What's new

The TYM "What are you listening to?" Thread

MTV in the background, sorta.... last track I listened to was Go Getta by Young Jeezy feat. R Kelly.

EDIT: My loud ass fans in my rig too lol, I got fans that can start a small tropical storm in my room.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
You're becoming an Alanis Junkie ILP.

Lately, I've been listening to a LOT of Type O Negative. Their new album is starting to grow on me.

"Dead Again"

Favorite songs right now are September Sun and Hail and Farewell to Britain

gsp1179 said:
Ahh, Dragonforce. The cheesiest band in existance.

What kind of reaction do you expect from that? Everyone's taste is different and just because YOU think a band is "cheesy" doesn't mean anything. I do not know why you would post that flamebait on a friendly community website, let alone a topic where the creator specifically said NO SPAM. People's favorite music is a very important part of their lives and I KNOW you did not expect a "friendly" response to that.

But really, I don't like a lot of music INCLUDING Hybrid, but I don't go out and try to convince people who like it that it's "cheesy". Everyone listens to music differently. Maybe if it was a band with a small fanbase that gets thrown out of clubs then your statement would be worth posting, but I just don't understand.

Spread the love of music or keep quiet. If you like a band someone listens to then cool, talk about it. If not then it is a subject easier to argue about than politics.

Lets not have this thread turn into a "my taste in music is better than yours" arguement whenever someone posts a band you don't like. Nobody's music preference is "better" than another's so lets not even go there.

Since when is "cheesy" synonymous with "bad"?

No need to react like I insulted you personally... I like Dragonforce. I like lots of power metal actually.

Don't take music so seriously man. It isn't that big of a deal, I get shit for what I listen to all the time and I just take it in stride.

Also, isn't your recommendation of Dragonforce (and linking to them on Youtube) considered spam then too?

Right now I am listening to the unstoppable sound of snoring not even a tornado siren would be heard over it.

By the way GSP, perhaps you should know what cheesy means before you use the term so "loosely" then?

Cheesy means: Trying too hard, tacked on, poor quality etc. AKA BAD. Feel free to look it up for yourself. :wink:

edit: I dont believe my link to the df song was spam, since it was in the same post where I said what I was listening to? Correct me if i'm wrong.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
None of this changes that Type O Negative might just be the greatest band in the history of mankind. :twisted:

Derek

Noob
Shock said:
None of this changes that Type O Negative might just be the greatest band in the history of mankind. :twisted:
I want to just rip that post apart, but that'd be rude. Shock I disagree with you however I still respect your opinion. That aside. . .

Battery - Metallica

l SuGaR l said:
Shock said:
I want to just rip that post apart, but that'd be rude. Shock I disagree with you however I still respect your opinion. That aside. . .

Battery - Metallica
I kinda agree with Sugar's stance exactly.. but anyway.

A Global Threat ftw.

Shock said:
You're becoming an Alanis Junkie ILP
Yes you have got me into it quite some bit? i guess i usually listen it her while i wakl to school and home from school, which is an hour walk total

Shock said:
They might have been the greatest band of there time but not of mankind.

Shock said:
If by type 0 negative, you mean tech n9ne, and by band you mean rapper then yes type O negative is the greatest band ever

Keep of Kalessin - Agnen: A Journey Through the Dark
Sabbat - The Devil's Sperm is Cold
Bethlehem - Dark Metal
Mayhem - De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas
Witches Hammer - Canadian Speed Metal