What's new

The TYM "What are you listening to?" Thread

ZeroSymbolic

Social Justice Barbarian
FInger style?
Yes I can do it finger style, but I personally do prefer to play with a pick. I've been playing death, doom, and thrash for a long time. I can do about anything in 4/4. The stuff that throws me off are odd-times in prog-metal, but I'm not really trying to be that kind of musician.

xKMMx

Banned
Yes I can do it finger style, but I personally do prefer to play with a pick. I've been playing death, doom, and thrash for a long time. I can do about anything in 4/4. The stuff that throws me off are odd-times in prog-metal, but I'm not really trying to be that kind of musician.
That's pretty impressive. Now hears my point about Alex. Much of the material from beyond the Vile album is gonna be insanely difficult compared to Chris Barnes era. Lots of meter shifting and some odd time signatures at high speeds. I hope like hell your not thinking he's not the best deathmetal bassist of all time lol.

Agilaz

It has begun

This came up on Spotify today while I was listening to some NiN. I love this version so much more than the original (even though I do like the original) because it's so much more fitting with the theme.

ZeroSymbolic

Social Justice Barbarian
That's pretty impressive. Now hears my point about Alex. Much of the material from beyond the Vile album is gonna be insanely difficult compared to Chris Barnes era. Lots of meter shifting and some odd time signatures at high speeds. I hope like hell your not thinking he's not the best deathmetal bassist of all time lol.
Alex is very very good, but I mean when he played the gig I was at he literally never looked up, and as a death metal bassist myself seeing him for the first time I was hoping for even a small interaction. The music was tight the performance was lacking. Cattle Decap blew them off the stage.

Best death metal bassist of all time? Definitely in the talk, but I prefer to listen to Jo Bench. Not as much of a technician but her tone and riffing just work for me. I think Steve Digiorgio is a better technician.

xKMMx

Banned
Alex is very very good, but I mean when he played the gig I was at he literally never looked up, and as a death metal bassist myself seeing him for the first time I was hoping for even a small interaction. The music was tight the performance was lacking. Cattle Decap blew them off the stage.
[/QUOTE

I can see your point. Cannibal has always been that way though and I think that's a huge part of their appeal. THey just take their positions and get that head bang going and its all about the music. They would look ridiculous running around the stage

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous

Can't stop watching this... around 1:33 is the best popping I have ever seen. Just looks like they dropped the frame rate to 5 FPS for a bit.

Jaja Vankova is actually a alien automated reconnaissance drone that has gone off mission and decided to make a life on earth

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Magic dragons-radioactive
@Ck AeroVoid
Guessing those are all dudes? Edit yeah def all dudes lol. Taylor's swift has a new ine where she's dressed and looks like a guy....must have been some serious drugs in their baby bottles with this gen of musicians lol not all of them but a lot do shit way out there.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Love this song, reminds me of an 80's era. Love the Synth sounds and Jennifer Connelly is so hot, even now but man in the late 80's and 90's god she was smoking...