What's new

The TYM "What are you listening to?" Thread

ChoseDeath

Seriously Casual Player.
Just saw Amon Amarth, so Berserker has been on for a few days. Also been jamming some old school thrash with Kreator's Pleasure To Kill and Metallica's Kill Em All.

And I have been absolutely digging George Strait and David Allan Coe lately too.

DeftMonk

Noob
Just saw Amon Amarth, so Berserker has been on for a few days. Also been jamming some old school thrash with Kreator's Pleasure To Kill and Metallica's Kill Em All.

And I have been absolutely digging George Strait and David Allan Coe lately too.
Amon Amarth and George Straight/David Allan Coe? What the hell? Sounds like you got ur iPhone set on white people music shuffle. Need to add some skeletonwitch and Dwight yoakum tho imo.

ChoseDeath

Seriously Casual Player.
Amon Amarth and George Straight/David Allan Coe? What the hell? Sounds like you got ur iPhone set on white people music shuffle. Need to add some skeletonwitch and Dwight yoakum tho imo.
Those are CD's bud, conscious choices not random on a play list, lol. Fucking love Skeletonwitch and never heard Yoakum. I'm just a music freak. Everything from Beethoven to Kevin Gates to Hank Williams Sr to Dying Fetus!

DeftMonk

Noob
Those are CD's bud, conscious choices not random on a play list, lol. Fucking love Skeletonwitch and never heard Yoakum. I'm just a music freak. Everything from Beethoven to Kevin Gates to Hank Williams Sr to Dying Fetus!
ya Me too hence why I went after a career in music. I was a guitarist in a metal band now I’m a dj for 8 years. Dwight yoakum is a guilty pleasure of mine lol. Btw since the mk and dj community is so far removed... are u guys aware of how many mk related riddim songs are coming out these days? I am working on a shang tsung track at the moment and this one just came out not long ago:

xKMMx

Banned
Finally get to see these dudes this month
They are sick!!!! I'm going to see Cannibal Corpse for my first time ever this Thursday!!! I actually saw them on the Slayer farewell tour in May but only caught two of the 5 songs they were given as the opening band out of 4.
If you ask me they should have never been asked to take backseat to Amon Amarth on that tour. No offense to Amon Amarth but Cannibal Corpse kicks their ass and doesn't need a giant Viking ship prop to make their set interesting.

ZeroSymbolic

Social Justice Barbarian
They are sick!!!! I'm going to see Cannibal Corpse for my first time ever this Thursday!!! I actually saw them on the Slayer farewell tour in May but only caught two of the 5 songs they were given as the opening band out of 4.
If you ask me they should have never been asked to take backseat to Amon Amarth on that tour. No offense to Amon Amarth but Cannibal Corpse kicks their ass and doesn't need a giant Viking ship prop to make their set interesting.
I found CC disappointing. Enjoyed Obituary and Cattle Decapitation much more.

ZeroSymbolic

Social Justice Barbarian
Must have caught a bad show because they sounded like an earth quake of sound and tighter than shit when I saw them.
They were tight, but they had to follow Cattle Decapitation and they couldn't. I don't think Alex Looked up from his fretboard once, and George was more interested in the Denver Broncos game than the show.

xKMMx

Banned
They were tight, but they had to follow Cattle Decapitation and they couldn't. I don't think Alex Looked up from his fretboard once, and George was more interested in the Denver Broncos game than the show.
Grab a bass and play the verse riff for any Cannibal Corspe song and tell me how much time you'd spend looking at all the ugly dudes in the crowd at the show while playing 16th note triplets with your fingers at 210bpm

ZeroSymbolic

Social Justice Barbarian
Grab a bass and play the verse riff for any Cannibal Corspe song and tell me how much time you'd spend looking at all the ugly dudes in the crowd at the show while playing 16th note triplets with your fingers at 210bpm
I can play Dead Human Collection, Hammer Smashed Face, and Stripped *ed and Strangled, and I can do it while looking up.

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
I saw Cannibal Corpse last November, super fun show. Corpsegrinder was very interactive with the crowd and the pit got really intense, I’d definitely see them again!