have to google just to be sure though. I don't mind cooking shows, though there isn't much you can take from them cooking wise. (The ones here anyways) I like Dines, Drive-Ins, & Dives though.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Taco Bells Volcano Buritto is amazing, surprised no one ever mentions it.

INB4 Tim Static's hipster tastes buds comes in here and says Taco Bell is terrible.

I think lots of red meats outside of beef are pretty underrated. But, it's MERRICUA.

I love Coconut Water, and Coconut by itself is pretty delish.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
I'm not sure if this is underrated or not, but I love me some Thai food. Salty, spicy, sweet, sour and awesome! Especially love me some green curry with chicken.

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
I make my own BBQ sauce that utilizes Raspberries. You know how amazing that tastes on ribs?

I kRy evErTim ;_;

cedenike

lethargic member
i've seen this at the walmart i work at in canada (recently started importing uk stuffs) kinda curious

all i really want though is cornbread, rarely find it around here, except at whole foods but they clearly aren't using lard, which is of course what makes it perfect