What's new

The Ultimate Black Canary Guide(Updated 8-23-17)

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I've had quite a bit of success with ending in d3 and doing a jump back into canary drop.

You can make it hit either front on or crossup and it's even more ambiguous than the 33 setup.

eg;

db2(mb), b3, j2, j2, d3, jump back db2(close or regular)

Obviously, it's still weak to delayed wakeup, but it's an option when you don't have cry. Allows you to loop it at least.

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
I've had quite a bit of success with ending in d3 and doing a jump back into canary drop.

You can make it hit either front on or crossup and it's even more ambiguous than the 33 setup.

eg;

db2(mb), b3, j2, j2, d3, jump back db2(close or regular)

Obviously, it's still weak to delayed wakeup, but it's an option when you don't have cry. Allows you to loop it at least.
Oooohhh sounds nice !

PoweredbyProtein

Eternal student
Cool. I'm gonna wait a few more days and get a couple more games in to add anything like that to this guide. But there is a community spreadsheet where anything new or useful is found gets posted there as well. Not sure how many ppl actually playing her that are lab monsters rn.
Is that on the discord? Mind if I get an invite?

Adolfo

Noob
Anyone know how handspring works it's like 60% of the time I get got trying to avoid projectiles. I'm trying to figure out how to best find it but it seems to vary.

pH34rZ

Noob
I'm still trying to understand what to do in neutral.
We dont have any fast - long reaching attacks and most if not all of our combo starters are unsafe.
Mostly I see myself jumping waaaay to much because everyone just holds back and whiff punish me...

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
This one also blows up Captain Cold, Wonder Woman, Gorilla Grodd and prob more

--
Pretty sure this one works on MOST of the cast, and the people it doesn't work on either lose to dash d3 or the one I posted above.

put these in it's own separate thread so the guide wont' get cluttered